The online racing simulator
Aston Club -FOX Patch X
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Venus
Aston Club -FOX Patch X
Has anyone else noticed the chicane on AS2 now seems alot more slippery? Particularly the grass on the exit apex. Ever since patch x, I can't get near my PB's, and its not just me. Even with the same setup, the car just seems to slide out alot.

Venus
Nothing was changed track-wise with X, and the only physics change was to the differential (clutch preload). So unless it's preload that's making the car feel slippery, I'd say it's probably psychsomatic.
I experienced this too. And I've heard other say too. But it's probably the clutch preload. Dunno what works best for that. But I'm faster now. :P
I have felt this too. It is the preload, I am not entirely sure why it does, but it happens if you use an old setup. Someone with more knowledge about this can probably tell what exactly needs to be done to the setup.
On Aston Club and Blackwood GP i am a little faster. Heard of people who are faster now and some slower with their old sets.
In my opinion it surely depends on the setup and driving styles itself.
For the one set and driving style the preload will take a "negative" effect. For the other set or driving style it is faster/better now.

But it will only take some days and ppl have adjust their preloads to their driving styles. Then the times should be similiar like in the past
#6 - Woz
depends on the car. No track changees but some cars have had a spec change.
#7 - Venus
Don't really think its the preload itself. Cause preload only comes into effect in the short time between braking, turning in, and getting on the throttle. Its activing during that turn in phase. It's probably got something to do with preload effecting power/coast settings. So I think I'm going to have to tweak those some. Someone said somewhere, that if you just set preload to 0, it will be back the way it was, but I'm not too sure about that. Otherwise devs would've set it to 0 so it had a neutral effect. Besides, increasing/decreasing it, effects oversteer/understeer during that turn in phase.

Ven
Quote from Venus :Besides, increasing/decreasing it, effects oversteer/understeer during that turn in phase.

That is not entirely true. It comes in to play in transition situations when getting on the throttle and getting off the throttle. It has effect on corner exit too. Unchanged setup seems to have a bit more oversteer when you are re-applying throttle on the exit.
#9 - Venus
Yes that makes sense....

Aston Club -FOX Patch X
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG