The online racing simulator
About car settings..
(8 posts, started )
About car settings..
Hi

I would know what racers this about this suggest and If would be posible for next version ( I think that´s it´s imposible for Version X, so the next ).

As everybody know, the set, is the 50 % of a good lap time. So, we always like get the best set, usually for leagues, and other races.

The normal leagues, are formed by diferents team, and the team works hard to do a good set. Normaly, when you are trying to do a good lap, or improve the set, you can´t send that set to your team, so for this, I will propose a system based in get a set, without the driver send you ( wait , don´t say yet that in this way everybody could "steal" the sets.. )

In that system, the racer A would be driving, and the B would push a button ( example in conexion list ) and automaticly he get that set.

That´s clear that this system, must have a security system, as could be a option that would say:

Who can get your set? Nobody. FriendList (based in s2 names, never nicks.) and the last option ALL.

So in this way, you always keep the control about who could get your set.

What do you think?
Quote from ESPAÑA[XTM] :As everybody know, the set, is the 50 % of a good lap time.

I think that's very much debatable. Fast drivers have shown they can still beat medium/slow drivers even when using the default set. Driver skill is more important than many think.
Try Do wr in bl1 - xfg with set default :P ..[/offtopic]

And About the suggestion?
I think (after about 10 seconds of consideration) that it's a workable idea, but there would be a lot of kinks to iron out.

+.5!
We already have a ability to send a setup to another racer online.
Quote from geeman1 :We already have a ability to send a setup to another racer online.

The suggestion it´s not to send setup to another racer, it´s that the another racer get your set without your intervention.

Example:

You and me, are in the same team. You´re driving and doing wonderful times, but I need your setup to improve, because your set it´s better, so i just push one boton and I get your set, without you do anything.

Do you understand it now?
The suggestion is interesting, but you have to take into account lot of things:

- Each player should have a sort of "friend list" or "team mate list", where he adds lfs usernames of the people that he want to be able to use this "automatic set downloading" of his sets.

- Before having the ability of downloading the set the downloadER should be able to see certain infos about that set, because, for example, when i develop a set i often do short stints of 2 or 3 laps and then notice something wrong and change it again, and not always i change the name, so the teammates that want to download that set should have notifications of these changes too.

Like i said is an interesting idea, however seems a bit complex to implement, and im not so sure that will be useful
Quote from ESPAÑA[XTM] :Do you understand it now?

Yes. I understand.

I just don't think it is needed since you can already share setups. Just ask for the setup. Adding a system like you suggested would just add unneeded complexity with all the friends lists and such.

About car settings..
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG