The online racing simulator
RACE - Caterham
(32 posts, started )
RACE - Caterham
There is another extension coming soon for Race wtcc:

RACE - Caterham

Look the pics below, it reminds me something but i wonder what....

Now that will be interesting to compare with the LX's... i know they're not exactly the same, but they should have similar characteristics
RACE was shite, no way on gods green earth I am paying for a update for it when they never fixed RACE
#5 - Renku
Quote from otolikos :There is another extension coming soon for Race wtcc:

RACE - Caterham

Look the pics below, it reminds me something but i wonder what....:cratchch]

What pics, you mean these: 1 2 3 4.

Caterhams coming to Race (WTCC Game)

When did the RACE '06 came out, in the end of last year? This addon will come soon and RACE '07 will come also this year. And people complain the LFS is too expensive .
After looking at it the model of the car und the textures, I think everybody will agree, that it will be nice to have such models some day
#7 - mr_x
I play RACE alot, and I love it, especially online and in the community I'm part of we often get 15-20 people in our server who are all there to get away from public servers.

Good fun, the most under-estimated sim IMO. Yes it has bugs, but see through those bugs (major ones have been fixed, and there's a patch coming soon which in theory fixes steam failures in online racing). It has big potential, I'll be getting the Caterham addon, and RACE07 when it's released.
Quote from mr_x :I play RACE alot, and I love it, especially online and in the community I'm part of we often get 15-20 people in our server who are all there to get away from public servers.

Good fun, the most under-estimated sim IMO. Yes it has bugs, but see through those bugs (major ones have been fixed, and there's a patch coming soon which in theory fixes steam failures in online racing). It has big potential, I'll be getting the Caterham addon, and RACE07 when it's released.

I kinda agree, i wouldn't say i like it a lot, but i do like it. I just REALLY hate the whole "Steam" thing...
Not sure if i'll get the update of RACE '07... LFS fills my Sim racing void enough atm
Other than a handfull of privateers and much less than a handfull of 'good cars' for rFactor, you won't find anything that will live up to the LFS player expectations here.. They *WILL* insist on using tyres made from a totally different material than rubber..

Yeah yeah.. nice model (perhaps).. but I'd rather drive a 100 polygon lx4 than any 'stock ISI / SIMBIN' car!
I got RACE free with my graphics card. I installed it, tried a few laps around Monza but the cars just don't interest me. I might get the Caterham add-on and see if that helps.

It also looks too much like GTR (ugly).
Just a quick heads-up: This add-on is available now and it's free for RACE owners until Friday, so you might want to start up Steam and download it if you've got some network slack time.

Haven't had a chance to try it yet.
#12 - mr_x
Done it downloaded it, I hate RWD cars, but this was quite fun racing with 9 other guys. I couldn't control them to save my life, and I need to tweak my FFB more. But it's good, Imola is a great track, and i've never driven Estoril yet!

Oh and my name is on one of the Caterhams - Number 54 - Chris English (Syncro Racing) bright yellow
Quote from mr_x :Done it downloaded it, I hate RWD cars, but this was quite fun racing with 9 other guys.

The LXs are my favourite in LFS so hopefully I'll enjoy these. Hope the physics do them justice.

Quote from mr_x : Oh and my name is on one of the Caterhams - Number 54 - Chris English (Syncro Racing) bright yellow

Awesome!
#14 - mr_x
I think you might enjoy it Kev, they feel about as slippery as the LX cars do in LFS and FFB is very much improved since the last patch, got more feel to it. The default setups are crap though, so we figured tonight. Too much understeer in them.

Anyway, here's my claim to fame...
Attached images
syncro1.jpg
I'm going to have a hard time choosing between Carlos Eduardo Bueno and Jan Fecker.

A lot of those team names are also teams in LFS.
Quote from mr_x :I think you might enjoy it Kev, they feel about as slippery as the LX cars do in LFS and FFB is very much improved since the last patch, got more feel to it. The default setups are crap though, so we figured tonight. Too much understeer in them.

Anyway, here's my claim to fame...

Is there a list somewhere of the teams / drivers in the expansion?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Just a quick heads-up: This add-on is available now and it's free for RACE owners until Friday, so you might want to start up Steam and download it if you've got some network slack time.

Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Won't download here, it updates, but I can see no way of getting the free addon, it says I have to buy it "in game"

Disregard, shut down and started up STEAM and it started to download
Tried it for a bit.........It's not great TBH, the whole game still looks like a wet weekend in Doncaster......

As for the cars, I was expecting something a bit "wild" with the CSR 320, but it's pretty tame, not overly impressed so far with the addon.
Hmm. I just found time to give it a try and it won't let me in! The tracks aren't listed in the track selection bit, and the Caterham car in the car selection bit is linking to "Buy Caterham Expansion Pack" and sends me to their website.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Hmm. I just found time to give it a try and it won't let me in! The tracks aren't listed in the track selection bit, and the Caterham car in the car selection bit is linking to "Buy Caterham Expansion Pack" and sends me to their website.

You need to close down STEAM, then reopen it and it will give you a pop-up allowing you to install it.
Mine doesn't.

I hate Steam.

Edit: Clicking the "Get" link in this page makes it install.
Hmm. Only ran a couple of laps around Brands in the 320 but I think I could rather get used to this! I still wish the tracks weren't so dull looking though, makes me realise how spoiled we are with LFS.

I can't seem to get my clutch pedal set up. It's on a separate wheel, and while the game recognises it as an axis it behaves like a button that is always on.

No idea what's going on there, or what I can do to fix it. Any suggestions, anyone?
#23 - DeKo
cheers kev, i closed the window without thinking so had no way to get the addon .

Wahey, brands kerbs have been flattened . was one of my major gripes with RACE.
Just had my first proper go, managed to find a couple of races with four other drivers (), both in the puny 200s. It's obviously a much less detailed simulation than LFS, it feels a bit rudimentary and "toy"-ish, but the cars are still good fun. Wanging the car round the hairpins and over the kerbs at Estoril is a satisfying experience.

Things I missed from LFS: Visible corner distance markers, decent force-feedback, more people online.
I haven't played RACE since the first release, have they fixed the sense of speed at all? When i tried it, i couldn't get a feel for how fast i was going at all, it was terrible!

RACE - Caterham
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG