Alonso rules! (Sarcasm? You bet!)
(19 posts, started )
#1 - axus
*NOTE: Canadian GP spoilers!*

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news ... mclaren_favours_hamilton/
I've never heard anything dumber. Especially after this bit:
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news ... decided_alonso_would_win/

He sure was ecstatic and thankful of the team when he won Monaco, what made him change his mind so quickly?

He also blamed the safety car for all his problems during the Canada GP however that doesn't change the fact that he got taken on track by the Super Aguri of Takuma Sato, around the outside at that...
He does seem a bit prone to sulking, like the time in Monza quali when he declared F1 wasn't a sport because the FIA punished him for not actually holding up Massa on his flying lap.

After Monaco wasn't Hamilton saying something about oh, I've got a number 2 on my car, I'm a number 2 driver, I have to deal with it? Seems they're both convinced the other one is getting preferential treatment!
I think the media are making too much out of what Alonso said. To me it sounded like he is saying that he has yet to fully settle down in his new team, and that Hamilton obviously gets a lot of help because he is a rookie.
Don't feed the AAA (Axus Anti Alonso) troll!
Alonso loves to trash-talk his team. Didn't he also state that Renault didn't want him to win last season, because he was leaving?
Well to say Alonso has always got on my tits. He does sulk when things dont go his way. I think though he seriously feels threatened by Hamilton as he has been matching even beating him on pace and he is a rookie....

also media like to run these kind of stories to sell papers and get more click on their websites..

mad
Sounds like he's a spoiled brat to me! =) Anyone that had worked for their ride wouldn't say things like that unless they were VERY fed up. Sounds like to me he's throwing a paddy.
Alonso is making schoolboy errors, so far it's been win or bin. Nick Heidfeld would be better in that McLaren seat than FA, I wouldn't care if he did a Monty and went of to NASCAR in a flap.
Quote from axus :
He also blamed the safety car for all his problems during the Canada GP however that doesn't change the fact that he got taken on track by the Super Aguri of Takuma Sato, around the outside at that...

There is no question his race was even more hampered because of the safety car, he received a 10 sec penalty for having no option but to pit for fuel... I wandered how this rule would work out at the start of the season and it just seems a shambles to me. Why punish a car that needs fuel? Surely to keep spectators happy you want the most amount of cars on track as possible rather than them running dry... Sure he messed up big time off the start, but tbh for some reason he never shines at Canada or Indy.

He was overtaken by Sato because Super Aguri made a smarter decision on the tyres than McLaren. McLaren should have given Alonso the super soft tyres which were not the optimum tyre this weekend during the safety car period but instead gave him them for his last stint. He did the smart thing and got out of it as Sato is characteristically notorious for running into other cars and in such a close championship that is not what he needs. No point doing a Schumacher and losing the championship because he couldn't resist knocking wheels with another car

Thing is, as always the media are making a drama out of very little. Why don't the quotes in this article back up the statements they are making? The actual quotes the person who has written this article (F1 Racing seem to re word articles from other sites...) has gathered for the article are pathetic. If he has openly said on the radio he feels he is being treated unfairly then why not quote the very sentence he says that... Oh wait! Then he could sue as it would be a lie All I see is an article full of quotes which are most likely pulled out of context...

Anyway wasn't Hamilton claiming the same thing a couple weeks back?
I dont much care about the 'you guys said you'd polish my man boobs and now i'm loosing' quotes, but I do think Alonso this season is a shadow of his brilliance over the last few years. I hope he pulls himself together.

Anyway, go Lewis.
#11 - Gunn
Quote from keiran :There is no question his race was even more hampered because of the safety car, he received a 10 sec penalty for having no option but to pit for fuel... I wandered how this rule would work out at the start of the season and it just seems a shambles to me. Why punish a car that needs fuel? Surely to keep spectators happy you want the most amount of cars on track as possible rather than them running dry... Sure he messed up big time off the start, but tbh for some reason he never shines at Canada or Indy.

He was overtaken by Sato because Super Aguri made a smarter decision on the tyres than McLaren. McLaren should have given Alonso the super soft tyres which were not the optimum tyre this weekend during the safety car period but instead gave him them for his last stint. He did the smart thing and got out of it as Sato is characteristically notorious for running into other cars and in such a close championship that is not what he needs. No point doing a Schumacher and losing the championship because he couldn't resist knocking wheels with another car

I agree.

Plus, Hamilton is very lucky to be racing with McLaren while they have the best car in the grid. I think Speed or Kovalainen would have been on the podium if they had the same chance.
Kovalainen hasn't exactly sparkled within the Renault team though. I keep hearing that he's a good driver, and I keep seeing a distinctly below average one.

EDIT: Oh you said Speed aswell! LOL - ignore my post then, there's no point discussing F1 with somebody who thinks Scott Speed is a racing driver...

EDIT2: Scott Speed coming up through the grass roots of motor sport.

I remember speed from GP2 days he was really fast.
Quote from axus :He also blamed the safety car for all his problems during the Canada GP however that doesn't change the fact that he got taken on track by the Super Aguri of Takuma Sato, around the outside at that...

Sure, he's a looser, I don't understand how he could win two championships.

Now, that was a sarcasm.

The situation is stupid, we have some really good drivers on the track with great skills, an interesting championship that will be decided in the last race, and the only things I read and hear is bullshit instead of F1.

Alonso this, Lewis that, blah blah blah

Now I hope Massa wins the championship Go Ferrari!
I think drivers' and constructors' championships are just not enough: we need a separate F1 gossip championship to go with each season. Awarded based on which driver scores the most controversy points.
No way, Kimi would win that every time, he is such a motormouth! You just can't shut the guy up
#18 - Gunn
The single worst thing that ever happened to F1 is the fans.
Quote from Gunn :The single worst thing that ever happened to F1 is the fans.

Hehe, I can see where your coming from with that =) I think that could be said for alot of things. Once you get fans involved it becomes more of a gossip thing more than competition at times =)

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG