The online racing simulator
DEDI X crashing [fixed - X2]
(25 posts, started )
Anyone got any idea? The server just keeps crashing ...
I don't have any ideas. I haven't heard of any other servers crashing so it seems strange - and strange that onl;y one of your servers crashes while the others do not. The crash address you posted I can't use unfortunately because it's somewhere in the windows system, not in the LFS address space.

Can you get a Dr Watson log of the crash event? It may be possible that there is a call stack in the log, which means :

Which lfs function called which lfs function which called the system function that crashed.

That's a call stack and sometimes it's in the Watson log although some Watson logs seem better than others, I have a feeling I could make more sense out of the old ones. Anyway if you can post the log I'd have a look to see if I can get any info out of it. The file might be called drwtsn32.log or maybe it could be a .wlg file. It seems to vary with different Windows versions.
Some dirty trick:

make a looping batchfile and start lfs with it:

:dummy
c:
cd c:\server
lfs.exe
goto dummy
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
All 3 of our servers, Jamaica, USA, and Events have crashed now. Ill try and get in contact with arfman to see if he can get the error code (if any) but i dont know if/when i will see him.
i think i found a way to recreate it with some help from stotty (credit to him)

POSTS REMOVED
Post Removed
I can confirm. Server crashes and LFS exits.
But pls. delete all threads about this issue as there is no need to give some ppl. stupid ideas.

This needs to get fixed ASAP.
-
(felplacerad) DELETED by felplacerad : oh, ok. he meant in-game.
I will send it on Technical support acctually.

edit - sent.
Crash address:

I think youll find that the TC guys are the ones causing it just followed M1N1M4N to 2 servers he crashed them both. Also Jegor crashed the server I was racing in earlier. I think the TC guys are crashing our servers and they should have a perminate ban from LFS.
M1N1M4N isnt TC

Jegor, i will talk to.
Quote from HogaMan :I think youll find that the TC guys are the ones causing it just followed M1N1M4N to 2 servers he crashed them both. Also Jegor crashed the server I was racing in earlier. I think the TC guys are crashing our servers and they should have a perminate ban from LFS.

OMG You are so pathetic arent you . Anyway this isnt the place to discuss this, and no I didnt crash your server.
Quote from jegorchangai :OMG You are so pathetic arent you . We had a argument because of racing(very childish btw) and then you started cussing at me so I said fine you are banned on TC from now on then. And now you try to make me bad looking by saying I crashed your server? Get your facts straight man.

Sorry, Jegor, this isnt the place. Any arguements need to be made in private, NOT on the bug report section.
Great,
now all these kiddies can cause even more havoc by crashing servers with sending illegal characters?

Quote from Server's Log :A new guest is connecting
Nitrofire [COP]^L connected (M1N1M4N^L)
GoT ^a ZoranBrzi^L voted to RESTART
MiniRam^L voted to RESTART
Nitrofire [COP] ^Lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp"K

Also, we desperately need " /maxping [value in ms] " to prevent laggy people from connecting to servers.
So many people don't give a damn about lag and run their torrent downloads in the background. Especially after patch X with the inrceased amount of players, it has become almost impossible to sort out the laggers by counting the bars of the lagometer and then look at the connection list.
Put numbers next to each player on the connection list and below the according bars on the lagometer. Would make things much easier, but /maxping would be the easiest solution.
Would take just a few lines of code, wouldnt it?
Thank you for your attention.
i agree with failure here... a command such as /maxping would be a great idea in the combat of lag
Agreed good idea
Allright, so now we know a certain command can crash the server. Scawen, would it be possible for you to release a X1 version server, compatible, with only this bug fixed? If the word on how to crash a server gets out, I fear we won't be able to play LFS anymore.

The most recent DrWatson is attached. If you need more info, contact me at arfman (monkey's tail) gmx de
Thanks.
Attached images
lfs.JPG
And the server just keeps on crashing and crashing. Does anyone have the emailaddress of Scawen? Apparently some folks know about the exploit to crash ANY SERVER YOU WANT. It only gets more and more to the point where a server is started and crashed within 5 minutes.
Scawen knows about the bug and a new dedi server will come out within the next days I think. Only read it in the developer forum part so I don´t know more then others :-D
Correct.

He's also taking the opportunity to add some other (insim) stuff.
Its ok arfman, i emailed the devs 3/4 days ago, and Geraldine assured me that it was being sorted. I also remember reading a post somewhere that he knows about the bug, and is taking the oppertunity to add insim stuff (as felpacerad said)
OK. We'll just wait then
Oh I was translated two times, I´m a genius I understood both :-D
The X2 patch seems to have fixed this problem. Thanks!

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG