The online racing simulator
#1 - Dru
2 x DFP's on the same machine
Quick question,
Has anyone ever set up 2 DFP's on the same computer before to be able to make a setup where by you can use the second pedal set to make a clutch and also that the shifter of the spare DFP can be placed on the left hand side of the wheel that will be used to make it like a UK RHD car?

The reason is i've not tried this yet

i assume that as they will have 2 different USB connections that i can run two different profiles or do i just use the profiler for the main wheel and pedals and the other shifter and clutch pedal i just manage from in game?

Regards,

Dru.
I don't know how the profiler will react to two same controllers, but you don't really need it anyway. In game the axis and buttons should be identified anyway so it's just the matter of assigning them to functions you want.
#3 - Dru
Quote from geeman1 :I don't know how the profiler will react to two same controllers, but you don't really need it anyway. In game the axis and buttons should be identified anyway so it's just the matter of assigning them to functions you want.

excellent, i want to see how a quick test with the 3 pedals and forcing me to right foot brake will help my car control, particulary on the RWD cars.

Dru.
#4 - Dru
managed to set this up last night to see how it works.

It works, works well, a bit weird (very weird) but much more engrossing, just need to make a platform to mount the pedals on as a short term measure before my team mate builds me a 3 pedal set
#5 - ajp71
Multiple wheels/controllers is fine in LFS, but if you want to assign buttons in profiler it assigns them to all your controllers, the best thing is only use one controller for buttons and then you're ok.
#6 - Dru
yes, i had to re-do all my binds etc but once that is done it's not a problem i think.

now all i have to do is get used to what to do when it all goes wrong.. as at the mo the automatic reflex is forget to clutch or grab the paddle gears when trying to recover from a spin.

Also my car control in things like the LX4/LX6/XRT/XRR was 100 times better using this 3 pedal setup

i even started to do heel and toe
Personnally i have problems when i use two logitech wheels (my shifter have formula yellow's electronics) >> I have some conflicts with rear buttons and R2/L2 and corresponding buttons for the shifter (the forumula yellow)
#8 - Dru
maybe i'm just old lucky, as it recognises both and independant of each other
It's only if I assign a key to a buton in Logitech profiler infact
#10 - Dru
Quote from anarchypredator :It's only if I assign a key to a buton in Logitech profiler infact

yes - i had that too until i managed to reassign which controller 1 in LFS was compared to the controller 1 in the logitech/XP setup screens

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG