The online racing simulator
A Tribute To Ian. H
(73 posts, started )
Quote from LFSn00b :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So1d4CxTI3A

Youtube link for the lazy ones :-)

Quote from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So1d4CxTI3A :The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

Niko fail at youtube
#27 - psdf
I think alot can be forgotten if a certain someone just makes an honest apology here. Just because you've maybe had problems with someone drifting on your racing server, doesn't give you the right to bash at the whole sport like a rhino in heat. It's not very nice to read stuff like "drifting doesn't require talent" or "sliding around in a computer game means diddly squat". I've been drifting in LFS now for almost two years and I can definately say it takes quite a bit of practice to get good at it. It puts you down when you read an ignorant statement like that :sadbanana.

Yes, lots of drifters are very young and lots of them act like they've had lobotomy. Then there's a few of us who actually want to hone our skills in controlling the slides to close as you can get to perfection. Most of these guys also try to make it realistic using up to 900 degree wheels, clutches and h-shifters. Going from 180 degrees of steering to 720 on a single FFB motor wheel like the DFP took me a few weeks to learn. In a sense those drifters have more realism with the controls than many racers who stick with 270 degree steering and buttons for the clutch.

I'll be more than happy to give Ian a lesson in drifting if he makes an apology.
i thought having a brain 1st was required for getting a lobotomy
#29 - shim
nice vid as always Kam.. love the forum posts at the end.. goes against everything he said on teh forums..
Yeah, lol etc.
But where are we here? Kindergarten?
Quote from al heeley :waider: no need for personal insults here please

Isn´t the whole thread and the movie a personal insult?
Yes i think it is, there's a fine line between 'pulling someone's leg' (having a little joke at them) and comments escalating into personal insults.
Thanks for bringing the thread back, staff.
-
(Matrixi) DELETED by Matrixi
Just keep it clean guys, and in good humour, eh?
lol that was actually cute I definitely need some track time after taking 2 years off although the shunt on the first corner crippled the suspension. An amusing vid anyway

Want my phone number too kamkor?

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Want my phone number too kamkor?

I see both of us like pink.
Best forum call out EVAH!

Bless your soul Ian, for being a good sport.
LMAO, classic. Especially the music.
Quote from jayhawk :Bless your soul Ian, for being a good sport.

Early rule my Mum taught me in life... "you don't dish out what you can't take" I don't get offended easily either.

AFAIC, there was nothing offensive in the movie though, it was (unfortunately) me driving (very very badly, heh) so what can I say.. I guess I feel honoured someone bothered to spend that much time thinking of me

Kamkor: You could say I like pink.. but not the place to elaborate

Regards,

Ian
ahhhhhhh, that was funny

i never realised LFS could be a comedy medium

good vid! nice driving Ian! Reminds me of my driving too when I try and get back into LFS!
Quote from Kalev EST :Isn´t the whole thread and the movie a personal insult?

I dont see any insult. The only insults I see are on the video, while a person discriminate a thing that he don't know and say that he own the universal truth...
Heh, that was quite funny WD to Ian too for taking it the right way
waider.. I don't know what point you're trying to make and didn't see the thread before it was moderated.. but I don't see any insults in the video at all. It was the first race I'd done properly with LFS in aaaages and was all over the place. I got spun on the first corner and it crippled the suspension which is the cause of the first few clips of the vid.. but I pitted for repair and still drove really badly.. and someone decided they'd make a video of it.

Let it go dude. I don't know what got edited while the thread was apparently being appraised, but AFAIC, what's left here is just amusing as I'm pretty sure it was intended

Regards,

Ian
Hehe, that's a good one.

Well done guys, good job.
Movie was fun, but was it really a joke or did they really try and offend, hmm I'm not sure but Oh well.

Point remains : Drifting is turd, racing is the real deal

I'm sure Ian is traumatized and needs weeks of recovery
Quote from Rooble :Movie was fun, but was it really a joke or did they really try and offend, hmm I'm not sure but Oh well.

It was made as a joke(music, pink glow etc.). But it's point was to also show what Ian words mean when he is driving.

p.s.: Ian, I know you were tapped at T1, but drifting is such a turd and easy stuff that you should easily catch that little slide Most footage was also shoot after the pit stop. For future reference, if you don't feel confident about your skill - don't join a public race with so many cars. It's just not safe. Anyway, I'm glad that most of you had fun watching a video. Was a good laugh to me as well.
Now image the same driving along with "The Famous Cossie 520 hp"

lmafao :P

ps: a drifter knows how to control and stop the right time the car from sliding ,"we" can teach racers how to do it ,cause if they dont know like Ian here .....

better be a ballet dancer than Grass Cutting Machine
Quote from ZzeCoOl :..........
ps: a drifter knows how to control and stop the right time the car from sliding ,"we" can teach racers how to do it ,cause if they dont know like Ian here

News Flash...drifter can teach real racers how to what, really?
Every real life racer know how to drift, real racers tend to avoid drifting, unless they are in a show off competition.
#49 - Tomi
This thread is pretty lame, immature and vengeance oriented. Are you 5 years old KamkorPL ?

Catching an unwanted slide in a race, and with a race setup, is much harder than doing a self induced drift. We all know that.
#50 - Jakg
Quote from ZzeCoOl :a drifter knows how to control and stop the right time the car from sliding ,"we" can teach racers how to do it ,cause if they dont know like Ian here .....

To be fair on T1 at AS Nat he was clipped, something which even full lock could not save him from - i fail to see how any drifting technique could of saved him there.

A Tribute To Ian. H
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG