The online racing simulator
Forum Search
(9 posts, started )
Forum Search
The Forum Search is very bad.
  • If u search "connection list" it dont find "connection-list".
  • If u search "connection-list" it dont find connection list
  • if u search "Reason" in the suggestions forum with "Search Thread Titles Only" you get "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." But there are Threads, thats true, for example: Reason for kick and ban
Its works fine with me.... I can search 'Reason' and there come threath up with Reason as title
Quote from Rascar13 :Its works fine with me.... I can search 'Reason' and there come threath up with Reason as title

You must search only the suggestions forum and not all forums. In Advanced Search right down can you select the forum in which you wanna search. And im sure, u haven´t find the Thread Reason for kick and ban.
Forum search could do with being improved.

Recently, I've been searching for quite a few things (either for G25 wheel related items or LFSLapper coding) and the problem is the search brings up the forum Thread rather than the specific forum Post.

For some threads, this can run into hundreds of posts.

And the title of some threads sometimes have nothing to do with your search criteria, but to find what you're looking for, you may have to trawl through all the posts.

Even a simple search as per you have with emails for instance would make searching whole lot easier.
Quote from sinanju :Forum search could do with being improved.

Recently, I've been searching for quite a few things (either for G25 wheel related items or LFSLapper coding) and the problem is the search brings up the forum Thread rather than the specific forum Post.

For some threads, this can run into hundreds of posts.

And the title of some threads sometimes have nothing to do with your search criteria, but to find what you're looking for, you may have to trawl through all the posts.

Even a simple search as per you have with emails for instance would make searching whole lot easier.

when doing a search look for the "show results as" option and select "posts"

Screenshots attached to show where they are.
Attached images
search1.png
search2.png
#6 - amp88
Setting aside the fact that the performance of the search engine is largely (or wholly) dependent on the implementation by vBulletin...

Quote from matze54564 :
  • If u search "connection list" it dont find "connection-list".
  • If u search "connection-list" it dont find connection list

If you put a search term in inverted commas you're saying to the search engine "only show me entries which contain this exact phrase". You're not saying "show me posts which contain these 2 words in any combination". Try using:

connection AND list

...and tick the "Show Posts" option rather than "Show Threads". That will display results where posts contain both the words "connection" and "list" (irrespective of whether they're combined or have a space/hyphen between).

Quote from matze54564 :
  • if u search "Reason" in the suggestions forum with "Search Thread Titles Only" you get "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." But there are Threads, thats true, for example: Reason for kick and ban

I get the thread you list here when I choose to "Search Titles Only" in the "Improvement Suggestions" sub-forum.

Quote from sinanju :Recently, I've been searching for quite a few things (either for G25 wheel related items or LFSLapper coding) and the problem is the search brings up the forum Thread rather than the specific forum Post.

Have you tried checking the "Show Posts" button rather than "Show Threads"? If you have the "Show Posts" button checked you will be given the exact post where the search term(s) were found.

Quote from sinanju :And the title of some threads sometimes have nothing to do with your search criteria, but to find what you're looking for, you may have to trawl through all the posts.

Well, that's because some people choose poor names for their threads. A thread titled "Help Please" doesn't help people when it comes to searching. Searching in posts (i.e. not thread titles) with the "Show Posts" option checked helps a lot in this scenario though.
Thank you both Franky500 / Amp88 for that.
well whenever i use the search its pretty useless really, all i seem to get most of the time is a list of most recent topics, regardless of what i search for!
Quote from danthebangerboy :well whenever i use the search its pretty useless really, all i seem to get most of the time is a list of most recent topics, regardless of what i search for!

Search > Advanced Search > *See the picture*

Attached images
adadadad.jpg

Forum Search
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG