The online racing simulator
**UPDATED** [19th Apr] BF1 Oval Training/Practice Package
EDIT 3: I have removed some tire barriers in turn 3 so that you can go wide before your hotlap if you are hotlapping inorder to make a faster lap.

EDIT 2: I have completed the updated layout and have included 4 screenshots of the new layout, plus the new layout itself, and a replay of the new layout.

EDIT 1: I am currently editing the current layout to include a much smoother barrier system and possibly a few more split time locations to help one better understand where exactly they are losing time.

This is for anyone who is interested in improving their BF1 oval lap times.

I have created a layout that shows the best line through corners and forces you to enter and exit the corners well also.

It has taken me a while trying to figure out the best way to create the layout until I just thought of using tangent lines to act as the outside of the racing line in the corners.

The lines tend to funnel the driver into and out of the corner fording a pretty good race line. Of course the fine-tuning of the line depends on you.

I am sure this may work well with some other vehicles (such as FO8, FOX, etc.), but I developed it with the BF1 in mind.

I have included two screenshots, one replay, the layout, and and oval set. The set I am giving is the race set I used in the replay.

Sidenote on the setup: The setup comes set for an 8 lap race. 16% fuel should be used for this. Use 6th gear as 7th is for drafting. It IS NOT a set that you can bump with, but you can be bumped. It is a fast race set. And on starts, this set will want to spin to the right, so just cut the wheel to left on the start at about 10 o'clock and floor it and correct as necessary from there.

To turn the set into a hotlap set, all you have to do is put the rear wing to 1 degree, rear tires to R4, and 6-7% fuel for about 3 laps (2 warmup and 1 hotlap). And be sure the tires are warmed up for the hotlap to be fast.

ANY AND ALL FEEDBACK WELCOME! (Please comment if this helped you in any way)
Attached images
BF1 Oval Training 1.jpg
BF1 Oval Training 2.jpg
BF1 Oval Training 3.jpg
BF1 Oval Training 4.jpg
Attached files
BMW SAUBER_Oval-Race.set - 132 B - 307 views
KY1_BF1 Training.lyt - 1.3 KB - 297 views
[FM]Plaztikman_KY1_BF1_FINISHED.spr - 76.9 KB - 240 views
cool. I thought I something like this on oval junkies
Hey Red

As discussed - tested the oval - the lines i'm taking are just a little higher and turn-in is earlier than i would normally do (as evidenced by me constantly hitting your barriers!!) dunno if that's the circuit racer in me, or maybe i just take all the corners too late.... :shrugs:

- but i like your setup more than the one i was using.. so that helped a bit (mid 31's now...)

thanks
hi. i tryed your track layout . its prety cool idear just need the barriers to be a little better . i did find my line was a bit out to your layout but that could just be the way i drive .
as for the set up its very simalar to plasik you know who i mean

Quote from LFSn00b :Umm... Just randomly placed barriers.

Umm... They are not randomly placed. It took a lot of time to decide where to properly place the barriers depending on car width and racing line.

For example, I placed the barriers in turn 3 out a bit farther around where the hump is located so that it is not as likely that someone will wash up into the barrier when they lose grip over the bump. That is just one example.

Quote from keni007 :hi. i tryed your track layout . its prety cool idear just need the barriers to be a little better . i did find my line was a bit out to your layout but that could just be the way i drive .
as for the set up its very simalar to plasik you know who i mean

Yeah, I know what you mean. But that is the set I always use and it is on setup field. So I figured why not post it with the other stuff.

Besides, oval sets do not tend to vary much, barring the bump set of course.
See first post for update info.
Quote from LFSn00b :Umm... Just randomly placed barriers.

218 laps on the oval with the BF1, thats why it is just "random" for you. What you see is a layout which basically forces you to use a line which is, proofed by many persons, the best in order to get a good lap time.

Quote from red_wing_2121 :
Besides, oval sets do not tend to vary much, barring the bump set of course.

hmm, i rly wonder why...

On Topic, i really like the new layout. At first, it was a bit strange to concentrate on the line itself but i got used to it quicker then i thought. On thing i have missed is that you could open the entry and exit of turn three so one could be able to do a fast lap. You know what im talking about :P

I just watched your replay and i got this message (watch picture), so i did a quick run my self and uploaded the replay until yours is fixed. Maybe its just because we use different versions? Im on W10 right now.

Cheers mate
Attached images
oos error.jpg
Attached files
[FM]Plaztikman_KY1_BF1_FINISHED.spr - 76.9 KB - 237 views
Quote from 510N3D :
On Topic, i really like the new layout. At first, it was a bit strange to concentrate on the line itself but i got used to it quicker then i thought. On thing i have missed is that you could open the entry and exit of turn three so one could be able to do a fast lap. You know what im talking about :P

I just watched your replay and i got this message (watch picture), so i did a quick run my self and uploaded the replay until yours is fixed. Maybe its just because we use different versions? Im on W10 right now.

Cheers mate

I know what you mean

And I will upload a new replay ASAP.
Well... this will be fun

But..

Using Plazti's replay. I thing a version of this using Pylons instead of tyres could be a little bit safer!

I love this.... gets me closer (possibly) to chasing Fail around.... around around around! Ya know who I mean
Quote from CodieMorgan :Well... this will be fun

But..

Using Plazti's replay. I thing a version of this using Pylons instead of tyres could be a little bit safer!

I love this.... gets me closer (possibly) to chasing Fail around.... around around around! Ya know who I mean

Pylons? You mean cones?

Cones are not very visible from a distance the travelling at top speed. Tried it =)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG