The online racing simulator
Track Rotation Feature
(18 posts, started )
Track Rotation Feature
hey i was just wondering if anyone liked the idea of being able to set up a list of tracks and a time limit and the server would automatically switch to the next track after the time limit is up. this might not be good for racers but i don't know for sure that's why i'm asking. i've made a lot of layouts and i think it'd be cool if i could do this while i'm not at the computer.

maybe you could select the option of x amount of minutes or x amount of races to change the track?
sounds interesting

but maybe not an amount of minutes, I think a change after x finished races feature would be better
I don't like to be interupted in the middle of the race when the time is over
i like that idea, it could still be time limited, but if your in the middle of a race then it would wait till that race is over before switching.
#4 - axus
+1
#5 - Vain
+1

Vain
Yeah, sorta like CS:S and other online shooters, could be quite an interesting server side option....thumbs up

Dan,
Easy with InSim, maybe it could be done from LFSWorld as a generic system. LFSWorld can also send welcome messages, so I guess it can also do other things.
ya the fact that interupting a race is why you would be able to either do x amount of minutes (probably mainly for drifters or just fun mess around layouts) and then x amount of races completed for those who like to race. i think it would be cool.
tbh I never posted a suggestion for this because I assumed it was coming anyway, it's noteable by it's ommission - and it would help move some of the Fox racers off SO Classic
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I like that idea. You could easily do a setting where after the race it changes to a new track and then you could do like tournaments.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Just made me imagine an Oval / FO8 racer suddenly thinking "OMG there's more tracks!" :eek:

:chairfall
Quote from Blackout ::chairfall

+1
Quote from sileighty :ya the fact that interupting a race is why you would be able to either do x amount of minutes (probably mainly for drifters or just fun mess around layouts) and then x amount of races completed for those who like to race. i think it would be cool.

I agree, at least have the option available. But then what will happen to the player count on the servers? Will people jump from server to server to get their favorite track and just say forget it when their track isn't up? I liked it in Nascar 2003 but each time the server changed tracks the server emptied.
well you wouldnt have to use the rotation feature it would just be an option. i could definitely see that happening. =p
+1

Good idea!
This has been suggested since the pre S1 days I think...

This feature could also mean a comeback of the qualify function. After all cars have finnished the track gets switched a qualify of 5 minutes or whatever the admin selects starts, after that the race is held. When finnished the track is switched again etc etc...

This also prevents the eternal shift+r waiting... so maybe even if this feature is not implemented an auto-restart feature can be fixxed, once again after x amount of time after all cars have finnished.. or make more parameters admin selectable..

It was even suggested once that this could be a nice way to hold mini leagues... 3 tracks make up the league, you get points for each finnish and after 3 races you see a nice standings post, that gets reset again.. again the amount of track in the minileague can be set by admin, maybe even the points system can be set by admin.. If you join on the second track you get a DNF in the standings for the first race. But next "season" you can join in again..

But I guess Scawen has his reasons not to have coded in the feature a long long time ago
There's already an InSim app that can do track rotation. It's called Race Manager. If you search the forum I'm sure you'll find a link for it.
+1 for track change option every x races/minutes. But id should be available to set in server's cfg. Not everyone has the know-how to write an insim app, also not everyone wants or has time to dig into insim.

Btw, searcing the Unofficial Addons section didn't help.

Moreover, if track rotation were adjustable from cfg, it would be compatible regardless insim or game version.

It would be even cooler if you could:
- define a list of tracks to chose from by creating a txt, the same way you make only certain tracks available on the server
- set, wether the tracks were selected one by one, as written in the txt, or chosen randomly.

Track Rotation Feature
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG