The online racing simulator
Changes at ConeDodgers
(179 posts, started )
Quote :We live in hope of 32 clean drivers on a server at the same time, wouldn't that be something

Ever considered a carear in stand up?
lol
Quote from XenoWolf :I've had some of the best racing of my LFS 'career' this week on CD3. Sure there were terrible drivers mixed in, but that just added to the fun. For example, having one plow through the AS1 chicane tires and then having to squeek my way through the littered track at 100mph with an airborne UFR. Some people really stress out for no reason on your servers. Someone would get spun out by accident and they would IMMEDIATELY go to the kick/ban vote and spam the guy with insults, it was rediculous.

I'd just like to echo this, I have some extreme fun on CD3, previously I dont think id even joined your servers. Yes lots of terrible drivers (sorry for taking you out Xenowolf but also lots of very good ones!! I can also see why you are having to look at introducing a system of this kind - its just human nature unfortunately.
Well thanks to the_angry_angel the system new license system is running well, and seem to be working.

Its taken 2 days for drivers to understand that if they have a Licence they should go straight to CD2 and at the time of posting.

CD1 is 3/4 full and still manic
CD2 is full of Licensed drivers and a Newbie free zone
CD3 is full of manic UFR and XFR action but we have reduced it to 28 cars
CD4 is empty but will be converted to a License server for CD3 drivers over the next few days.

My problem is who do i give a license to. On CD3 there are some fast mini GTR drivers but they have little or no race craft, then there are drivers like me that have some race craft but are gang banged at every corner but still cant drive the stinking little things for toffee.

CD3 is great fun but how the hell do you guys get them round so fast.

Good job Admins dont need a License......

My idea is to have 5 license's

1) Provisional - Allows you to race while others check you out.
2) Mini GTR - UFR and XFR on CD3 and CD4
3) Big GTR - FZR, XRR or FXR on CD1 and CD2
4) Full - No restrictions
5) Admin - No restriction (even if they are crap)

What do you think?
Quote from birder :CD3 is great fun but how the hell do you guys get them round so fast.

Left-foot braking.

Glad to hear you'll be adding a licence server for CD3. I caught myself being a little overzealous a few times today, but after getting used to top-five pace and then being stuck in the back with rookies, laggers and general crap drivers swerving/wrecking all over the place, its a bit hard to get around someone without some contact.
#31 - FL!P
The new licensing system seems to work very well.

I was on CD2 this evening, and the level of racing was very good. It's great to be able to run half a lap side by side with another guy, knowing that he's not going to push you off in the next turn!
I've beaten the target PB, but still not among licensed. Waiting for the next license update.

This chaos is just annoying. Not in a single race I could avoid crashes on L1. Few times I drove into a wall myself, but usually there was always someone to push, hit, lag-explode me, brake into me in the hairpin, and then the best I can do is to drive to the 10th place and have hopes again for the next race. But this happens every time!
#33 - Tomi
Quote from birder :
My problem is who do i give a license to. On CD3 there are some fast mini GTR drivers but they have little or no race craft, then there are drivers like me that have some race craft but are gang banged at every corner but still cant drive the stinking little things for toffee.

CD3 is great fun but how the hell do you guys get them round so fast.

I had a great fun last night at CD3. The races were quite clean (probably because admins were online).

I managed to win 3 races in a row although I am quite slow (I did a pb of 51.79 with the UFR), but driving consistently did the trick, so it's not always about being the fastest in a lap.

There is a strange thing when I test if I have a license on your website. I write "Tomi" at the prompt but it show me the license of tomisu. Does it means that I could enter CD2 because tomisu has a license or is the server more strict than the little app on your website ?
Quote from Tomi :I had a great fun last night at CD3. The races were quite clean (probably because admins were online).

I managed to win 3 races in a row although I am quite slow (I did a pb of 51.79 with the UFR), but driving consistently did the trick, so it's not always about being the fastest in a lap.

There is a strange thing when I test if I have a license on your website. I write "Tomi" at the prompt but it show me the license of tomisu. Does it means that I could enter CD2 because tomisu has a license or is the server more strict than the little app on your website ?

The database on the website is run so it searches out what you enter and take no notice of case. Tomi is in Tomisu so tomisu has a licence but your name did not show you do not have a license. (Not done the CD3 list yet)

I did it like that so you did not have to be "that" exact with what you enter.

Lotes was admin last night and he is quiet forgiving, what i will say is dont hit [CD] Birder as he is a lot more strict.

By the way 51.79 is fast to me, i am in the 53's and cannot get a clear track to get faster.
Morning birder,

If I race on CD3 over the next few days am I likely to get a licence or will I need to apply for one?

Thanks
Morning all Had some great fun racing on CD3 yesterday , sure there were some wreckers but overall it was alot better than the days before that (prolly cause CD ppl were online)
CD servers rock. They are a great bunch of guys and I am glad the new systems are working well.

Roll on the next league season, time to put CD-Dimo under some pressure
#38 - Tomi
Quote from birder :
By the way 51.79 is fast to me, i am in the 53's and cannot get a clear track to get faster.

I was also in the 53's 2 days ago, unable to do a single clean lap with all the wreckers out there. But last time, my times improved as soon as I had a clear track. I think you have the same room for improvement. I'm not really a fast driver.
Good Idea CD-guys...

The races in the "public" servers are funny, u started from the last grid
and finished in first or second grid
But anyway...the "noobs" think, to win the race, u must overtake and brake later then all in T1

Also, they don't know what the blue flag is

So, i'm happy to have the "license" and to race some good events with u..

Btw. when i have the license 4 CD-2 can i drive in CD-4 also ?
..double post..hmm
Quote from Delgado :Good Idea CD-guys...

The races in the "public" servers are funny, u started from the last grid
and finished in first or second grid
But anyway...the "noobs" think, to win the race, u must overtake and brake later then all in T1

Also, they don't know what the blue flag is

So, i'm happy to have the "license" and to race some good events with u..

Btw. when i have the license 4 CD-2 can i drive in CD-4 also ?

I have just finished sorting out the License files for CD4 but at the moment i cannot update the file on the website, this will be done later

CD1 Public AS3 10 laps plus pit FZR/XRR/FXR
CD2 Licensed AS3 10 laps plus pit FZR/XRR/FXR
CD3 Public AS1 7 laps no pit UFR/XFR and MTR for Lotes
CD4 Licensed AS1 7 laps no pit UFR/XFR
Quote from Thill :Morning all Had some great fun racing on CD3 yesterday , sure there were some wreckers but overall it was alot better than the days before that (prolly cause CD ppl were online)

True, great fun Thill
Actually I am quite happy to see that actions are taken to keep a clean server where driving might be more fun.
As much as I believe in personal freedom and letting people just do what they do best, there was such a torrent of unrespectful drivers, that I went into banning mode on my servers myself now.
So I hope you do have success, and keep CD3 free for all, so it acts like a huge idi*t magnet and drains them from the rest;p
A very good idea had the best race last nite on CD2
Saw the post, had a look and did a 1:44.15 this morning (single player, FZR). Had a go on the server and best was a 46 something I think. Nice clean racing, so thanks.

BTW what tyres would you guys use on an FZR for a ten lap race, R2s?
Quote from Hammerdown :Saw the post, had a look and did a 1:44.15 this morning (single player, FZR). Had a go on the server and best was a 46 something I think. Nice clean racing, so thanks.

BTW what tyres would you guys use on an FZR for a ten lap race, R2s?

Yes, R2 are the most suitable type of tyre.
Good racing On CD2 Last night Lads Really enjoyed it when you can trust the drivers around you (R4R Flip) Good Dice Now to see if I can catch you in my FOX
you should really make the limit a 1:43.00 lap (or lower) under old patch... imo.
Quote from Gil07 :All of the 15 spec slots? I'd think around 7-8 would be more than enough.

I think you can only have 8 admins connected at one time anyway
#50 - FL!P
It's a setting, GF. See Scawen's reply.

@CELTIC100: really enjoyed it too, mate! But I certainly hope your FOX doesn't match my FO8!

Changes at ConeDodgers
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG