The online racing simulator
Better forcefeedback
(6 posts, started )
Better forcefeedback
I would like a better forcefeedback! I can't feel when front weels start loosing grip.
I have a logitech formula force gp.
#2 - Jakg
i can feel it just fine - to get the "best" FFB out of LFS you need to set the "Damper Effect" and "Spring Effect" to 0%, but the FFB to 101% and enable the centreing spring, but put it at 0%

You make all these changes inside windows.

If this doesn't help, i can feel the car great with my G25 - perhaps it's you hardware?
Done!
I'm not very satisfied...FF works very well but i prefer the feeling of nascar 2003(for example)... I must hear tyre streaming to feel front start sliding...
but... i'll try with another weel... maybe is my hardware
#4 - Woz
Quote from Mezzanotte :Done!
I'm not very satisfied...FF works very well but i prefer the feeling of nascar 2003(for example)... I must hear tyre streaming to feel front start sliding...
but... i'll try with another weel... maybe is my hardware

The FF in LFS is generated by the forces acting on the front wheels. These forces are then pushed up the steering column as they would be IRL to your wheel as FF. Any sim that has the FF go all floppy in understeer (ISI mostly) is just wrong as this is an effect.

Try it yourself in your own car (SOMEWHERE SAFE WHERE YOU WILL NOT HIT ANY[THING|ONE]). If you car does not have PS to mask teh subtle effects then all the better.

In LFS the steering does get lighter with FWD cars when too much power through the fronts is the cause of the understeer but when off power and the weight is forwards then you will notice a presure build until you are in slip and then the presure will level off instead of build more.

IRL, what you feel through the steering during understeer depends on the cause of the understeer.
Wow, interesting! I'll try!!! ...and...I will document myself to care...
thanks
What if there realy is a some kind of bug in force efects? I just read an interesting comment in RSC, and IMHO it's possible that the forces in LFS doesn't work as well as they should.

Better forcefeedback
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG