The online racing simulator
You've already been offered cash donations, what more credit do you want?

On second thoughts, don't answer that .
Why not use Yellow and Red Cards Becky Failing that just Sin Bin the Blighter and Take 10
Quote :Funny if you are talking about you and your PC. Does it have a name also

When the system goes live be sure to check out the $credits command, i'm far from the only person involved. At some points yesterday we had 6 people working on the system and helping to move it forward. Yes i'm responsible for the vast bulk of the system, but I cant and dont do it alone.

EDIT: My PC is called GX. I called it that because I work for an Apple based company who at the time had G5's - I called my PC GX as in G10 - because I figured it would take Apple 5 more generations to catch up .

Quote :Why not use Yellow and Red Cards Becky Failing that just Sin Bin the Blighter and Take 10

The thing that seperated the STCC servers and the thing that we hope seperates the CTRA servers when they arrive is our back end administration system, whilst we cant guarantee clean racing, we do our best to keep detailed notes of drivers who frequently are not clean and educate them, and failing that boot them.

Yes when you simplify it yellow and red cars is exactly what we do - but doing this effectively and fairly is not a case of adminning from the drivers seat, we had a good system before that worked reasonably well - now we want a better system. Like all aspects of the new CTRA servers, it'll be bigger and better and simple & easy to use.

We're different from most servers because we put a lot of effort into trying to encourage clean racing rather than hoping for it and typing in /ban when we've been taken out ourselves.
Quote from CELTIC100 :Why not use Yellow and Red Cards Becky Failing that just Sin Bin the Blighter and Take 10

LOL I was on about your PC Becky not the CTRA System
oh lol
Woow CTRA site changed again. Nice faeture the X. Like it, can hardly wait anymore !!!!!!!!
Quote from Becky Rose :EDIT: My PC is called GX. I called it that because I work for an Apple based company who at the time had G5's - I called my PC GX as in G10 - because I figured it would take Apple 5 more generations to catch up .

bah just admit that its based on your favourite yugioh spinoff
The reporting system was finished yesterday . Today I am going to see some kittens and later i'm going back to hospital but if all goes well I hope to get a few things done on the core system tonight, followed by which the next big project is this events thing we've not said much about.
Some Key Features
  • Advanced Race Management
  • Race Anytime Without Signup
  • Licence Level Based Access System
  • Trained Stewards
  • No 'Admin from the Drivers seat'
  • Clearly Published & Visible Rules
  • Cross-Server Admin Messaging System
  • In-Server Incident Reporting System
  • Server Side Race Replay Archive
  • Personal Driver Web Pages
  • eMail Notification of Report Status Change
  • Cross-Server Private Messaging
  • Chat Channels
  • Events System
  • Hatches, Saloons, GT2, GTR's
  • Formula Fox, Formula V8, Formula 1
  • Banger Racing
  • Lap Record System with Layout Support
  • Fuel Estimation System with Layout Support
  • Track Rotation
  • Automatic Race Restarts
  • Concurrent Qualifying
^^^^ not very impressive is it

Bring it on!!!!!
/Me faints.
/ban The Moose 999

Quote from Becky Rose :/ban The Moose 999

Is that days or years? bah..either way I'll be back...cryogenic freezing FTW!
#215 - Dru
Quote from Becky Rose :/ban The Moose 999

LOL i thought Becky was gonna call the cops on you....

operator: yes hello, what emergancy please.

BR: .. police......

operator: one moment please

(insert cheesy lift music)

Police: hello suffolk police department...what seems to be the emergency madam

BR: ... i've got a problem with a Moose

Police:WTF??????

police hangs up...

10 minutes later at BR front door.... your nicked love for wasting Police time about a Moose!

LOL

Ah the inventive mind....
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :http://www.raceauthority.com/

URL gonna change or is this just a nice ad?

That's our new URL. What appears on it will change, though

I wasn't going to announce it until we had something specifically designed for the front holding page. Becky had different ideas
Quote from Dru :hello suffolk police department...

She's in Suffolk?! Aaaaah! She's closer than i think!
Quote from dungbeetle :Just an idea here regarding reporting incidents.

It might not be practical to implement, but here goes.

A possible way to prevent 'snap' reporting on every incident but still keep a 'tally' in case things get worse and need reporting.

How about if you can click to 'store' incidents during a race without actually submitting them there and then. At the end of the race and/or session, you can then reflect upon / review how things went during and after the incident(s) to see if it really does warrant a report?

For example, a typical scenario might be:

At some point in the race you get clobbered. You're not REALLY sure if they're being nasty or if it was a genuine mistake. So, you hit 'store incident' quickly and carry on with the race.

Later on, either at the end of the race or after a few more races, either:

1. All goes well after the initial clash and it was clearly a whoopsy. After a quick chat and a sorry, there are no hard feelings, so you delete the stored incident as there's no need to report anyone.

BUT it was worth storing it just in case, because:

2. This person is a real pain and continues to ram people intentionally. After a couple of more races there are three more 'stored incidences' that occured, so you decide to report.

sorry abut this it has noting to do wit the topic but ur avatar is just unreal made me rofl
Quote from Jakg :She's in Suffolk?!

How does Dru know this stuff?

He really is a bit of a stalker me thinks
#220 - Dru
Quote from The Moose :How does Dru know this stuff?

He really is a bit of a stalker me thinks

it's a guess, it's probably wrong, but i thought that JAk,Becky and Tristan are all from around 'that part of the world'..ish

and Moose... schuuu. you'll blow my cover
Quote from faster111 :Some Key Features

• Personal Driver Web Pages

Oooh, wassat all about then? :bounce8:
Quote :She's in Suffolk?! Aaaaah! She's closer than i think!

It's news to me too, I do live in the Fens though, but I live in Cambs. Thankfully i'm not a yokel, being of Hertfordshire origin and Welsh-Irish descent. Basically, i'm "British" rather than English, and definitely not a particularly slow talking tractor driving sect of the English, like Tristan and Jack.

Quote :I wasn't going to announce it until we had something specifically designed for the front holding page. Becky had different ideas

Look, you left a blank page up with the text "UKCT Ownzorz", if anyone is in the dog house, it's youzorz! I had to do something so that people didn't mistake all this work for a, and I quote, "carear mode", Mr Hopkinson.
ah so your a person who says "can i have a pint a guiness boyo"

lol

couldnt resist, no offence

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG