The online racing simulator
**spoilers** 2007 Canadian GP
(179 posts, started )
Horrible crash

Thankfully Kubica's manager said he was concious and talking with no injuries, hopefully he's been unbelievably lucky but given the speed and angle I think it's as much luck as safety design that got him out alive.
Quote from Clownpaint :He's conscious and talking. Wow.

I was expecting much worse news after seeing the crash. That has lifted my mood.

That's awesome to hear.

Safety Car is out again, from Albers lost front wing. What a GP!

Massa and Fisi get the black flag.
Fisi and Masa Black flagged for going out on Red lights rofl
Quote from BigDave2967 :

What a GP!

This GP has been the only good GP for around 3 or 4 years, F1 has just gone to crap the last few years. There is barely any driver skill anymore. Ban everything and bring back good racing
Quote from niall09 :This GP has been the only good GP for around 3 or 4 years, F1 has just gone to crap the last few years. There is barely any driver skill anymore. Ban everything and bring back good racing

You must have missed 2006 and 2003 then? Two of the most competitive and eventful seasons of F1 racing ever.
Strangest GP... in Quite a long time...

Safety car part 4
This race is nuts.
Quote from niall09 :This GP has been the only good GP for around 3 or 4 years, F1 has just gone to crap the last few years. There is barely any driver skill anymore. Ban everything and bring back good racing

It's funny that you say this GP (incident-filled and full of driving mistakes) has been the "only good GP for around 3 or 4 years," and then go on to say that driver skill has gone to crap.
Ahahaha WTF.
i didnt say the driver skill has gone to crap, its just not exciting as it used to be. C'mon like, TC, no slicks. It will be good next year though
what a race till now,

2 black falgs .

1 big crash,

couple little crashes.

crashing bihind the safety car.

and it didin't finished yet

reintjan
I think everyone's conspiring to make this such an eventful GP so that nobody remembers it for Hamilton's first win.
holy crap sato
Go SATO! WOW!
Sato is the man
Gooooooooooooooooooooo Sato
At the very end of the comms from Hamilton's engineer you could hear him saying "Kubica has broken..." so it sounds as if he has indeed done some more damage than we were first told. Need to wait for confirmation on that one though.
Don't think it's really been a great Grand Prix, too many safety cars/crashes including Kubica's horrible crash, the racing hasn't be great, Raikkonen and Alonso are no where. Credit to Hamilton and Heidfeld they've got in their cars and driven them quickly whilst everybody else has been crashing. Man of the race has to be Sato, for passing Alonso and Raikkonen in a Super Aguri and Wurz has done an impressive drive, up 16 places

The commentators have pissed me off with James Allen's decision that Hamilton has the 'speed of Senna' and Brundle's rambling on that Fisi and Massa shouldn't have been disqualified because the light shouldn't have been red, you don't go through a red light whether you think it should be on or not end of.

Quote from amp88 :2003 then?

The darkest GP since Imola '94 was Austria '03, when Barrichello followed team orders and let Shumi win but made it slightly obvious by parking it on the line. Seem to remember it being a fair crap season with Shumi domination.

Quote :
At the very end of the comms from Hamilton's engineer you could hear him saying "Kubica has broken..." so it sounds as if he has indeed done some more damage than we were first told. Need to wait for confirmation on that one though.

Just heard that as well, hopefully that wasn't the full message
So pleased for Hamilton and Sato!

But did I not just hear the McLaren guy saying "Kubica has broken... something"?

EDIT: Damnit, amp88
Apparently both legs (Edit: apparently, just the one leg, but still...)

But James Allen is too busy having an orgasm to talk about Kubica, which is far more important
Wow, what a dramatic race this was: from Kubica's horrible accident to Sato's amazing drive and Hamilton's first win. Looks like Hamilton's got the championship lead for real now.

Edit: Just read tristan's post, that's very saddening to hear, I was hoping he would be unscathed somehow.
He said "...broken his leg"
Quote from ajp71 :
The darkest GP since Imola '94 was Austria '03, when Barrichello followed team orders and let Shumi win but made it slightly obvious by parking it on the line. Seem to remember it being a fair crap season with Shumi domination.

You're thinking of 2002 (2001 Barrichello also let Schumacher pass at Austria but then it wasn't for the lead). 2003 was most certainly not a Schumacher dominated season.

**spoilers** 2007 Canadian GP
(179 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG