The online racing simulator
#1 - axus
*SPOILERS* Indianapolis F1 Grand Prix *SPOILERS*
Great job from Vettel, wasn't expecting him to be in the top 5 in first practice :up:

BMW are looking stronger this year, I likey
where did the michelin tyres go?are they not allowed in the USGP???
I hope that the BMWs outscore the FIATS

@ Niall - Michelin left at the end of last year, so de facto there is a control tyre this year. Next year, it will be officially a control tyre.
Well? Hamilton on Pole again! What do we think?

I think Alonso could have taken it, if he didn't take so much curb on the 2nd slow hairpin before the final corner in the infield, causing oversteer and losing himself traction...
Quote from DaveWS :Well? Hamilton on Pole again! What do we think?

Hamilton is out classing Alonso this year, and I don't think FA will be happy to have a number 2 on his car next year ...
Impressive performance from Hamilton again, and Vettel too! Hoping for a better Ferrari performance tomorrow.
I still hate these qualis with race fuel. Doesn't really tell who is the fastest.
Good job by McLaren, they seem very fast again. Sucks that I can't see the race live, got to watch it at Monday after work.
Quote from Blackout :I still hate these qualis with race fuel. Doesn't really tell who is the fastest.

I don't like them either. I'd like to see it done with light fuel in the final section.

At the start of last year, as soon as the clock hit zero the turned the timing loops off and didn't let drivers on hot laps complete them - I'd like to go back to that
Alonso is clearly faster and more experienced, the championship has just started.. Don't get the hopes up with Hamilton..

I would like to see Hamilton drive a spyker, just like every other driver (or nearly) in the F1 grid, not start in McLaren, with the best F1 driver in active as your team mate.
Quote from diablo21 :Alonso is clearly faster and more experienced, the championship has just started.. Don't get the hopes up with Hamilton..

I would like to see Hamilton drive a spyker, just like every other driver (or nearly) in the F1 grid, not start in McLaren, with the best F1 driver in active as your team mate.

why shouldnt lewis start in a mclaren. JV started in a williams in 1996, and that was the best car of the field.

methinks its because an englishman is beating one of your countrymen.

go lewis!!!!
#12 - axus
So why, if Alonso is faster and more experience, is he being consistently out-classed by his rookie team-mate?
Quote from mr grady :why shouldnt lewis start in a mclaren. JV started in a williams in 1996, and that was the best car of the field.

methinks its because an englishman is beating one of your countrymen.

go lewis!!!!

Who said he shouldn't? I couldn't care less if an english man is beating a 2 times world champion of 'my' country. Oh, and beaten? Alonso just had bad luck with safety cars in Canada. He has been the fastest in all practices all this week-end. The pole position doesn't mean a sh-- because of different pit strategies..
Quote from diablo21 :Alonso is clearly faster and more experienced, the championship has just started.. Don't get the hopes up with Hamilton..

What makes you think that Alonso is clearly faster?

And Alonso the best active F1 driver? I dont think so. I doubt he would even make my Top 5.

EDIT: Alonso didnt have bad luck with safety cars in Canada. Have you seen a different race? I saw him getting on the grass 4 times in the same corner and getting passed by Sato in the Super Aguri! That doesnt have to do anything with a safety car.
Quote from zeugnimod :What makes you think that Alonso is clearly faster?

And Alonso the best active F1 driver? I dont think so. I doubt he would even make my Top 5.

EDIT: Alonso didnt have bad luck with safety cars in Canada. Have you seen a different race? I saw him getting on the grass 4 times in the same corner and getting passed by Sato in the Super Aguri! That doesnt have to do anything with a safety car.

Yeah, he went on the grass, but without the stop & go penalty he would have been in the top 4. For sure. And tell me, who's the 'best' for you?
lol, this is stupid I dont think that the safety car has nothing to do with him going on the grass 4 times It's just his stupidity, he is becoming more like Petr Solberg....
Well... Alonso was going to pit the lap Hamilton did but the team decided to make Hamilton pit and make Alonso pit 1 lap after. Then the safety car went out, Alonso didn't have more fuel so he had to pit. If you don't know, noone can pit if the safety car is out until the pit lane re-opens.

IDC about the grass thing. Did you see him crash in Monaco? No... Although I saw a Mclaren crash in monaco.

Meh, CBA to talk about this anymore..
Quote from diablo21 :Yeah, he went on the grass, but without the stop & go penalty he would have been in the top 4. For sure. And tell me, who's the 'best' for you?

It's really hard to say... I mean there's loads of drivers out there who have won 7 world championships. I'm sure Alonso will probably win 7-8, right?

That's only my opinion though, I know you didn't ask but I felt it necessary to respond anyway.

Best driver in F1 history IMO is Fangio, especially given the fact that he had real opposition and wasn't reliant on a great car or team orders.

Alonso is being outclassed by Hamilton, and I don't think FA will be at McLaren in 08 if he has a number 2 on his car.
Huh, learn to read. I said the best F1 driver in active. Not in the F1 history. BTW, Alonso won in a renault..

Bye.
reel him in......................

i think we need a bigger boat.
Renault was built around michelin, and alonso's driving suited the understeery car.

Alonso is feeling the pressure by his younger team mate, he showed this in montreal with a rediculous first corner attempt, and by running off the road repeatedly. He needs to concentrate on his driving and stop worrying about the new kid on the block Hamilton will be loving the attention and the rivalry between him and alonso, and it will only spur him on further. First year in F1 and he is already leading his 2 time world champion team mate, i just hope he doesn't get affected by the hype and starts to become big headed about it.

There's no doubts alonso is a good driver, but i don't think he will have a 3rd crown in succession
#23 - J.B.
IMO the people who think that LH and FA aren't that special are failing to fully relish a season that will go in history as as an absolute F1 classic.

I mean you only need to watch some on board shots of the two to see that they are driving really, really hard and well. In fact I'll upload another splitscreen vid I made yesterday from q2. You can see that FA's lap was incredibly precise and on the edge (watch his car twitch into the corner before the back straight) but even then there are at least two corners where LH was faster.

http://rapidshare.com/files/37 ... lton_splitscreen.avi.html

And I bet FA was heavy in q3.
Quote from J.B. :IMO the people who think that LH and FA aren't that special are failing to fully relish a season that will go in history as as an absolute F1 classic.

I mean you only need to watch some on board shots of the two to see that they are driving really, really hard and well. In fact I'll upload another splitscreen vid I made yesterday from q2. You can see that FA's lap was incredibly precise and on the edge (watch his car twitch into the corner before the back straight) but even then there are at least two corners where LH was faster.

http://rapidshare.com/files/37 ... lton_splitscreen.avi.html

And I bet FA was heavy in q3.

I was hoping you would upload some more footage, thanks.
#25 - J.B.
Quote from DaveWS :I was hoping you would upload some more footage, thanks.

Thx, nice to get some feedback. I was wondering before uploading if people would prefer the splitscreen of just FA's lap on it's own. Whad 'ya think?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG