Aston North
Which Track
Time for a Vote
were do i post to join
its not open yet. once poll is done then it will be put up
ok thanks
Switched to Blackwood!
#6 - garph
Are all/any of the people voting for Aston North going to actually do the GP?

Aston North has around a 2:15/17 lap time in the TBO class. Thats way to long for a 60 lap GP! That's well over 2 hours, IF you are near WR pace for the whole race!

Blackwood is around 1:25 for a lap, much more suited to a 60 lap GP.
#7 - Grunt
After spending hours preparing for the last GP, I was gutted when I missed out due to band practise. I would certainly be hoping to join the next one, although should probably have checked how long AS_North will take before voting... No matter, it'll be an interesting challlege for me!

Have we any ideas for a date yet? (I accept that this is prob wrong thread..)
Bummer on the times, I change my vote to Blackwood. This means less time away from my newborn baby girl
#9 - dadge
60 laps @ blackwood will take just over 75 mins. imo that's the perfect length for these kind of races. and because of the bug test servers, alot of people have been driving the TBO @ BL and have gotten really good at it. there's battles throughout the whole pack and that is what matters most imo.
Quote from garph :Are all/any of the people voting for Aston North going to actually do the GP?

Of course I will.

Why should I vote when I wont drive?
Quote from zeugnimod :Of course I will.

Why should I vote when I wont drive?

huh.. wont drive.

dont make me hunt u down zeug .

EDIT: NVM... Im an idiot
Quote from dadge :60 laps @ blackwood will take just over 75 mins. imo that's the perfect length for these kind of races.

It will seem like longer because it's at Blackwood.
Quote from franky500 :huh.. wont drive.

dont make me hunt u down zeug .

EDIT: NVM... Im an idiot

You will hunt me anyway.

For 1 or 2 corners before I vanish in the distance in front of you.
Quote from thisnameistaken :It will seem like longer because it's at Blackwood.

i don't know dude. during the bug testing (test 2) the races there were fast even though they were 5 laps per race. and with a full grid of 32 there will always be a car infront of you (may it be traffic or position). and in a way it will be like going back to LFS roots. demo track with road going cars.
tbh i don't mind what track we race on. the TBO class is just 100% pure fun no matter what position your in.
should be fun all the same. i don't think i have raced you yet and it will be interesting to take on some "fresh" meat
I voted for AS North, and I'm aware of the length of the race, I just like that feeling of endurance racing, what I don't like is that the TBO class tyres, road super, last for ages, I belive that you can do the 60 laps without anyproblem.
you say that now, but on lap 59 you might change your mind. the 60 lap gp's have always punnished the "ignorant"
nah dadge, from my experience from the Stock Cup, the TBOs are pretty easy on the tires. Does depend on which machine you choose, I found that the RB4 can eat the tyres a bit and FXO as well but XRT is quite stable and isn't hard on the tyres if you drive it calm and no crazy skids all the time. Just adjusting some pressures will sort out the FXO and RB4 tyre temperature problems.
Quote from dadge :i don't know dude. during the bug testing (test 2) the races there were fast even though they were 5 laps per race. and with a full grid of 32 there will always be a car infront of you (may it be traffic or position). and in a way it will be like going back to LFS roots. demo track with road going cars.

Maybe. I've just never got on that well with Blackwood, that's why I voted AS North. I'm not especially quick around either, but I think of Blackwood as being a track I'm especially slow on.

Quote from dadge : should be fun all the same. i don't think i have raced you yet and it will be interesting to take on some "fresh" meat

I have raced you before, but not for a while. You've always been a bit quicker than me, but you've always had a home advantage (XFR or AS Club or both, or FO8 - ISTR you used to drive that a lot). I'm not that good in the XRT but I'm guessing you haven't driven it too much either, so hopefully it will be a bit of a leveller.

Edit: Silly me, you're probably an FXO fan, right? Let's hope we get class balancing for the sixty-lapper then.
Quote from Leprekaun :nah dadge, from my experience from the Stock Cup, the TBOs are pretty easy on the tires. Does depend on which machine you choose, I found that the RB4 can eat the tyres a bit and FXO as well but XRT is quite stable and isn't hard on the tyres if you drive it calm and no crazy skids all the time. Just adjusting some pressures will sort out the FXO and RB4 tyre temperature problems.

Weren't you one of the few in the Stock Cup to blow a tyre during the longer 20+ (but no where near the 60GP) lap races.....in the XRT?!

Quote from thisnameistaken :Edit: Silly me, you're probably an FXO fan, right? Let's hope we get class balancing for the sixty-lapper then.

Yes, silly you! Like me, I think most people find the FXO a little too easy and very annoying at times. I love the XRT but drove it to death on the STCC/CTRA servers and in the Stock Cup so I will also be driving the RB4, as will most of ATC I think.

p.s. I still don't think Aston North is a good choice, the lap is too long and the very fast, long turns don't suit any of these cars at all. If we did Blackwood I think we'd fill the grid 10 times over but if it goes to Aston we'll be lucky to get a full grid, if we do it will be because of the new patch. There will be a hell of a lot of drops outs, purely down the race length.
To be honest I haven't driven the TBOs in the test patches at all, so their pace will be a complete surprise to me.

Judging by reports it'll be nice to see the RB4 being competitive for a change though. I might even drive it myself!
Quote from garph :Weren't you one of the few in the Stock Cup to blow a tyre during the longer 20+ (but no where near the 60GP) lap races.....in the XRT?!

Seems you weren't paying attention to why I popped a tyre. Look at the replay and see how many flat spots I got on that tyre. Simply, I was a bit careless with my braking so the front right took a beating. That was ONLY 1 instance, never had tyre problems in any of the other races. Gag, you'd be surprised how much I can keep tyres at opt. temp and keep it there.
Quote from Leprekaun :Seems you weren't paying attention to why I popped a tyre. Look at the replay and see how many flat spots I got on that tyre. Simply, I was a bit careless with my braking so the front right took a beating. That was ONLY 1 instance, never had tyre problems in any of the other races. Gag, you'd be surprised how much I can keep tyres at opt. temp and keep it there.

I really didn't look into it that deeply Lep or look into it at all.

It doesn't matter why you blew a tyre, it's just the fact that a tyre blew and with 60 laps to do, be it flat spotting, overheating or simple wear it's even easier to do and the chances are even greater.

I don't think I'd be surprised, I was surprised to see the sizes that the LFS t-shirts go up to, with this I'd probably react more like "uh" with an additional, but small, eyebrow lift.
No, but it does. The reason why it blew was because of the nature of T2 because of the crest which makes the car lighter which makes the brakes more sensitive to locking. BL won't be a problem. If you remember, the last round was BL GP Rev which is more strenuous on the tyres than standard. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I've even driven the fair bit round BL in the XRT, never had any problems.
Quote from thisnameistaken :

Edit: Silly me, you're probably an FXO fan, right? Let's hope we get class balancing for the sixty-lapper then.

nuh uh no way. imo the only thing the fxo is missing is a trailer hitch. i drove it once and i hated it. the back end steps out way too often for my liking. rb4 for racing and xrt for dancing (drifting).
if you get a chance kev, get the bl inferno wr ser for the rb4 and give it a whirl. man it rocks.
Quote from dadge :nuh uh no way. imo the only thing the fxo is missing is a trailer hitch. i drove it once and i hated it. the back end steps out way too often for my liking. rb4 for racing and xrt for dancing (drifting).

Should the FXO have a trailer hitch at the front or the back Dadge?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG