The online racing simulator
I think theres something very wrong with me
(23 posts, closed, started )
About 24 hours ago I woke up in terrible pain in my lower back, I felt my spine and came across 2 vertabrae that seemed to be out of place. I am only 15 years old and all that would help with the pain is a dose of morphine every 6 hours. The day before, I had about 11 hours of sleep yet I was drained of energy the entire day. My mother is has scheduled an appointment to have my back X-rayed. Would anyone happen to know what is wrong with me?
#2 - Jakg
Why on Earth do you have Morphene on hand O_o
Quote from h3adbang3r : I am only 15 years old and all that would help with the pain is a dose of morphine every 6 hours.

Thats realy scary assuming that you havent seen a doctor yet.

Seriously, please don't ask people at a racing-game forum to give you any advise. No one can tell you what is wrong by reading your post.

Even I couldn't definetely tell you what you had if you stood naked in front of me without having an x-ray picture.
Just see a doctor. A live one. Forums won't help. If the discomfort is really severe, do it urgently. I assume the morphine reference was a bit over the top, and I assume you don't use it. If it's not so, have medical advice now.
#5 - JTbo
Bones growing up = pain, but can be something more serious too, always best to get checked than being sorry afterwards.

Morphine is to use in only in extreme situations, it has bad habit that you get hooked to it, just like any drugs, so one really should not use that. There is painkiller pills that you get without recipe(without visiting doctor), if those are not enough one should visit doctor.

When I was young (around 5, I think) I got some weird problem, everything was just fine when I did lie in bed, but if I tried to get up awful pain was felt in my neck, lost once even consciousness when tried still get up ignoring pain. After two weeks I got bit better, but surely pain was quite bad, it was not clear what caused problem as doctors never found out that (maybe just bad doctors).
I do know how painful back pain can be, although i'm not going to proffer any diagnosis for your own benefit! (A little knowledge can be dangerous). I'd urge you also to see a doctor.

Back pain can be one of the most uncomfortable things to live with when it is perpetual, if your pain is temporary that's great, but what if it is long term? By long term, I mean things like what happened to me where I was in constant pain for 6 years, and sporadic pain for a further 3. Some people have it worse that that but the point i'm getting to is:

If you need morphine for that long, you are going to have one serious addiction.

Ditch the morphine, see a doctor.
I had actually only taken morphine twice since the pain really got bad, I havent taken any since around 2 pm yesterday. I wont be able to see a doctor until Monday, and if i really start hurting again before then, im staying off the morphene and going straight to the E.R.
Slayer - whiplashed necks since '86.
You may have a herniated or slipped disc. Between every bone in your spine there is a rubbery disc that acts as a cushion between the bones; if they slip or are swollen the nerves in your spine go haywire, thus the pain. You need to trace back in your memory the past few days to find when, where and how this happened, it will help tremendously.

The bad news is that this pain will not go away easily. The good news is that you are Fifteen and your body can bounce back faster.

I think you should have a discussion with your parents to see both a doctor AND a chiropractor. Usually doctors will want to cut you up and give you pain medication, thus masking the problem. A chiropractor, if it can be done, will with time, move the spine back to where it needs to be. I myself have a very bad back, and starting to get arthritis in it, but with the help of a chiropractor it keeps the pain in check.
lol i cant believe you are asking for medical advice on an internet forum.

if its urgent go to emergency, otherwise wait and see what the doc says.
Do you do any sports or play with the neighborhood kids much?
@jayhawk, I think you got pretty close, not sure if it would be a hernia, but possibly a slipped disk.

It doens't take much to slip a disk, just sleeping wrong can cause tremendous problems, thats why I bet it is a slipped disk then a hernia, usually something has to be done to cause a hernia.
@ Headbanger... I just saw a doctor last week cause of my back.
I have a sprang(?) ligament between my back bone and a rib bone in my middle back I think I can FINALLY play LFS today.
not knowing you, or how you knocked your back outta whack, I can't really tell you much that already hadn't been posted.
LOL except maybe I'll trade you Vicadin for morphine.

Seriously, see a doctor - THEN a chiropractor. If a chiropractor goes to popping your back into place without knowing the proper cause of the problem,
they can do you more harm than good.
Oh well good luck & I hope it ain't too serious.
Erm... welcome to S2.
Quote from Albieg :Erm... welcome to S2.

LMFAO.

OT: Does your local hospital have a drop-in center? If it does its just like a doctors but you just pop in and wait. Obviously you could be waiting for a while but a few hours is sooner than Monday. If not, go to A&E / ER..
I can't believe that this is serious. I've only ever been given morphine once, and that was just over a week ago when I fractured my spine. I don't know what you're taking, but the IV shot I had needed other meds on top to counteract the nausea it caused. I hope to never experience it again.

If you're in that much pain that you need morphine (let alone regular doses) then you need proper, qualified medical attention, pronto.
Mmmmm. Morphine!

My wife had both kids C-section. She was connected up after the surgery to morphine through the IV with a button she could press any time she felt she needed a quick shot. I remember it was on a timer and would only shoot it every 20 minutes. She would pick up the button remote about every 10 seconds and rapid fire it, LOL. I thought she was trying to play a video game

Yeah, you need to see a doctor rather than chatting about it for advise on a racing game forum.
I talked to my sister about this last night, shes a physical therapist, and she said yes about my comment, just sleeping wrong could have caused this.

Morphine was probably a bad idea, but I guess you didn't really have any choices, I'm sure it was a ton of pain, just.. hope you won't get addicted to it. You don't need to see a "doctor", you need to go see a physical therapist.
Quote from h3adbang3r :About 24 hours ago I woke up in terrible pain in my lower back, I felt my spine and came across 2 vertabrae that seemed to be out of place. I am only 15 years old and all that would help with the pain is a dose of morphine every 6 hours. The day before, I had about 11 hours of sleep yet I was drained of energy the entire day. My mother is has scheduled an appointment to have my back X-rayed. Would anyone happen to know what is wrong with me?

ive got the same kinda pains in my back , except i got my body checked out and it seems that i work too hard

are you working or what cause its rare for it to happen ith no provoking
Quote from jayhawk :You may have a herniated or slipped disc. Between every bone in your spine there is a rubbery disc that acts as a cushion between the bones; if they slip or are swollen the nerves in your spine go haywire, thus the pain. You need to trace back in your memory the past few days to find when, where and how this happened, it will help tremendously.

The bad news is that this pain will not go away easily. The good news is that you are Fifteen and your body can bounce back faster.

I think you should have a discussion with your parents to see both a doctor AND a chiropractor. Usually doctors will want to cut you up and give you pain medication, thus masking the problem. A chiropractor, if it can be done, will with time, move the spine back to where it needs to be. I myself have a very bad back, and starting to get arthritis in it, but with the help of a chiropractor it keeps the pain in check.

I have a disc protrusion L4-L5 for 1year and a half. From combining computer work (seated all day) and bodybuilding.

very good advice from ayhawk. But start with a a CAT scan or MRI, not a X-ray.
Also, if its a bulged disc (a disc doesn't slip, it expands due to the disc walls getting thin/damaged. By expanding it will push the PLL and roots. Thats where the pain comes from. If they get to thin, disc herniates. Liquid escapes the disc) it will not recover like a simple wound. The discs don't heal (the walls dont grow back)
Quote from spyshagg :
very good advice from ayhawk. But start with a a CAT scan or MRI, not a X-ray.
Also, if its a bulged disc (a disc doesn't slip, it expands due to the disc walls getting thin/damaged. By expanding it will push the PLL and roots. Thats where the pain comes from. If they get to thin, disc herniates. Liquid escapes the disc) it will not recover like a simple wound. The discs don't heal (the walls dont grow back)

For god sake stop giving medical advises as long as you don't know what you are talking about!

For example CT exposes the body way more to radiation than an ordinary X-Ray witch would be definetely enough to see a broken synchondrosis.

Quote from XCNuse :
I talked to my sister about this last night, shes a physical therapist, and she said yes about my comment, just sleeping wrong could have caused this.
You don't need to see a "doctor", you need to go see a physical therapist.

Please stop talking BS. You don't know if the reason is a damaged discus intervertebralis or a brocken corpus vertebrae which could result in paraplegia.

I am teaching anatomy to physical therapist at my university because I am doing an surgical PhD.

This topic is far to serious to speculate with superficial knowledge.

Edit: Please close this thread already and h3adbang3r gtfo to a doctor
You don't know anything more than any of us, so there is no reason for you to come in here and say we are wrong.

You're the one speculating, I'm just suggesting that that is what could be the cause. He hasn't said any more so there really is no point to continue this thread thus I agree on that therefore I'm closing it.

Go see someone headbanger.. maybe that's why you got it for headbanging .
This thread is closed

(23 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG