The online racing simulator
Where did all the good BF1 drivers come from
Over the last few nights there has been a lot of good drivers doing AS Nat in the BF1.

I've been racing BF1 online for the last few months and you guys haven't been there.

Is it just AS Nat that gets people out on track? I like AS Nat but it's fairly simple and there are better tracks out there!!!

Good racing last night though, I'm please there is a BF1 community again, even if it's the same track every night : )
AS Nat is booooring. I guess people find it funny because there are few hard turns and lots of straights.
I run the BF1 on ASNat frequently too. Long straights make overtaking fun, and the 2 hairpin turns are quite simple, making the track good for competitive races.
Simple track for simple people :mischievo
Quote from geeman1 :Simple track for simple people :mischievo

Racername: [FG] geeman
Online at: [CD] ConeDodgers 1

I would love to see people getting a bit more adventurous tho.... KY GP, SO LONG, WE REV are all awesome BF1 tracks, hell, even AS Cadet!
If anyone's looking for a BF1 race tonight and can reasonably drive go to the SGPA Sim Grand Prix subforum
I'm there dude!
It was with a heavy heart that I added Aston national to the calendar - but as that has been completed, it's perfectly safe as you won't have to race on that borefest this season, and it won't appear next season

Thats not a very friendly remark, is it?
I`m not simple!
I just don`t drive on any of the popular server. (Mainly because I eighter are banned from most of them, or because I like to drive on server when people are more "slower" than me)
Quote from southamptonfc :Is it just AS Nat that gets people out on track? I like AS Nat but it's fairly simple and there are better tracks out there!!!

If you find it so simple I'd like to see you drive the WR.

I think it's great for public races. Just like KY NAT.

Of course, there are more challenging circuits, like KY GP Long, or Aston North, but there are so very few people that can drive them and are willing to take the time for it..
I really can't race AS nat'l anymore. Same goes for BL.
We have so many nice tracks, some extremely well suited for fo8 and BF1 yet people just go with the plain AS nat'l and FOX on BL.
Once we get some servers with WE, AS Grand Prix, KY etc you'll see a much bigger population in racers online.
Let's just hope it actually happens.
Quote from gohfeld23 :I really can't race AS nat'l anymore. Same goes for BL.
We have so many nice tracks, some extremely well suited for fo8 and BF1 yet people just go with the plain AS nat'l and FOX on BL.
Once we get some servers with WE, AS Grand Prix, KY etc you'll see a much bigger population in racers online.
Let's just hope it actually happens.

Lets hope
But I think people prefer to race on tracks they know, instead if using time and effort on learning a new track. At least I thinks that way, if I could chose between racing a good old combo I know very good, and a new track - I of course would chose the one I know, becuse there is where I can drive fairly quick I think a lot of people think that way, therfor you probally have to give it time, so people learning and starts liking the combo`s we have not yet tried.
Quote from The Very End :Lets hope
But I think people prefer to race on tracks they know, instead if using time and effort on learning a new track.

I find that quite stunning... The only problem with LFS is the limited selection of tracks. That people can drive AS Nat at near WR speeds and then become race retards when faced with a new set of corners just defies belief.
Well, thats maybe not for everyone, but I think a lot of people only can drive some (2-3) tracks good, while they maybe havent raced on the other tracks, therfor they will be pretty slow there, and again therfor they don`t want to race a track they dont know
Thats at least how it is for me, like when I tried Bf1 on WE for first time, I was 8 second slower than WR
Anyway, after 50 laps it was down to 1.5 sec slower

Well, thats not this topic subject, but as I said, people prefer to race something they know, instead of taking on new challanges.
Quote from The Very End :Well, thats not this topic subject, but as I said, people prefer to race something they know, instead of taking on new challanges.

Going even more offtopic.. Anyway it's a nice when you get to a point where you can join any track with any car and ater few laps be competitive. It takes a while to get to that point, driving all kinds of cars on all kinds of tracks. But it's not impossible. I think I am at currently at this point, only after about 2 years of racing
Quote from geeman1 :Going even more offtopic.. Anyway it's a nice when you get to a point where you can join any track with any car and ater few laps be competitive. It takes a while to get to that point, driving all kinds of cars on all kinds of tracks. But it's not impossible. I think I am at currently at this point, only after about 2 years of racing

Well, I can drive all cars on all tracks, but for example, SO classic with FoX I have a PB on something like 41.09, that is good enough, but on other tracks with other cars (AS National for example) I`m over 2.5 sec behind it :S So, even with 3 years experience I`m still crap at driving basically ^^
The only thing I`m proud of is to have to WR togheter with 2 other people on Oval, 29.68 hehe
Well, stfu myself, this is not a bragging topic!

Back topic, sorry
Lol, while we are off topic.
I actually enjoy racing on tracks that I have less experience at. It's fun, you learn the lines, the speed....it's a challenge! I also tend to be more relaxed when I'm not racing for that extra 0:00.10 on BL or AS Nat'l in the FRZ or FOX for example.

Lately for me, nothing beats LX4 or 6 on FE or SO...any of them.
There is something so rewarding racing against others on the track with equal experience in a twitchy yet fun car then "Pro's" doing hotlaps on Pub servers.
Maybe it's just me.
I loved to drive FZR@WE but there's no people driving it. I learned then BF1@AS and played it for a week. Then I got borne with it and start to play FZR@AS. And I'm boring there also The only fun with AS is the number of players racing online.

snob
take note of darkone's post

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG