The online racing simulator
Name the manouvre!
(181 posts, started )
#26 - Dru
Quote from mr_x :To do a Button - be very hyped up and over-rated and deemed to be the next best British Driver, and turn that into 1 win in 6 (?) years and blame it on the car.

Button already Taken, pick a new one Chris
To do a Fangio - to win everything and spend the week with some jolly nice Argentinians
#28 - mr_x
Quote from Dru :Button already Taken, pick a new one Chris

I stopped reading yours after the 2nd post
To do a Yoong: be able to enter a server only three times, unable to find the connect button for any subsequent attempts.
To do a Senna ; Born to win, die winning.
To do an Ide: To enter several major championships and be asked to leave all of them.

To do a McCarthy: To trade on the title 'Formula 1 Driver' for 2 years after failing to qualify for both the grand prix's entered, and to think a printed T-Shirt is worth £75

To do an Amati: To put the reputation of women in motor sport beyond recovery.

To do a Fagioli: To set the 'oldest' record in motor racing [in 1951], by being the oldest person to win a GP [52yrs], and to have the record stand until it becomes really old [56yrs].

To do an Alonso: To be the youngest driver to win a grand prix, the youngest driver to win two world championships, and to be beaten by your younger team mate straight afterwards.
Quote from Dru :To do a Murry Walker - to be leading comfortably and a team mate in ventrillo says you've got this for sure, and promptly spin off or hit something.

To do a Mansell - Turn up - demand the best setup - do a couple of laps of a server uncompetatively then leave citing reason that your car is somewhat differnet to the other cars being used by the other drivers...

lol... classic.

A Jaques Villeneuve -
a) Win F1 world championship in your second year, then never show any sucess in anything ever again.
b) Win a race from a record 2 laps down (Indy 500).
c) Go from promising racer to balding hippy singer in 10 years.
(Good luck @ le mans BTW).
An Alex Zanardi - To NEVER give up!
To do a Sato- to overtake the former world champion. Or to crash regularly.
#36 - Dru
Do a Fittipaldi, hit your teamate and flip 360 degrees
#37 - Dru
Do a Patrese and not realise that the car in front is pitting
#38 - Dru
To do a Piquet, getting hot and bothered after clashing with a back marker
To pull a phlos:

Enter a race even though you know you'll retire mid race and only carry fuel to last less than half the distance.
Be sure to take out the runner ups before you leave.

[...]
  • To do a Dru - Make multiple posts in a row even after being told about it before, and promising to use the edit button in future!
  • To do a James Allen - dream about having sex with the latest british driver who happens to be doing ok, and to have a face you just want to punch.
  • To do an Autosport - paint your forehead green anytime a british driver wins.
To do a Ross Braun and become famous for putting long cylindrical objects in your mouth during a race.

To do an Alboretto and have the championship sewn up at half distance, then 'upset' the team owner so badly you never finish a race again.

To do a Jack Green and dominate the race until the last corner.

To do a Sam Hopkinson and fail to put enough fuel in the car, and also, to advise your team mate how much fuel to put in the car, so that you both retire.
#42 - Dru
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
  • To do a Dru - Make multiple posts in a row even after being told about it before, and promising to use the edit button in future!
  • To do a James Allen - dream about having sex with the latest british driver who happens to be doing ok, and to have a face you just want to punch.
  • To do an Autosport - paint your forehead green anytime a british driver wins.

i know i know but if i chuck them back onto earlier posts, scan readers won't see them..
#43 - Dru
Quote from Becky Rose :

To do a Sam Hopkinson and fail to put enough fuel in the car, and also, to advise your team mate how much fuel to put in the car, so that you both retire.

Now that is damn funny and sooo true.... we must have a SamH in ZWR as well, becuase MIke i I both retired mid race the other night within 100 yards of each other because of FUEL issues LOL
To do a Neal - Wreck people getting blue flagged.
To do a Onslow-Cole - To either come on the podium or make a noobish error.
To do a Rick Kerry - Enter a bad car in three rounds and then realise that it's underperforming and do testing rather than racing one weekend.
#45 - mr_x
To do an LFS community - use words/phrases that are used in LFS for real-life instances eg. 'wrecker' and 'noob' instead of words more apropriate in real life eg. 'amateur' or 'beginner' or 'mistake'
#46 - Dru
Quote from mr_x :To do an LFS community - use words/phrases that are used in LFS for real-life instances eg. 'wrecker' and 'noob' instead of words more apropriate in real life eg. 'amateur' or 'beginner' or 'mistake'

thats not a 'racers' name

I'm surprised you have not defended the Plato one Chris Mate
#47 - mr_x
Quote from Dru :thats not a 'racers' name

I'm surprised you have not defended the Plato one Chris Mate

oh, I just ignore it all now so no comment

EDIT: technicly is it a 'racers' name... it's the whole LFS community, every single person (just about). well the people who say those things anyway
Do a Colin Macrae

(a) Either win the rally, or crash out trying.

(b) To attempt the European version of NASCAR (sorry cant mind the name) and hit the wall on purpose, just to see how far you can push the car.

(c) To have a younger brother who is not as talented has the older sibling.

Think that may have already been taken though
#49 - JJ72
To do a Button: to UNDO a bra.
Quote from Dru :To do a Hakkenien, Throw it away whilst leading comfortably... then go to where you think no one can see you and have a good cry

Noooo....to do a Hakkinen is to overtake the leader by going the opposite side of a backmarker.

Name the manouvre!
(181 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG