The online racing simulator
Reccomend me a league
(8 posts, started )
Reccomend me a league
Looking to join something fairly within my timezone, and not too difficult. You can probably get an idea of how good I am via my hotlap records. Timezone isn't TOO vital, now that i'm on my summer break.

I'd really rather not race open wheelers. Preferably standard and TBO class, but i'm willing to adapt to say GTR .

The big thing i'm looking for though is a race weekend esque setting. I'm really getting sick of having to stick to a few servers and a few tracks, just because i'll know what tracks those servers will be running (IE I don't have to learn something on the fly just to have some fun).

Just really looking for someplace where I can consistently have the opportunity to race. I really don't mind if I never finish on the podium, but I really want to be able to race with people around the same level as me.
I can't find any of your hotlaps thru LFS?
Shame you don't like open wheelers. GFC event has just started - first race this Sunday and there are still places available on the reserve list. I expect quite a few dropouts and reserves usually get a drive.

32 car grid. Go to gentlefoot.com/LFS for more info.

GF
Quote from Gentlefoot :Shame you don't like open wheelers. GFC event has just started - first race this Sunday and there are still places available on the reserve list. I expect quite a few dropouts and reserves usually get a drive.

32 car grid. Go to gentlefoot.com/LFS for more info.

GF

Damn, from what i've seen around the boards, you're a much esteemed racer, as is your grand prix

Maybe i'll give it a go. I suppose that since i'm rather a bit of a noob, I shouldn't be too picky. I've just always enjoyed racing the non open wheelers a bit more than the formula cars
Quote from sinkoman :Damn, from what i've seen around the boards, you're a much esteemed racer, as is your grand prix

Maybe i'll give it a go. I suppose that since i'm rather a bit of a noob, I shouldn't be too picky. I've just always enjoyed racing the non open wheelers a bit more than the formula cars

You'll be quite welcome and we are running a rookie championship too so still something to compete for even if you're not the quickest.

I would suggest you try the FOX and get some laps in sometime this week though. They are quite different from TBO and GTR classes but I personally find them more fun to drive. If you like it, feel free to enter. And don't be put off by the reserve list. Last race I just managed a 20 car grid from 27 entries. There are likely to be a similar number of no shows for this one too.

GF
League Of The Americas has an MRT C3 series starting in July on custom designed courses, running on Mondays @ 9:30 PM EST.

Also, we will have:
  • 3 semi-endurance races of approximately 2.5 hours each in late June, July, and August, running GT1 (GTR's) and GT2 (restricted GTR's).
  • the LOTA 150 - a 150 lap GTR race on the oval with caution periods, a pace car, and rolling starts
  • GT Touring Series (starting late Aug/early Sept) - featuring teams of GT1 (GTR's) and GT3 (UFR/XFR)
Also, when our series aren't running, we stage sprint pick-up races on combos ... blic on Thursday evenings. All of our series are geared toward scheduling times that are good for people in the Western Hemisphere. Please feel free to check out our site: www.lfs-lota.net.
Quote from Gentlefoot :You'll be quite welcome and we are running a rookie championship too so still something to compete for even if you're not the quickest.

I would suggest you try the FOX and get some laps in sometime this week though. They are quite different from TBO and GTR classes but I personally find them more fun to drive. If you like it, feel free to enter. And don't be put off by the reserve list. Last race I just managed a 20 car grid from 27 entries. There are likely to be a similar number of no shows for this one too.

GF

Well, I know the fox FAIRLY well, as I pop into the RedLine Racing servers fairly often, but I don't know if i'd be confident enough with it to prevent a crash online (i'd be terrified of crashing in a league race, would be so embarrassing if you took somebody else out).

I'll sign up though, get some laps in this week, see how things go

I'm not too sure i'm good enough for the Rookie class even

My fastest lap so far on AS Historic, FOX, on about 13 litres of fuel, is around 2:35.5 ish, and I know that's at least 11 seconds off of the world record
Quote from sinkoman :Well, I know the fox FAIRLY well, as I pop into the RedLine Racing servers fairly often, but I don't know if i'd be confident enough with it to prevent a crash online (i'd be terrified of crashing in a league race, would be so embarrassing if you took somebody else out).

I'll sign up though, get some laps in this week, see how things go

I'm not too sure i'm good enough for the Rookie class even

My fastest lap so far on AS Historic, FOX, on about 13 litres of fuel, is around 2:35.5 ish, and I know that's at least 11 seconds off of the world record

Lets try and get online on the server on Saturday sometime mate. I'll give you a setup and show you the lines, explain the rules. So long as you are careful (sounds like you will be) it doesn't matter how slow you are.

Reccomend me a league
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG