The online racing simulator
Patch X - Last day of testing!
(39 posts, closed, started )
Hello Racers.

Having worked on important multiplayer issues for one more week, and doing heavy testing every evening, it really looks like we have a very good stable version now, so Patch X is on target for a Friday release - that is, tomorrow!

Last week there were some disconnection issues and problems with the old voting systems, which have now been replaced along with several other improvements.

It's currently W47 and you can find it here : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25446

If you have any time for a bit of testing today or this evening, please do go online and join the bug testing hosts for a race.

Can't wait to test it out after work.
Will do!
I will do some testing, too! Btw nice work Scawen ... thx!!!
wait..friday is tomorrow??....Hope i remember to return my copy of Forza 2 since i rented it

Seriously though I'd love to come..if it wern't for this coding error in Patch W that now prevents me from connecting to ANY servers at all!

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25536
Quote from GruntOfAction :wait..friday is tomorrow??....Hope i remember to return my copy of Forza 2 since i rented it

Seriously though I'd love to come..if it wern't for this coding error in Patch W that now prevents me from connecting to ANY servers at all!

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25536

The test patches aren't compatible with W, anyway. Try installing W47 and see if that works for you.
:yipee:
:yipee::cat3: :boing: :woohoo:
The patch we all have been waiting for!!!
:woohoo:!
Ohhhh........got some free time tonight, I just hope the standard of "driving" is a little better than it was the other night!!!
It will be available for automatic update from inside the game?
I suppose it will . The point is: It will be possible to do NOT update and play multiplayer with old version?
We have our monday race at LFS-Spain and we don't know if we'll have all servers updated to patch X on Monday evening, so maybe we need to not update in order to be able to play

Sorry if this is already commented but didn't find anything about it
make another LFS folder - download patch - apply patch - test the patch - report bugz
Quote from RocksGt :It will be available for automatic update from inside the game?
I suppose it will . The point is: It will be possible to do NOT update and play multiplayer with old version?
We have our monday race at LFS-Spain and we don't know if we'll have all servers updated to patch X on Monday evening, so maybe we need to not update in order to be able to play

Sorry if this is already commented but didn't find anything about it

The "real" patch should be available in the automatic system. That's what it is for...
Quote from GeForz :The "real" patch should be available in the automatic system. That's what it is for...

Ok... what I want to know is if the automatic update is mandatory when going to multiplayer or is it optional, so we can update after the race if we don't hace servers updated to patch X (since versions are multiplayer incompatble).
Quote from RocksGt :Ok... what I want to know is if the automatic update is mandatory when going to multiplayer or is it optional, so we can update after the race if we don't hace servers updated to patch X (since versions are multiplayer incompatble).

It's not mandatory. You'll be asked nicely if you'd like to update.
#15 - Davo
IIRC it's optional, you can just hit cancel and it won't update your game.

e;fb
Thanks!!
Anyways... hope we have servers patched before Monday... so excited to have our first 32 people race!
the X is coming!!!!!!!!!
[LAME JOKE ALERT]

I'm so Xcited :doh:
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :[LAME JOKE ALERT]

I'm so Xcited :doh:

even funnyer if you put the whole song there instead of so xcited can u do that make me laugh even more.

You is gunna git Xed!!!
If I'll find some time to test before heading to the 24h Nordschleife race this weekend, I'll test it
There is now also a DEMO Bug Test Server online.

Please. if you have the time. do give it a go so that the new kick / ban / votes ect can be tested on the Demo platform also.

Thankyou.
Quote from danowat :Ohhhh........got some free time tonight, I just hope the standard of "driving" is a little better than it was the other night!!!

Thats why we got the new voting system to kick/ban some....you know what I mean
Yep, I got banned twice
This thread is closed

(39 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG