The online racing simulator
is it just me...? [X & brakes]
(20 posts, started )
or are the brakes, like REALLY powerful in p. X
all my setups have changed, and the thing which has changed the most, is defo. the brakes imo.
who agrees with me?
you can change the brake settings in your setup to make them less "powerful"
i agree too, i was cruising along in a XFG, then applyied the brakes about half way. In the SAME setup on patch W, the car would stop fairly quickly, with the tires getting plenty of grip. I did the same thing on patch X and both the front tires locked up.

I REALLY wish they did'nt make patch W incompatible though *crys*

Frenchy
Quote from niall09 :you can change the brake settings in your setup to make them less "powerful"

im pretty sure he knows this, i think he is just pointing out that even with the same brake power in both patch X and W, X seems like the brakes are MORE powerful

Frenchy
Now the GTRs skip around like they do in the game GTR which I believe is real?

I wasn't sure if something has changed or if what I've noticed is normal for keyboard use since I've been on this laptop ever since I got it and haven't tried it with my wheel yet.
#6 - garph
Could be something to do with the new clutch preload thing but I can't say I've noticed any difference.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :im pretty sure he knows this, i think he is just pointing out that even with the same brake power in both patch X and W, X seems like the brakes are MORE powerful

Frenchy

I know that, i too agree that the brakes have gotten powerfull. For me, especially in XRT, everytime i go full brake, the rear wheel seem to lock up
There isn't other changes than the clutch pack differential preload. If you are not using clutch pack diff, then there shouldn't be any difference.
The preload has a small effect on handling of setups that use clutch pack.
If there were difference is physics hotlap replays would go OOS (other than on resetting)
Quote from niall09 :I know that, i too agree that the brakes have gotten powerfull. For me, especially in XRT, everytime i go full brake, the rear wheel seem to lock up

ah right, sorry for the misunderstanding

@XCnuse, idk if harjun use's keyboard, but i use a wheel and it does it for me.
the brakes haven't changed.

but with the lsd preload set properly you can adjust your brake bias a little more to the rear before the car will spin, and this is a good thing.
It's the clutch preload.

Blackwood in the XRT with the WR set. Set of from the line and full brakes at 100m with downshift.

Default was 180 and I got some wheel lock, set it to 0 and got a little more, set it to 800 and got none at all.

Just think about it, the only change was the preload and now you notice a difference....what else was it going to be!
I don't think it is the preload, because I've been up to date with the test patches, and the brakes weren't like this during the testing.
The max brake force is set in a definitive unit. That unit has not changed, thus 1000N is still 1000N and the force is the same.

If anything in terms of physics had changed, replays would be OOS etc.
Mass psychosis spreads, do not drink tap water! :eek:
Have you checked what's going on on your pedal bars? My guess is you're not properly recalibrated.
why do we get this each and every time after a physics compatible patch was released ?
the physics havent changed and the differences you see are either your driving or all in your head
Actually, I've found the opposite. I have to add brake force. weird, eh?
#18 - col
Some of the cars are carrying extra weight now - at least online - this could cause them to lock the wheels where they didn't previously
I was experiencing something similar where I was locking up under braking much more easily after installing several of the Wxx test patches. A quick poke around in the controller setup screen showed that my controller axes needed to be recalibrated. Give that a try.
Quote from Shotglass :why do we get this each and every time after a physics compatible patch was released ?
the physics havent changed and the differences you see are either your driving or all in your head

and what do u dream at night

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG