The online racing simulator
updated to patch x - pause when player leaves pits
Was running w17 fine, now after the update whenever a player leaves the pits I get a brief pause. Very offputting
-
(rc10racer) DELETED by rc10racer
Quote from Blowtus :Was running w17 fine, now after the update whenever a player leaves the pits I get a brief pause. Very offputting

It happened all through testing of the test patch for me, mentioned it numerous times, never got fixed, got fed up with mentioning it, just tend to live with it now
same here...

+1
Wait. Is it like a stutter or a brief Pause? because there are 2 things involved with this issue

1- Stutter maybe due to color depth. seems silly but it is; try switch it to 16 bit depth and see if that fixes it. Also another thing check if you over did it on AA and AF if so lower it.

2-Brief pause- two causes really. first is network lagg. you or some other ppl might be lagging resulting in total slow down of the server, wait a bit more to clear up. Second is your computer maybe slow in cpu horsepower or you are running in low ram and using paging file or as called "disc cache". If its ram issue clear up some background programs that might be running. Hope that helps you
the point still stands, that whatever it is related to, happened at some point in the update cycle. My only racing is done on the same server, with the same racers from the same country, at the same time and day every week
yea same thing happens to me, short lags after a pit exit, as in if ur fps is low, tho its at 60 when it happends. very anoing when you are on a server with heavy pit exits like conedodger 1
I have that too. It freeses for a second. I thought it was my pc that couldn't handle the data, but maybe i was wrong
tryed putting it on 16 bit, seemes to have helped

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG