The online racing simulator
Villeneuve in NASCAR????
(15 posts, started )
Villeneuve in NASCAR????
:jawdrop: OMG! I don't believe it! What have ye done!

:davrosmilDalek0220.
heh, yeah I've come across the news as well. I can't imagine Jacques racing in Nascar but with his music career being flushed down the toiled after his first album release I guess he has no choice!
There's been rumours about it for ages. Personally I don't care where he goes, I've lost a lot of respect for him over the last few years.
#5 - TiJay
The French F1 driver who joins NASCAR... Jean Luc Girard anyone?
Quote from Dalek0220 ::jawdrop: OMG! I don't believe it! What have ye done!

:davrosmilDalek0220.

Nice sig

Would be fun seeing him in NASCAR
I'd love it, he'd just get all the booing he deserves. I'd watch NASCAR just to hope he loses, I hate him because he's a spoilt brat who f**ked up any hope of JB being competitive at BAR and the a lot of the US hates French Canadians.
Quote from TiJay :The French F1 driver who joins NASCAR... Jean Luc Girard anyone?

Nah, that's the bald bloke from Dewsbury who's in charge of the starship enterprise.
OMG I dunno which is worse...

Finding out Jacques is goin to nascar, or that Jean Luc is French Canadian! :jawdrop: :wtf2:
i heard him interviewed a few months ago and he didnt sound like it was gonna happen
Quote from thisnameistaken :Nah, that's the bald bloke from Dewsbury who's in charge of the starship enterprise.

I thought it was Jean-Luc Pickard? . *Star Trek (kinda, well not really, actually, used to watch Star Trek for a bit when I was about 8-10 years old then left it) geek*
This is what I posted in another Forum on 2nd April:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=2]During last Sundays NASCAR Race in Martinsville some very interesting comments were made from one of the German NASCAR commentators about Craig Pollock.

I will have to quote losely, because I didnt find his comments anywhere on the net, and just quote from memory of what I heard he said when he was beeing asked how it looks about Villeneuve returning back to Racing, in NASCAR.

If any German Forum Members are here who also watched the NASCAR Race, feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong or forgot something:

Craig Pollock has tried to get Villeneuve a Cockpit in NASCAR, he also contacted my Team from the past, and what he wanted was a contract for Villeneuve, a 20 Million Dollars contract. He didnt got a agreement and later came back and said Villeneuve would also race for half of that money.

We know that he asked at different Teams for a car, after some time he came back and said Villeneuve would race for free, if we would give him a car. In NASCAR, and Motorsports that is not the way to make deals, you shouldnt try to sell your driver for alot of money, come back and only wanting half of it, to be coming back later again to be ready to Race for free.

Some time later he got one offer from Roush Racing, they would provide him a car and Team around it, but Villeneuve would have to pay for all of it.

Craig Pollock was very clumsy trieng to find a place for Villeneuve in NASCAR.

Please note, that this is losely what I remember the German commentator said during the Race when he was asked about Villeneuve, I have no way to prove if anything of what he said is true, or if I remember completetly correctly what he said, but it was along the lines of what is written above. Thought some of you people would also find that interesting.

The commentators name is Klaus Graf, and considered an expert in NASCAR in Europe, he has also Raced in the NASCAR Cup Series and still has contact with his Team at Races.

In 1993 he was German and Austrian Formel Ford Champion, in 1997 he was third in the Porsche Carrera Cup and best Rookie of all times.
In 2005 he Raced at Rocketsports Racing in the Trans Am Series and was first German to win the Series. He has Raced in NASCAR for BAM-Racing in 2005.
Ah Klaus Graf. Yes he's peeked his head in American stock car racing from time to time. He's raced in NASCAR and ARCA before. He tried to qualify at Infinion with Front Row Motorsports but that team's literally crap (it's Kevin LePage's ride: the #34 or #37).

He's had some success in 2004 at the same race track (finishing in the top 20).

I find it strange that Villeneuve will be with Roush. Roush hasn't been doing too good lately I dont know what they'd expect from Villeneuve.

But of course Montoya's expectations were sky high at the beginning of this year (but they shouldn't be).
I remember seeing Graf in T/A. I was a fan of his soley because I didn't want Pruett to win. :P
Quote from lizardfolk :I find it strange that Villeneuve will be with Roush. Roush hasn't been doing too good lately I dont know what they'd expect from Villeneuve.

But of course Montoya's expectations were sky high at the beginning of this year (but they shouldn't be).

He wouldn't necessarily be with Roush like Roush's 5 drivers are now. He would be "with" Roush like how Boris Said is. Plus IIRC Roush has to have only 4 teams next year, and it seems Greg Biffle will be the one moving on .

Villeneuve in NASCAR????
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG