The online racing simulator
Now that is a part I missed in LFS. That drivers who created crahes in T1 should be punished by spending time in pitbox. Just like you said becky. 2 laps should do the trick. That should teach them a lesson.

I always take extra care at T1. I even let racers pass me at T1. It doesnt slow you down a bit. Due to these crashes I even gain some places. Only because we all want to be true T1 at first.

I like this. Maybe drivers are more carefull now
If you guys need any dummies when testing out the new servers just give me a shout anytime, I am online more than I really should be these days (according to Mrs. T anyway :shrug.

Cheers,

Struan
I'm nearly always around as well if you need people to make up the numbers.
And I don't mind testing out the T1 physics
I want to get to 1st place in the points table before I start beta testing lol.
Quote from AlienT. :If you guys need any dummies when testing out the new servers just give me a shout anytime, I am online more than I really should be these days (according to Mrs. T anyway :shrug.

Cheers,

Struan

I know the problem. I due spend to much time online also according to the misses. But Im always up to be a test dummie. Will probably cost me my relationship. But is there anything else besides STCC ?. Dont think so
The thing about watching a 24 hour race on my computer, is the computer was there ... with a compiler ... with LFS installed ...

So I got quite a lot done tonight

An eye for detail might reward you with this picture.
a better hint - you will need a REDICULOUS eye to spot what Beckies on about!
You get a use caution button even though you're alone on the track?

Or it manages to detect a unusually slow car?
(does LFS generate a yellow flag message even when alone? that would help I guess)

Or the green and yellow flag?

If I got it right, I demand a spot on beta testing servers
I can see a little yellow box and little green box underneath the steering indicator. Indication of full course yellow flags perhaps?

I dunno just guessing. Tricky piccy tho using a low resolution so cant enlarge it too much!!
A single seater!
Rough Progress Update:
Core System: 75% Complete
Interface & Mods: ~30%
SQL System: Bugged at the moment, needs to be replaced
Reporting System: 0%
Events: 0%
nice work becky, dane your quick
Quote from pacmanrr :
@Becky is there any space in your thoughts/time to remake/rebirth LFS companion for X (begging and worshiping )

+1
I am missing it a lotl
LFS Companion does not touch what is possible now, but it's too much for one person to make a major client side mod in addition to a server side mod. I'll stick to the server side stuff - i'll let somebody else fill in with new client side mods.
Damn this went terrible wrong. OMG
Been busy since CTRA servers are down.

Quote from Jakg :....................

You would like this

Just an idea here regarding reporting incidents.

It might not be practical to implement, but here goes.

A possible way to prevent 'snap' reporting on every incident but still keep a 'tally' in case things get worse and need reporting.

How about if you can click to 'store' incidents during a race without actually submitting them there and then. At the end of the race and/or session, you can then reflect upon / review how things went during and after the incident(s) to see if it really does warrant a report?

For example, a typical scenario might be:

At some point in the race you get clobbered. You're not REALLY sure if they're being nasty or if it was a genuine mistake. So, you hit 'store incident' quickly and carry on with the race.

Later on, either at the end of the race or after a few more races, either:

1. All goes well after the initial clash and it was clearly a whoopsy. After a quick chat and a sorry, there are no hard feelings, so you delete the stored incident as there's no need to report anyone.

BUT it was worth storing it just in case, because:

2. This person is a real pain and continues to ram people intentionally. After a couple of more races there are three more 'stored incidences' that occured, so you decide to report.
We're thinking along the same lines. I plan to make submission of reports a seperate process to filing it, every driver will have their own list of reports from which they can either submit it, or see it's submitted status.

For more urgent admin attention we already have a cross-server admin messaging system, although I havn't yet developed the system that allows admins to reply, as this will be based on the private messaging system and I havn't written that yet.

I'm perhaps not as far forward with the core system as i'd like, I found a few things last night I didn't like the behaviour of, and the SQL bugs are really starting to annoy me. Progress is being made though.

This is a major system. Comparisons to the old system are impossible to make, the new one is a revolution.
*waits pateintly for the revolution* good work becky, keep at it and i know this will be somthing amazing. I cant wait to restart my "career" from the low level its on atm...
Damn teasing...
This is only the tip of the iceburg =)
ok here's something that isn't a teaser, it was mentioned earlier but I can now confirm that midrace join does not work for the first two laps and that drivers who join later received waved blue flags and are told in no uncertain terms to let drivers through, it even says who. They also score no points. Soon they will not have the ability to vote restart either.

Midrace joining is permitted for purposes of practicing for the next race, but drivers should not interfere with the racing and we will enforce this. The new system makes this clear in no uncertain terms.

Also, those boxes at the bottom from the screenshot I can now confirm are sector flag indicators. If there is an accident in a sector they turn yellow, if there are multiple accidents they turn red. It's proving to be a much more effective way of warning about accidents on track - i'm already finding that i'm more aware of accidents up ahead. My only concern is that in a full field they'll stay permanently yellow! lol... They'd better not, else the admins will come to bear! This indicator is built into the servers and is visible to everybody.

There may well be more to come on this type of mod, but you have to go through the teasing process first .
just an idea, how about a sticky thread with updated info on the progress like the sever status one
Software development doesnt really have a progress indicator though, just today for instance I had a really cool idea I ran by the UKCT team on our internal forum, it's going to dramatically change the ambience of our higher races and introduce another element of real world races into public pickup racing, if we can get it to work, various members have been given their research tasks and tonight we do a test... This morning the idea hadn't been had.

I do have a rough plan, and I am making progress, but I couldn't say that the project is X % of the way through. I can say that there's still a few weeks to go.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG