The online racing simulator
Dear hotlappers
(41 posts, started )
Dear hotlappers
I´m licenced.

I´m actually afraid og the day I´ll focus on hotlapping.

The chase for race positions and race victories will be over and be replaced by the chase for some 0.0x secs.

No more chatting/talking to others but offline all alone...

I can see that some of you spend quite some time doing offline hotlapping.

Is this better then online racing in your oppinion ?

Do you really prefere to be all alone on a racetrack chasing the clock?

I´d like to understand your motivation to hotlap for loads of hours and I´d rather see you on some server racing together with other LFS players as well.

What would your oppinion be about cancelling all offline hotlapping and include it while online racing if some day the game would have come to the stage of developement where all cutting is probited/monitored? LFSworld stats HL/WR would be adjusted as well at this time of course..

I´m just curious.
I like to make hot laps sometimes [I don't have to many HL], but if I take like 2 days hotlapping I get bored and start racing again... But yeah I like Hot Laps because we need some time all alone Huh?.
#3 - FL!P
Some people have bad net connections, or may be without a connection for some time. In this case, it's either hotlapping or racing the AI. And racing the AI can quickly become a bit frustrating (huge understatement intended ).
The majority of people that are licensed on LFS don't even use the hotlap feature, the people that do would probably be extremely upset to see it taken away. I've never spent more then 45minutes on a WR attempt but I know some people spend ages trying to beat times. Most people semi-hotlap online and then try and make it offical offline, so what we have now is fine by me.
hotlapping for hours?
no wai.
Exactly, I usually drive a combo online and compare my time with the WR. If it's close and I feel that I could beat (haha) or come close to that time I try a hotlap.
There are two people you should ask about this topic, and I guarantee you will get two opposite reactions: Biggie and FM-Failure.
#8 - Alles
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :There are two people you should ask about this topic, and I guarantee you will get two opposite reactions: Biggie and FM-Failure.

and Flotch
#9 - GabbO
I had only one motivation for it, the Main Hotlap Rank.
I finished all 18 tracks, and then that was it. Now that i look on the
Rank again, i can see i'm actually not even in the top 20 anymore
Well, who cares...
Sometimes when we have a league race i do 1-2 laps after the race
in hl mode to see if i can make a good time, but i really only concentrate
on racing, not hotlapping...
I like to do some hotlapping sometimes, just for practising
Hotlapping FTW! I just like to be in the charts. Hotlapping also gives me an opportunity to be competitive from the moment i join a race online. Since I hate people online who obviously have no clue what they're supposed to be doing. Sometimes i just want to shout at people to practice offline, or hotlap, since just offline practice gives you no clue about what times are possible, so i recommend hotalpping and of course uploading the hotlap replays.
Whoa!! You guys have just dealt a major blow to my self-esteem. I love hot-lapping. Almost exclusively. Just me, the track, and the car. Now I find out I'm some sort of pathetic social outcast. Right, off to the corner to suck my thumb, now.
I just started getting into hot lapping, fun stuff. Always a fan of seeing my name with green lights! It's fun to race against everyone, instead of just those who have a decent net connection, have a computer that can handle big starts (which many can't), and happen to be racing on the same server I am.

But at the same time, just you, the car, the track. Don't have to worry about running into someone, just go for broke. Also no distractions, wreckers, chatters, restarters, etc.

Also, taking out hotlapping would'nt really increase the number of racers online.

You'd actually need a good reason to get rid of a very popular mode.
I accidentally hit the hotlap button once when I wanted to watch a replay....
Hotlap/practice offline is good to develop setups. No one bothering and i can restart many times i want
Don't agree removing hotlap feature. Its nice as it is, its like a mini-game inside LFS (ranks, wrs..)
#16 - JJ72
Try getting laid, you will understand that hotlapping sucks.
Quote from tiagolapa :Hotlap/practice offline is good to develop setups. No one bothering and i can restart many times i want
Don't agree removing hotlap feature. Its nice as it is, its like a mini-game inside LFS (ranks, wrs..)

I agree hotlapping is a great way to practice and great to get away from all the noise and the chatterboxes on the multiplayer servers. And there are so many ranks to participate in it never gets old.
Me I am so not fast enugh to go for gold in Hotlapps

I do use it as a warm up to going off line and getting my mind upto raceing speed.

I also use it to practice tracks I am not to familiar with and tweeking setups that I have no idea what I am doing.

I do profere raceing and if Im not upto speed with everyone else on the track will spectate on the leaders to find the lines and brakeing etc, and then next race after it has started join in when the actual racers are past me so I do not interfere with them at all. The bonus in this is sometimes a massive accedent happens and I end up on the podium.. Bonus, I has actually one once...

For learning.. you really need to spectate other peoples lines once you know the track. its the only way to get your times down. (and practice of course)

:hippy::dnfnoob::hippy:
Quote from kurent :Exactly, I usually drive a combo online and compare my time with the WR. If it's close and I feel that I could beat (haha) or come close to that time I try a hotlap.

Same here
#20 - Gunn
Quote from [TDRT] Spøgelset : LFSworld stats HL/WR would be adjusted as well at this time of course..

Real life lap records are taken from qualifying, not from the race. A WR beating time in a race is not considered a valid WR. LFS is currently like this too.
Sometimes I'll start the game, join a server and for whatever reason I end up driving like I'm drunk. If that looks the case, I'll offline and hotlap for a bit. I usually come back on after 20 minutes or so when I feel a bit more confident however.
I believe biggie's the only one who can stand hours and hourse of hotlapping. I myself would rather beat other people than the clock.
Quote from Alkanphel :I believe biggie's the only one who can stand hours and hourse of hotlapping. I myself would rather beat other people than the clock.

Well, I suppose this image of mine is hard to get rid of Indeed I used to do a lot of hotlapping some years back. It's not like that now. I haven't put nearly as much effort into the current S2 WRs as I used to with the S1 WRs. Recently I've kind of turned my back on LFS a bit due to other interests.

Just to explain my point of view on hotlapping/racing: I've always liked hotlapping ever since I played my first racing games. It's always been interesting to me how far you can push a car on a certain track and just how quick you could go.
I respect everyone to whom racing is everything and hotlapping is nothing, my personal preference is just the other way round.
Hi,
I like to use the hotlap feature currently because I do not want to join an online game (i'm new).

Why?
Because I dont want to crash into other cars and ruin a race for everyone else. Until I can drive properly I will keep doing this.

I went online today but i only went in empty servers. A guy came along and it was fun because we were both beginners, but I dont know the rules well enough to join a full game yet.

Cheers.
i don't hotlap. never have and never will. i just don't see the point. i have even not entered leagues that require hotlaps to enter. i just don't get it. fair enough single player means that there is no drafting but i just don't get it.

Dear hotlappers
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG