The online racing simulator
Setup folders and surface simulation
Probably both been requested before so consider these a +1 to them

1. We need to ability to create folders for setups to keep them organised. I would like to have a folder per track so I can keep them separate. Also, allow longer setup names. Or as a few posts down, allow notes to be made with setups.

2. I would love it if the track would rubber-in over the course of the race so that there is a proper 'dirty' and 'grippy' part of the track, this could be enhanced with marbles.

Ta!
+1 to both them, but this has been suggested lot of times before
We need it bad so +1 again
#4 - Ian.H
Setup organisation would be welcomed.. but as for "live track effects".. I'll pass for now.. instead I'll stick my vote on fixing the tracks and effects we have already, such as track marking lines that clip and pop all over the place, random horrible (shouldn't be there) shadows, pits that are assigned to a driver, and not allow anyone to just pit-in in any old pit box, yada yada. Best to fix current things before adding more things

Regards,

Ian
#5 - evans
Quote from Ian.H :Setup organisation would be welcomed.. but as for "live track effects".. I'll pass for now.. instead I'll stick my vote on fixing the tracks and effects we have already, such as track marking lines that clip and pop all over the place, random horrible (shouldn't be there) shadows, pits that are assigned to a driver, and not allow anyone to just pit-in in any old pit box, yada yada. Best to fix current things before adding more things

Regards,

Ian

Visuals before realism? Live track changes are definitely important for any real life racing driver. Going off the line is completely unpunished in LFS right now, and that makes overtaking rather easy.
Marbles and other sorts of "dirt" on the unused parts of the track would make racing so much harder and so much more fun. +1 from me.
Quote from southamptonfc :1. We need to ability to create folders for setups to keep them organised. I would like to have a folder per track so I can keep them separate. Also, allow longer setup names. Or as a few posts down, allow notes to be made with setups.

I agree. I'd also like the same to be done with skins.

Instead of (wherever)/data/settings/UF1_Setup it would be more sensible if it was /data/settings/UF1/Setup as you can't use a setup for multiple cars. Maybe the same for skins (put them in separate folders but with the prefixes for LFSW's sake).

For sets you should be able to have as many folders inside that car folder as you want (/settings/UF1/Blackwood/GP/Endurance.set) for example

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG