The online racing simulator
Jump start penalty
(13 posts, started )
Jump start penalty
I like the jump start penalty in the new patch but after just racing with a large grid I can see a downside to it.
The car behind me had a falsh start and cannoned into me and I then had the misfourtune in having to pit for a jump start which I didn't do. Hence my race of 10 laps was over before it began. I don't blame the racer as these things happen but it would be nice if I didn't have pay the price as well.
Anyway love the new patch keep up the good work
Thats the reason why large false starts tend to send you to spectate, to avoid that problem.
Quote from danowat :Thats the reason why large false starts tend to send you to spectate, to avoid that problem.

well it's not working. i've also been rear-ended by other cars on the grid, causing me to get a false start penalty. i'm glad false starts have been added, but it is a bit frustrating to have your race ruined by someone else before it even begins.
Quote from Mike85 :I think this could be considered a bug or a flaw. Something Scawen didnt think of.

In real life racing, if a false starter moves you from the grid, is there a penaly or not? When we answer that, we will know if we want to fix this in LFS or not.

But I think Scawen needs to fix this. Someone should tell him and ask him about his opinion on this.

In real life racing, most racers who false start tend not to hit the guy in front. And the majority of false starts are within a fraction of a second before the lights go green. To sort it out on a game may not be that easy.
Quote from Mike85 :I think this could be considered a bug or a flaw. Something Scawen didnt think of.

Scawen did think about it, that's why he added the auto-spectate if you move a certain distance before the lights.
Yes, Scawen has implemented an auto-spectate after moving 4 metres or so. Maybe it doesn't work perfectly in lag situations?
#7 - Tomi
I think this has a lot to do with people who aren't used to the new patch. It won't happen as much in a few weeks once everybody will be comfortable with it. I don't think there is a need for a fix.
I'm with him above me. Just give it a little time. Patch X and false starts are quite new yet.
Quote from AndroidXP :Yes, Scawen has implemented an auto-spectate after moving 4 metres or so. Maybe it doesn't work perfectly in lag situations?

It depends on the wrong way settings, if wrong way is off, then auto-spectate is off, if wrong way is spectate, it auto spectates, and so on (as I believe for the kick and ban situations, but not tested)
Quote :i really hate when u press the spacebar the car repairs i dont se the point becouse u crash and u cant easly continue using the space bar and in blackwood u can continue thorguht the bariers and then press space and contiune i hate it

You should stop racing on that server and join a server that has reset disabled
Maybe my solution is too simple; but if a car false starts why cant the brakes be auto slammed on straight way and only released on green?

Troy
Quote from FlintFredstone :Maybe my solution is too simple; but if a car false starts why cant the brakes be auto slammed on straight way and only released on green?

Troy

? so you want the old system back again?

False starts need to sent to spectate period, or at least sent to the pits.
Err.. no, you would still move forward you would still have a penalty, but you would not ruin others race.

Troy

Jump start penalty
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG