The online racing simulator
light switch
(8 posts, started )
light switch
i was wondering if somone could please quickly code a kind of light switch that turns on the head lights and rear lights but the rear lights slightly dimmer. there has been a thread requesting this. and alot of people would be quite gratfull. thanks
#2 - ajp71
Quote from -YR-BDINGU :there has been a thread requesting this.

So we need a new one?

Quote :and alot of people would be quite gratfull. thanks

I doubt it, it has no relevance to racing in dry, daytime conditions, you can already flash your lights and use indicators which is more than enough ways to communicate to other racers. You'll find there's no quick fix either as the lights wouldn't work properly without a lot of graphics redevelopment (atm the lights do not light up the track). This eye candy would just slow LFS down anyway.
just hold down G, minimize LFS, maximize it.. and then your lights are on (until you type something that contains a G)
Getting nearly as cynical as me there ajp!

But I agree, it's not really a mod that will help make LFS better, or look cooler. It just allows the boy racers to turn on their foglights when it's not foggy and blind other road users (or in LFS's case prove that they probably lack basic driving abilities).
I remember racing in Kyoto National, midday cloudy with XFR's. Turning the lights on clearly improved the cars visibility in others mirrors and therefore safety on that high-speed track. That doesn't mean I'd desperately want any light switches though, especially when you can switch them on like XNCuse described above.
#6 - ajp71
Flashing lights is a good way to get the attention of a car in front, far better than using a horn, which drives me mad and can be deleted from the snd folder
Quote from ajp71 :Flashing lights is a good way to get the attention of a car in front, far better than using a horn, which drives me mad and can be deleted from the snd folder

Sadly, most people dont realise the lights. Usually when im next to another car, and see them turning towards me i give a quick honk less than a second long to warn them.
#8 - ajp71
The lights won't be any use unless the driver in front is checking his mirrors (which he should be)

As for blasting your horn when someone is about to cut you up, is it really sensible? A lot of people will have deleted the horn file (like me). Wouldn't it be better to try and avoid the contact, even if it means backing down when you don't have to?

light switch
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG