The online racing simulator
Running multiple X hosts on the same machine [solved]
Hi!

We have been trying to set up dedicated servers for our team for a long time using WINE. Now with patch X it seems to be working quite fine, but now we want to run multiple servers on the same machine and we're having problems most likely with the OUTPUT ports.

Lets say these are the ports we have open for two servers:

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 63392 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 63392 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 63393 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 63393 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 29339 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT

Being the '92' for server #1 and the '93' for server #2. As you see we only have one OUTPUT port open, and having set those ports in the setup.cfg of each server, of course.

The first server is running perfectly, but the rest of the servers (we have now 5 servers for testing purposes) are not. On those servers when you try to connect it reaches "waiting for player information" and then get a "didn't receive a reply" message.

We think that server #1 is using OUTPUT port 29339 which is open, but the other servers are trying to use other ports which we don't know, and which are not open.

That's all the info I have as I'm not the one running the servers - I'm just his spokesperon - So, we'd like to know if there's any special thing we need to do to run multiple servers on the same machine.

I hope the provided info is useful. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Maybe this should be moved to the "technical assistance" forum
I have found out that my computer always uses the same outgoing port 29339 when trying to connect to all the servers yet only the first one works.

EDIT2: We have sorted it out now, it was very stupid mistake like it usually is

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG