The online racing simulator
Patch X - Physics change?
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Venus
Hey,

I've just been doing some laps on Aston Club in the fox. Normally I'd do low 101's... but with the same set as I used b4 Patch X, now whenever I run over the inside left curb on the chicane (left entry), the car spins off. It just won't go over that curb without spinning, but before it did. Has the physics of the curbs changed? Or car?

Anyone else noticing this???

Its not me, cause I'm not doing anything different to what I was doing b4 patch x.

Venus
The physics of the differentials has changed. Clutchpack diffs now have preload, so their behaviour is slightly different. Its generally much much better, particularly for RWD road cars, but it may just alter the load transfer enought that the car would spin where previously it would not.
#3 - Slopi
Physics weren't changed. Check to see what type of diff you're using, cause the LSD was changed a bit this patch. If you're running a LSD Clutchpack, it could be due to that.

Other than that, nothing else was changed to make your car loose control like that.
Cars don't lose control, People do....
#5 - Venus
Thanks... its ok... it was the preload... the default new preload set on my setup was slightly out.. its fine now, in fact its even better.

Ven
#6 - Woz
Quote from Venus :Thanks... its ok... it was the preload... the default new preload set on my setup was slightly out.. its fine now, in fact its even better.

Ven

Yep, button off oversteer is much reduced and more natural now. The RWD cars are far better, I hope it means the end of locked diffs
#7 - undoz
I hope that too, but as you can see, the setup forum is spammed with drift and drag setups and the inferno ones are using the locked diff exploit.

I hoped for a change after the preload was first introduced, but it seems the comunity didn't reacted to it.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG