The online racing simulator
Graphics problem!
(9 posts, started )
#1 - R1K89
Graphics problem!
Hello,
im having a serious graphics problem with LFS, i have this sometimes, it mostly starts when im on a track with an autocross layout. When it starts then my FPS suddenly goes to about 1fps or 0 and the sound starts to lag too, after that i cant drive arround anymore because it has arround 0-1fps. I have re-installed my graphic card drivers, that helped for about 1 hour, then it came back.

System specs:
Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz HT
1024MB
ATI 9800 128MB - ATI 7.5 drivers
Windows XP SP2
Live For Speed Patch X

Here are screenshots:

i hope you guys know the solution for this
#2 - Renku
#3 - R1K89
Restart fixed it but i think its kinda strange that this bug can STILL happen , maybe Scawen should fix it it happend twice that day ! Kinda strange isn't it.
#4 - Renku
Quote from R1K89 :Restart fixed it but i think its kinda strange that this bug can STILL happen , maybe Scawen should fix it it happend twice that day ! Kinda strange isn't it.

I have to do smth with the first post of the first thread I posted. Only You can fix it, you must re-install GFX card drivers. I usually try to find newer ones, but newer isn't always better.
I suggest you to press alt-tab at the moment of lagging and find out if there is any process in your system taking a lot of CPU power. Just press Alt-Ctrl-Del, check Processes, and double click CPU table double time to sort the threads. I had some problems and found out that my system was running strange threads after some time of inactivity.
#6 - R1K89
Quote from Renku :I have to do smth with the first post of the first thread I posted. Only You can fix it, you must re-install GFX card drivers. I usually try to find newer ones, but newer isn't always better.

I reinstalled GFX card drivers many times (and i tried diffirent versions too) but restarting my pc only fixes it. It still sometimes happends, it only happends to me when i have an custom layout on track (autox). It's a verry strange bug.
#7 - Renku
Quote from R1K89 :I reinstalled GFX card drivers many times (and i tried diffirent versions too) but restarting my pc only fixes it. It still sometimes happends, it only happends to me when i have an custom layout on track (autox). It's a verry strange bug.

That's something new then. Reinstalling GFX drivers fixed the problem for me, but I don't use AutoX too.
#8 - R1K89
Quote from Renku :That's something new then. Reinstalling GFX drivers fixed the problem for me, but I don't use AutoX too.

Yes, and the strangest thing is i can't tell exactly when it happends. It just happends completly random , really :ouch:

BTW, with AutoX i mean the "Autocross Layouts", the bug only happends when a track has loaded an Autocross layout.
It truly sounds like your processor is overheating (though it could be your graphics card too). Do you have any way to check the temperature of your processor? If you don't, try Core Temp as I find it works very well for any processor with a sensor. Report back with your findings and what temperature everything is running at when you encounter these white textures.

EDIT: btw, Core Temp doesn't show graphics card temperatures. I am not sure if your graphics card will have a temperature sensor, if you want you can try a program like Everest (home edition).

Graphics problem!
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG