The online racing simulator
Eating out, whats your fav food?
(55 posts, started )
Proper Mexican restaurant .. love Mexican food

or

A proper Pizzeria with the stone oven.

mnmnmnmnm
Fish, or perhaps some McDonalds if i'm in a hurry, or just some tradional Dutch food.
#28 - col
Quote from thisnameistaken :...
My favourite meat by far is the humble crab (any variety - I've never eaten a bland-tasting crab). I also really like the clams you yanks get on your eastern coast. I used to enjoy all the steak fish but the idea of shipping them all that way bothers me now, so I don't order them.

mmm.. I love crab, lobster prawns, shellfish etc. BUT they have to be REALLY fresh, like off the boat caught the same day...
Also, if you can get mackerel into a pan and on the plate within an hour or two of it swimming in the sea, it is amazing - leave it longer and it turns really bland!
Quote :

Intensely hot foods get your endorphins going; they get you mashed, basically - that's why people who like hot food tend to really like hot food.

No kidding ), my favourite foods are thai green curry (hot with fresh chilli)... and North Indian chilli garlic chicken - my local curry house is GOOD and use plenty of fresh green herbs plus loads of nice fresh hot chillis ).
Don't like very hot curries done with powder.. bleaaach... has to be lots of green chillis, garlic and plenty of hot ginger...
As you say, this food gets you high
I like Italian food. But, I eat fast-food like McDonalds if I'm in a rush.
Quote from col :mmm.. I love crab, lobster prawns, shellfish etc. BUT they have to be REALLY fresh, like off the boat caught the same day...
Also, if you can get mackerel into a pan and on the plate within an hour or two of it swimming in the sea, it is amazing - leave it longer and it turns really bland!

:Handshake

There's just something special about eating seafood caught with a local boat that makes me go warm and fuzzy inside. I feel a bit spoilt.

BTW: If you've got some nice meaty prawns, try mixing up a sauce of tomatoes, plenty of horseradish, lemon juice and tabasco. Zingy!

Quote from col : No kidding ), my favourite foods are thai green curry (hot with fresh chilli)... and North Indian chilli garlic chicken - my local curry house is GOOD and use plenty of fresh green herbs plus loads of nice fresh hot chillis ).

Mine used to be really good but they've gone downhill lately. They used to do a rogan josh with handfuls of fresh coriander and tomato segments thrown in right at the end, so the tomatoes just softened and took on a little flavour, and it was delicious. Now their rogan josh is just mush.

I'm not a big eater of hot curries really, but I do have a taste for jalapenos and I cook with them a lot.
#31 - CSU1
Quote from thisnameistaken :

I'm not a big eater of hot curries really, but I do have a taste for jalapenos and I cook with them a lot.

fresh seafood, chineese and mexican ftw! but jalapenos ruin a good meal imo as cooks tend to go overboard with the portions , they have a very overpowering taste so I would rather not/ or maybe just order them seperate
#32 - DeKo
a cheap rubbishy pizza out of my local cafe thing, its only 3 quid for a 12" but its the best pizza ive ever had.
1) Chicken Wings
2) Indian - Chicken Madras! Savage!!
3) Dominos - Sizzler
4) Fillet Steak medium well with some home-made pepper sauce

Man this is making me hungry!!
Forgot one: Lamb on the bone, shoulder, whatever, casseroled 'til it falls to bits. Mmmm.
im starting to doubt kevs britishness he seems to actually have working tastebuds

as far as food goes ill pretty much eat anything thats done well but currently my favs are thai (probably for the reasons kev stated) chinese (the kind you get in europe not the stuff chinese eat) and proper italian food
#36 - CSU1
Quote from nikimere :
Man this is making me hungry!!

Im just goin out the door to Joel's....meh I know it;s shite but me is straaaaarven marven
The pizza i had at Tenerife. made in a restarant in exactly 30 minutes.
It's odd because my twin sister is a really fussy eater, she doesn't like anything. Whereas there's really nothing that I don't like.

But I do have issues with marzipan. It's not really that I don't like it, it's just that I think it's totally unnecessary. And you never just get a little bit of marzipan; someone will bake a delicious and moist fruit cake and then inexplicably plaster the entire thing in 5kg of almond cement... I mean, why?

And don't get me started on people who make cutesy little sculptures out of it.
#39 - CSU1
wth!!! Google "marzipan" pics and see what turns up ....freakey

I guess thats what u meant kev....
McDonalds Double Cheeseburger without pickles, but strangely, i eat it alot but im still rather skinny.
Other than that, Pastamania's nice too.
Quote from CSU1 :wth!!! Google "marzipan" pics

See, that shouldn't be allowed. Once the kids are of school-going age, all housewives with too much time on their hands should be sent to forced labour camps.
#42 - J.B.
Real pizza (stone oven, not Pizza Hut) with anchovies, capers, garlic, onions and very hot peppers.

Steak.

Grilled lobster.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I like Italian food. But, I eat fast-food like McDonalds if I'm in a rush.

Wifey makes a lasagna to die for. Simply AWESOME!

It's useless to get Italian when you are out to eat. Anyone can make spaghetti and stuff.

Did I mention I like steak? It's all I eat if I'm going to a real restaurant.

Funny thing is, I posted I'd never eat at McDonald's ever again. But the kids love McDonald's. Well, guess where dinner was at tonight? Yup, McDonald's. We were going to pick it up and go out to the park and eat, but the wife was hot waiting out in the car so they all came in. "Let's just eat here out at the outside tables," she said. Er, what about my Whopper? Oh, you have it right there in your purse! Fine by me, LOL. So, yeah, I ate at McDonald's, I just didn't eat their food.

Oh yeah, I don't think I've mentioned it yet. I absolutely love steak
Aw DAMNIT congrats on getting the worst topic title ever!!

And I think I like Tim Hortons and any italian or jamaican food place. Dunno, I like all the famous stuff too (KFC) because I am not too picky with that.
Quote from mrodgers :It's useless to get Italian when you are out to eat. Anyone can make spaghetti and stuff.

theres more to italian food than spghetti bolognese mate
Quote from thisnameistaken :My favourite meat by far is the humble crab (any variety - I've never eaten a bland-tasting crab). I also really like the clams you yanks get on your eastern coast.

I'm in Minnesota right now, but my girlfriend is from the east coast, and I'm planning on moving there. Crabs are amazingly good, I think they're fun to pick too, just fun to eat in general, and they taste soooo good.
Quote from thisnameistaken :But I do have issues with marzipan. It's not really that I don't like it, it's just that I think it's totally unnecessary. And you never just get a little bit of marzipan; someone will bake a delicious and moist fruit cake and then inexplicably plaster the entire thing in 5kg of almond cement... I mean, why?

And don't get me started on people who make cutesy little sculptures out of it.

It makes it last longer, and it makes it easier to ice. I like marzipan.

I personally hate McDonalds and so on, I much prefer fish and chips.
#48 - axus
Nando's Chicken Wrap, extra hot or pizza with lots of Tabasco sauce
Quote from niall09 :My friend works in McDonalds and he said that they have to clean out the McFlurry machine every 6 weeks due to maggots in there

He's lieing, I don't live in McFlurry machines:sorry::hidesbehi
-
(jjones) DELETED by jjones
there is a little place about 2 blocks from 4th and ohio in santa monica that does great wraps. also a breakfast spot, snug harbour, in SM again. great omlettes.

Eating out, whats your fav food?
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG