The online racing simulator
A Tribute To Ian. H
(73 posts, started )
Quote from kamkorPL :p.s.: Ian, I know you were tapped at T1, but drifting is such a turd and easy stuff that you should easily catch that little slide Most footage was also shoot after the pit stop. For future reference, if you don't feel confident about your skill - don't join a public race with so many cars. It's just not safe. Anyway, I'm glad that most of you had fun watching a video. Was a good laugh to me as well.

The slide was more of a push.. inertia crippled me bearing in mind I had a pretty small steering lock and the setup was meant to keep the backend in shape, not slide

As for my driving itself, there's no other word than 'bad'.. it was really bad, but was a bad day.. I'm not normally quite as sloppy.. smaller grid in the replay attached granted, but a bit more pressure but even though I'm not the fastest or best driver by a long shot, can normally at least keep the car somewhat under control

Regards,

Ian
Attached files
bl1_tbo_tn_02.mpr - 780.1 KB - 133 views
Quote from Jakg :i fail to see how any drifting technique could of saved him there.

its a situation which as I recall Porsche drivers call - "If you spin - Both feet in"
i tell you guys something...
A Fast and reliable racer knows it all. How to drift, how to grip.

this sounds cliche, but tsuchiya was the drift king and we can see him kicking serious ass in grip time trials on the best motoring DVD's. Against JGT drivers (as he once was). Best motoring international and the tougue vids tought me to respect drifters.

i say is very important to know how to drift.
The drifters techniques certainly teached me how to make my rear end loose when i need it to be in a grip race, in order to overtake in a tight corner, or simply avoid a collision.
They just make it a way of racing. Thats all.
just to add something, sometimes given the circumstances (during a race), its faster to exit a tight corner drifting if the alternative is to understeer into the grass or to exit really slow due to a mistake.
During stress i not always do perfect tight turns (as NAT chicane), so i have to make that call lots of times. So, thank you drifters

Hehe. Nice Video. Just a great clean style comedy about Ian's meaning about drifting.

But Ian is offering great stuff to the community... so Ian 4tw
Quote from Tomi :This thread is pretty lame, immature and vengeance oriented. Are you 5 years old KamkorPL ?

You're welcome.
thats not true about all good racers knowing how to drift. IRL i've seen great racers that suck at drifting, and vice versa. Both have the capacity to learn, though. since both are about car control.
Ian.H should really enter the LFS Drifting Cup
Quote from kamkorPL :It was made as a joke(music, pink glow etc.). But it's point was to also show what Ian words mean when he is driving.

Ok if it was a joke, why does PSDF on the first page want Ian to apologize for what he has said? The way it looks to me is you're trying to humiliate him (and fail because he doesn't care) and then turn it round into a 'its only a joke' thread.

Quote from psdf :Just because you've maybe had problems with someone drifting on your racing server, doesn't give you the right to bash at the whole sport like a rhino in heat

Yeah... because having an opinion that differs from yours is just wrong! Bad Ian!

illepall
Quote from Rooble :Ok if it was a joke, why does PSDF on the first page want Ian to apologize for what he has said? The way it looks to me is you're trying to humiliate him (and fail because he doesn't care) and then turn it round into a 'its only a joke' thread.

Read my previous posts.
oh for crying out loud ian took it as what it is ... humorous and if anybody hes the one to judge if its insulting or not
It didn't seem as an insult to me anyway, more like an evil humor, which I appreciate, and seemingly Ian sees that the same way, not as a personal offence
I don't even think Ian was drifting on purpose. Ever see someone try to control there car after years of not playing? He isn't a full-time LFSer like some of us, so he will go sliding a bit here and there.

Maybe he had hot tires as well....? His drifting doesn't look intentional, nor does it look anything like drifting.

If you are trying to bark up the tree and act like you 'caught' him drifting even though he dislikes it... I think you are just being a bit ludicrous. Anyone could go and have fun with a RWD, whether it is intentional or not when they slide it. Typical behaviour.

Still, I don't even know what to say about the video other than it was really stupid?
Tweaker: Ofcourse it was clear that it wasn't intentional drifting. But he did more sliding than over 20 cars together in a race, and I doubt tires were hot - 3 laps race + 1 pit stop after 1st lap?

And ofcourse video was stupid and funny. The contrast beetwen driving and the posts showed later was HUGE. I'm sure Ian has a lot of talent and could easily grab a win in UK EDC or japanese D1GP in the powerfull Cossie he drove.

I'm also really glad that Ian didn't took the video in agressive way.

edit:
Quote from Shotglass :oh for crying out loud ian took it as what it is ... humorous and if anybody hes the one to judge if its insulting or not

Good point.
Nice one Ian, took it like a man :up:
Though maybe you should change your sig now:

"Drifting - it's what racers do when they cock it up..."

#66 - Davo
ROFLMAO!!! 10/10!!111one

Great vid, doesn't matter how insultiong or funny it is great to see someone put some creativity into it. Good response from Ian though, taking it well.
Satire at its best.
Quote from kamkorPL :And ofcourse video was stupid and funny. The contrast beetwen driving and the posts showed later was HUGE. I'm sure Ian has a lot of talent and could easily grab a win in UK EDC or japanese D1GP in the powerfull Cossie he drove.

I'm also really glad that Ian didn't took the video in agressive way.

edit:

Good point.

ROLFMAO
haha, he wont be happy for this movie nice
haha...very captivating movie.....great action ...., but........ i kinda notice that Ian H can't drift ......funy movie
aww crap.... this thread is attracting noobs.
Gabbicks,
you calling me noob?

This video was really funny.
Nothing against Ian but sometimes people should watch what they really posting.I am not suprized that you can someone paraphrase that way then.

10/10

A Tribute To Ian. H
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG