The online racing simulator
reduced (tyre) lod degradation
I would really like a little less LOD degradation, especially on the tyres. (I believe I one saw someone mentioning this but I couldnt find a related thread during a quick search...)
LOD of other objects like cars is good imho, only the tyres look like squares way too much.

I think this should be very easy to do and people with slower pcs can still turn it down so there shouldn't be any reason to have square wheels in a game nowadays
#2 - axus
There is LOD adjustmen. Make sure that your LOD's are at max. They don't look square at all to me.
everything is at max and you only notice it from TV cam... i'll try to take a screenie

here's what I mean... and LOD is at max. this is really the only graphics issue i'd like to be improved soon, everything else can wait til S3
Attached images
screenie1.jpg
screenie2.jpg
screenie3.jpg
Try to set in Options\Misc "Dynamic LOD reduction" to 0 and also Options\Graphics "Screen width affects LOD" to "no".

[edit] I was first
Try playing with the "Screen width affects LOD" setting... It's greatly improved the LOD for me.
Can't remember wether it's on or off now though
Buy a better computer - it's making the wheels go hexagonal (or is it octagonal?) because you're frame rate is suffuring...
'screen width affects LOD' is off, dynamic lod reduction is 0, user lod is 1.0
Quote from tristancliffe :Buy a better computer - it's making the wheels go hexagonal (or is it octagonal?) because you're frame rate is suffuring...

i never have less than 40 fps and even if I would, the game shouldnt decrease LOD if I have all those options turned off/at the max

greets
i have same problem.. i think i might need to change dynamic lod to 0, but ... at 80 fps.. it surprises me its doing it
Quoting Scawen:
Screen Res > 1024 x 768 -> turn Screen Side affects LOD off
Screen Res < 1024 x 768 -> turn Screen Side affects LOD on
#12 - axus
Quote from the_angry_angel :Quoting Scawen:

And Screen Res = 1024 x 768?
Quote from the_angry_angel :Quoting Scawen:

so if I run in 1600x1200 (which I always do) and turn screen width affects LOD OFF it should be good, which it isn't.
This actually looks more like a bug than anything, I have the exact same LOD settings as you, and I never EVER see square wheels, it's odd that you see them that close up, I think my old machine did that, but that was a 1 GHz P3 with a 32mb video card. Strange indeed
-
(schofei) DELETED by schofei

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG