League/Series Tools
(11 posts, started )
League/Series Tools
These have been mentioned before, throughout the years of LFS, but I think its time to mention them again.

It'd be great to see the following... I know we would love to have these tools for our league racing.

a) Fixed Setups - Server setup is automatically sent to anyone joining the server. Only allow for min. changes, such as brake balance, braking strength, maximum lock, etc. to allow for differences in player control gear. [Plenty of sims had this feature; NR2003 for sure which is one of the biggest sims over on this side of the pond.]

b) Server side mandated handicaps - This would be on a per username or car type basis. Voluntary handicap system is in, it'd be nice to be able to control that from within the server. [This would be pretty unique, not many sims have had this feature.]

c) Event statistics - A dump, preferably in XML (but other standard formats would be acceptable), of the statistics on the completion of a qualifying or race event such as having automatic replays on and would be stored in a folder, say data\results, and would be earmarked as qualifying or race and say a date-time stamp. Also you would just be able to save the statistics like you would a replay. [This is a pretty old feature that a fair number of sims have had going back to I approx. Nascar Racing 3 days.]

Both a) and b) it'd be great to be able to control this via the server config file, server commands and even InSim.

Be nice to see more league and series racing support in LFS.
#2 - eakew
+1
+1, and...

d) Server-side setting of the pit speed limiter's speed.
+1

and thats a good one Dead
+1

Some additions:
  • Server side ability to set the number of pitstops required (more than one)
  • the ability to set whether to always change tires and/or fill the tank
  • the ability to set the penalty level for not pitting (or not completing the number of required stops).
Ability for stop-and-hold pentalties, i.e. stop in pit box for 1 lap.
Just a note: most (if not all) of these have been suggested in that sticky at the top of this forum.
They may have been suggested before, but a +1 from me anyways.
I mean the Server options wishlist one, not the suggested improvements log.
Hate to take a book out of rFactor, but another nice league tool, would be to adjust the fuel usage and tire wear ratios for a server.
Gotta disagree with that one. One of the things I've always hated about games that purport to be simulations.

League/Series Tools
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG