The online racing simulator
FXO XRT GTR (hotlapping)
(17 posts, started )
FXO XRT GTR (hotlapping)
OK im gonna leave this short and simple, i hope

Basically throughout the w test patch phase , we had ballast to bring together the competetiveness of the cars in question.
Now i thought with patch-x that perhaps these changes would of been fixed into SP code so that when hotlapping, im driving the exact same car as i do in Multiplayer.
It really is a chore at the moment, sets i make in MP are no good due to adjustments made to compensate for ballast positioning. and vice versa.
I really think that reseting the hotlap charts for the cars mentioned , till the next incompatible patch will help racers and give data to help & assist devs to make adjustments to the cars before the next stage.
-
(Paranoid Android) DELETED by Paranoid Android
Surely a little bit of ballast doesn't make that much difference?, and even if it does make a slight difference, I wouldn't say MP sets are "no good", surely they only need slight modification, if any at all.

Or maybe I am just too slow to notice...........
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :OK im gonna leave this short and simple, i hope

Basically throughout the w test patch phase , we had ballast to bring together the competetiveness of the cars in question.
Now i thought with patch-x that perhaps these changes would of been fixed into SP code so that when hotlapping, im driving the exact same car as i do in Multiplayer.
It really is a chore at the moment, sets i make in MP are no good due to adjustments made to compensate for ballast positioning. and vice versa.
I really think that reseting the hotlap charts for the cars mentioned , till the next incompatible patch will help racers and give data to help & assist devs to make adjustments to the cars before the next stage.

Well that's why voluntary mass and intake restriction was added. When testing setups offline, you just add the penalties that the cars have in multiplayer and voila!

Now you can't break the Wr, but at least that solves the setup problems.
Quote from Paranoid Android :Now you can't break the Wr, but at least that solves the setup problems.

I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

Why weren't the WRs reset? At least for those cars that were changed. When you drive online you check the WR to see how fast you can go and now it's all without meaning. The WRs are with a faster car.

And yes, it makes quite a difference, the setup needs to be changed. But now when you drive online it isn't really practice for when you want to make a hotlap.

I hope this transitional period is soon gone because I just don't see the point in hotlapping right now.
hi guys

i'm sorry i missed the train, but.. What exact changes the GTR class had? how much slower or faster are they now?
I'm particularly interested in the FXR GTR compared to the others now and then.

thanks in advance
IF you dont hotlap then please dont try and reply Paranoid Android. i dont think you understnad this at all

Kurrent Understands what im saying . Im sure theres alot of racers like me who feel like this.

Only solution i have now is to hotlap RB4
#7 - Renku
It's possible to hotlap and drive in SP with these ONLINE restrictions, for a league race or smth. And for the sake of hotlapping, why to do it ONLINE? This situation is another fine example how doing smth good backfires. Can't really decide what is worse: the threads where people complained about the unbalance of the TBO and GTR class, or what we see now in "When will the hotlaps get reset" threads.
any link where i can see the current balance of the cars and what changes were made?

thanks
#9 - maczo
Quote from kurent :Why weren't the WRs reset?

Because the specs for hotlapping are the same as they were. WR's will be reset in the next SP-incompatible patch*.

* - OK, I'm not 100% sure, but I think Scawen wrote, that after coming to a conclusion with regards to class balancing, a permanent adjustment will be made.
Renku ,thanks for getting in here, your probabally the most prolific hotalpper i know/knew.

Im not complaining , im trying to make this a positive thing , i dont understand why the balancing in the official is not set for SP/MP for cars affected, it is really like driving 2 different cars, different braking, different suspension, pressures etc, yes it was like that already in hotlapping , what im trying to get accross is now not only do i have to contend with basic set up differences (hotlap set and race set) there is ballast , its making it very very hard work.

And how long will this period last > till patch y ?

Renku surely you can see the benefits if scavier were to release official patch that set the handicaps in SP/hotlapping etc and reset charts for cars affected, its a win win win situation surely ?

I really cant see the problem with that ^ charts are going to be reset in patch y anyway.
Because the balancing is not finalized, possibly needing to go up AND Down. So Single Player provides us, the community, the ability to test and hopefully finalize the balancing.
Quote from spyshagg :any link where i can see the current balance of the cars and what changes were made?

thanks

FXO +70Kg (+3% air intake restriction)
XRT +20 Kg
RB4 No Change to Vehicle

GTR

FXR No Change to Vehicle
XRR + 40kg
FZR + 80kg
I agree with Al, when i'm going to a new combo I see what the WR is and if it's any good, then I try and get as close to that as possibole, using it as a benchmark, but now for AS GP in the XRR i'm more than 1 and a half seconds off with a lap I would consider fast but how will I know untill I race someone else who is faster?

I thought we'd see some cars being reset atleast and having the balast added in SP too, what use is checking WR's any more? Go to a TBO server and check each WR for each car is pointless because they are different online.

Hotlapping is allready much differnt to online racing, but now it's even more different for some cars.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :FXO -70Kg (3% air intake restriction)
XRT -20 Kg
RB4 -none

GTR

FXR -none
XRR -40kg
FZR -80kg

thanks!
so the normal "times" from fzr dropped what? about 1 sec?

I was really interested to know if the FXR had a handicap, because i started racing with him this week and i was wondering how close my recent PB's were to the WR. But now i know i'm racing the same car so i'm sure i'm only 1 sec off WR in As nat lol
thanks
Depends how long the track is, we done As Nat with the FZR in the ESCC and were about 1 second off the times without the weight penalty.

Considering there isn't many corners, a track like AS GP will make it drop a good few seconds.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :FXO -70Kg (3% air intake restriction)
... etc

The hyphens could be a touch misleading to folks who have not been following the class balancing threads. All the weights were added to the cars, not taken away. E.g. FXO gains a 70kg weight penalty (in addition to the air intake restriction).

Rakhsh
ahh yes , totally overlooked that aegilops, edited that post now, thx

FXO XRT GTR (hotlapping)
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG