The online racing simulator
Going on your roof
(13 posts, started )
Going on your roof
Its so easy to roll on your roof in lfs by clipping a kurb and so on, example been racing at conedodgers recently in UFR XFR and FXR and all of them go on their roof way to easily.
You think so? My friend rolled his Jetta going around a turn once, and he wasn't even going over the speed limit.

Jettas are small and low cars too.

The XFR does bite quite a bit, but the UFR I've never had problems with, and I don't have many problems with the FXR anymore, but the XFR I guess acts that way because it is so tall.
Perhaps. Watch some old BTCC races (before 2002...sigh), and you will see they get up on two wheels, too. I myself think it is pretty realistic.

Who is with me?
#4 - Slopi
I'm with you Jay. If I hit a curb, I'm already prepared to go on 2 wheels, and I'm already preparing to get myself back on 4. Gotta remember, most of these curbs are hit at how much speed? That's a lot of spring compression
#5 - Woz
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Its so easy to roll on your roof in lfs by clipping a kurb and so on, example been racing at conedodgers recently in UFR XFR and FXR and all of them go on their roof way to easily.

Your setup is wrong for the track. I find the UFR very stable and have not rolled one in ages now
They're definitely very easy to roll, but I just count it as part of the territory when I'm driving them as I'm not familiar enough with the physics to debate whether it's realistic or not.

Does kind of bother me that you can flip it on the right-hander going into the Eau Rouge complex at AS Historic Rev, though. The curb is barely elevated, but the longitudinal forces are strong enough that the slightest bit of a bump will set the car rolling. (I'm probably just sore because that corner ended my LOTA mGTR season prematurely. )
#7 - JJ72
It's something with the side wall having as much grip as the rolling surface.
Quote from JJ72 :It's something with the side wall having as much grip as the rolling surface.

i think this is probably true.

also, if you get up on two wheels, you can often prevent flipping all the way over by turning in the direction you are flipping. ie, if the right hand side is off the ground, turn left to counter the forces.
Quote : if the right hand side is off the ground, turn left to counter the forces.

Hey, that's a great tip!
Quote from evilgeek :i think this is probably true.

also, if you get up on two wheels, you can often prevent flipping all the way over by turning in the direction you are flipping. ie, if the right hand side is off the ground, turn left to counter the forces.

This is true, but sometimes doing that is just as dangerous. It's a very fine line.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :This is true, but sometimes doing that is just as dangerous. It's a very fine line.

That's pretty true, you can end up turning a little too far and even though you might end up back on four wheels, you might find yourself heading toward the fence at a rate of knots.

Generally speaking, if you think you are going to flip, lift off the throttle, and release some of your steering lock. If your driving with a locked diff, it is possible to keep the boot in and drive it on two wheels if you hit the right balance point and can manage to keep it there.
Yeah
Generally, you should just kind of straighten out and lift off the throttle. If you really have to steer the other way to save it, you're probably up so high that ur gonna lose control if you do that - even if you do get it back on all 4.
True, but I think it's better to lose control temporarily and sustain damage than to lose control completely, roll around the track and then stop on your roof, ending your race. Both endangers other drivers, but the former at least allows for a bit of control, while the latter is completely random.

Going on your roof
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG