The online racing simulator
Bug Test Server
(29 posts, closed, started )
Bug Test Server
Ok.. I'm minding my own buisness, racing etc, and when the roads infront and behind of me are CLEAR, I do drifts if nobody is in sight, so there's no chance of being accused of bashing etc, so I do that, and because my name's [I.C]Drift, everyone argued with me saying I am not allowed to drift,..... Says who? Is it against that server RULES to drift??? It doesn't say it's JUST a racing server, now I'm banned as they voted to ban me, I just put "Sad..." as I got banned..

Honestly this is pathetic, if you want it no drifting, go on a RACE ONLY server, if you dont give a dam if drifters come then carry on playing without moaning, idc if you flame me for this post, I'm sick and tired of pathetic little kids argueing with me saying it's a RACE ONLY server, which..... where does it say that? Somone got somthing I havn't or somthing?

Seriously, put it in the server description, somthing like "All types of racers welcome, bashers are not."

It's pathetic on there atm, I wasn't doing any damage apart from to my tires which were pooring out with smoke, so what's the big deal? Let me get on with it if I'm not causing any trouble.... Which I wasn't.

On another note, gj lfs devs, lfs rocks apart from some of the morons on it.

I know some of y'all are gonna disagree, but idc, flame me, do whatever, it's no skin of my nose, I'm having wreckless fun, so either way I'll carry on doing what I like.

Oh, and just in advance; If you're wondering WHY I don't go on a drifting server, it's because I'd rather have low 22 ping rather than go on one of them servers and have a high 100. I prefer it without the lag thanks.
Seriously, put it in the server description, somthing like "All types of racers welcome, bashers are not." Good idea now why didint server hosts think of doing that?
#3 - wien
Quote from DriftStar :Honestly this is pathetic, if you want it no drifting, go on a RACE ONLY server

ALL servers are race only unless it says otherwise. If you want to drift, go to a drift server. Simple as that really.
dont incite him this stuff is filling the forums aswell as flameage.
#5 - joen
LFS is a racing simulator, so by default servers can be expected to be a race server. Drift servers should indicate it's only drifting, not the other way around.

Quote :
so either way I'll carry on doing what I like.

So what's the point of this thread then?
#6 - Slopi
If you got banned simply because you were drifting when no one was around, I'd have to agree that they are morons.

It's a friggin test server. You know, where you TEST things? Not just racing, but wrecking, sliding, joining, drifting, etc...

Not much you can do about it though I guess.
If you want to drift, go on a drift server!!! There is no point arguing here, you will only lose a losing battle. And they are testing the banning on the bug test servers so it was supposed to happen

Drifters stay with drifters and racers stay with racers

EDIT: WOW! 5 posts in the space of a minute, LOL!
Quote from faster111 :Seriously, put it in the server description, somthing like "All types of racers welcome, bashers are not." Good idea now why didint server hosts think of doing that?

Lol, exactly,.... Beat's me. I mean,.. seriously, if there was only allowed racers on, not drifters etc, why wouldn't they put it in the description?

Quote :joen

LFS is a racing simulator, so by default servers can be expected to be a race server. Drift servers should indicate it's only drifting, not the other way around.

Yes, that's true aswell, but if they didn't want drifters on the game what-so-ever, surly' they'd of made it so you couldn't have your own setups, so many RWD's etc..

You know what I mean? I see it both ways, but this is just annoying. :@
What joen and wien said.
it begins
RWD's are not MEANT yo be drifted, they are supposed to be raced. Give up now, you are just digging your whole deeper

Christ!
#12 - wien
Quote from DriftStar :Yes, that's true aswell, but if they didn't want drifters on the game what-so-ever, surly' they'd of made it so you couldn't have your own setups, so many RWD's etc.

That's just silly. Setups are vital to the racing aspect of the sim.

Point still stands. LFS is an "online racing simulator" (Check the main page). If you want to use it for something else, you should label the server as such. (Hence the abundance of drift servers.)
#13 - Jakg
Quote from DriftStar :

Yes, that's true aswell, but if they didn't want drifters on the game what-so-ever, surly' they'd of made it so you couldn't have your own setups, so many RWD's etc..

You know what I mean? I see it both ways, but this is just annoying. :@

surely if they didnt want crashers they woulnd't of made multiplayer?

You (and your argument) is retarded.
Quote from Slopi :If you got banned simply because you were drifting when no one was around, I'd have to agree that they are morons.

It's a friggin test server. You know, where you TEST things? Not just racing, but wrecking, sliding, joining, drifting, etc...

Not much you can do about it though I guess.

Exactly that.

Btw; If you flame me, I'm just gonna ignore ya post, (When I say flame, I mean like; gtfo drifters are a bunch of... whatever's.. ) Idc if you say your opinion, I'll read and comment on it,

And about the 'I'll just do what I want' or somthing that I posted; The point of the thread is to:
1. Get my point across.
2. Drifting IS a form of racing, just a differant style. Deal with it.
You don't drift in a race server.

You just don't - it not only makes people mad at you, but it gives drifters an even WORSE reputation! If you want to drift - go to a drift server. Simple?
Quote from Jakg :surely if they didnt want crashers they woulnd't of made multiplayer?

You (and your argument) is retarded.

Ok, fair enough, but how am I retarded? Cos I don't spend all day infront of a computer screen posting on forums, then when I do it's about morons on it? You're probably one of them that voted anyways
Quote from DriftStar :Exactly that.

So everytime i go on a drifting server, there are drift races? NO! So go to lfs torque if you want to sp4m 0n t3h j0y5 0f d0r1ft
#18 - wien
Quote from DriftStar :2. Drifting IS a form of racing, just a differant style. Deal with it.

It's a motorsport, but it's not racing.
Quote from Wikipedia :A race is a competition of speed. The competitors in a race try to complete a given task in the shortest amount of time.

#20 - CSU1
Quote from CSU1 :are retarded.

rofl, that made me laugh too much , Priceless
Well. You see, most ppl here have something against drifters. People like to jump the bandwagon so if some moron starts a vote, most likely other ppl will just press 1 without even knowing what's going on. That's a common thing honestly. If I were you..I really couldn't care. Just move on and hope that the next server has more mature people. Seriously..it's not worth it. Don't even think about getting a nice and mature discussion...too much morons here anyway
#24 - joen
Quote from DriftStar :

Argh!
Drifting is a form of motorsports, it's not a form of racing.
Racing is about completing a number of laps or during a set period of time as fast as possible. Drifting misses this objective.

Seriously, you are twisting here. LFS is about racing (drifting is NOT racing), and the ability to drift in this sim is a side effect of the great physics simulation. So do whatever you like, but you drift on a drift server, you race on a race server. And it is not the responsibility of race server owners to indicate their server is racing only. Because in a racing simulator you can expect servers to be about racing.

There's more than enough drifting servers around, why do you insist on drifting on a race server?

You deal with that.

Quote from faster111 :Modern drifting started out as a racing technique so look it up http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drifting_(motorsport)

So?
It's not the fastest way to go around a track, unless it's a hillclimb or something. Then it can be used as a racing technique enabling you to lap faster. On a racetrack like the ones we have in LFS it is not, it's showing off. So then it has nothing to do with being a racing technique. No matter what you say, it just isn't.
Quote from joen :Argh!
Drifting is a form of motorsports, it's not a form of racing.
Racing is about completing a number of laps or during a set period of time as fast as possible. Drifting misses this objective.

Seriously, you are twisting here. LFS is about racing (drifting is NOT racing), and the ability to drift in this sim is a side effect of the great physics simulation. So do whatever you like, but you drift on a drift server, you race on a race server. And it is not the responsibility of race server owners to indicate their server is racing only. Because in a racing simulator you can expect servers to be about racing.

There's more than enough drifting servers around, why do you insist on drifting on a race server?

You deal with that.

joen look at my post above yours.
This thread is closed

Bug Test Server
(29 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG