The online racing simulator
Fast comp/rebound
(20 posts, started )
Fast comp/rebound
HI,

I'd like to know why there aint no Fast comp/rebound settings in LFS... especially for the GTR's...

Thx..
There is?
#4 - (SaM)
There is compression settings for the suspension, but you mean you'd like to have a rapid compression and slow compression?
#5 - M.Mos
Changing the damping/rebound value in LFS , changes damping/rebound over the whole speedrange. So i guess you mean seperate slow/fast-bump adjustment.

LFS dampers are all linear The worst dampers ...
Quote from (SaM) :There is compression settings for the suspension, but you mean you'd like to have a rapid compression and slow compression?

that's right... fast compression and fast rebound....why arent they included in LFS ? especially for GTR cars... i mean i was living with that during S1 days and even before , but now with the new GTR cars ..hum .. i just thought it was gonna be abvious to add such a setting for the suspension... im was kinda surprised to not find them to be honest.. is it that hard to implemt them ? i aint a programer but im just wondering u know...
Quote from spankmeyer :Ehm... what?

http://clusty.com/search?query=fast+comp+rebound

EDIT: Aaaah sorry mate, I finally realized you were talking about spring compression and rebound. I was puzzled as I thought you ment comp=computer (your big red signature...)

i made it smaller for your pleasure
Yeah, 4-way adjustable dampers, and some damper load-damping graphs would be cool too.
Quote from silent_wind :i made it smaller for your pleasure

Any chance to make your avatar bigger while you're at it... for my pleasure?
Quote from Bob Smith :Yeah, 4-way adjustable dampers, and some damper load-damping graphs would be cool too.

I would even say we need more the 2 way per travel direction. LFS has so many different cars and tracks (rallyx) that you need different damper characterictics. Somekind of "damper equalizer" and a damper-graph showing the damper characterictics
Guess this is one of the few things in which GTR beats LFS. lol
This is more one of the few things (like sounds) where LFS lacks on everyone else.
#13 - axus
Quote from Nick_ll :This is more one of the few things (like sounds) where LFS lacks on everyone else.

You mean sound effects? Yes. It does beat LFS at that. Not sound feedback.
I MEAN HOW GOOD THE SOUNDS SOUND OVERALL WITHOUT CARING ABOUT FEEDBACK.
If you want to showcase your product, you will need good sounds. Supporting more languages is good, but now those new potential customers might not like what they see at first and I believe first impression is very important. To get a good idea of physics, you will need to play LFS for more than an hour, but that time is well enough to realise the sounds sound bad. Yes the ENGINE SOUND tells you what the ENGINE is doing, but how about having feedback on what OTHER things do too? Oh and better sounds will give a more immersive feel.
#15 - axus
Quote from Nick_ll :I MEAN HOW GOOD THE SOUNDS SOUND OVERALL WITHOUT CARING ABOUT FEEDBACK.
If you want to showcase your product, you will need good sounds. Supporting more languages is good, but now those new potential customers might not like what they see at first and I believe first impression is very important. To get a good idea of physics, you will need to play LFS for more than an hour, but that time is well enough to realise the sounds sound bad. Yes the ENGINE SOUND tells you what the ENGINE is doing, but how about having feedback on what OTHER things do too? Oh and better sounds will give a more immersive feel.

I will agree with you there. Actually only people that have played some of the other games will notice how bad the sound effects are so I guess that LFS is loosing a lot of customers with its sounds. And it will give a great feel to have the informative engine sounds of LFS with some good sound effects (probably using samples) for cog-swaps and diff noise and syths for transmission whine... Best of both worlds - when Scawen gets round to it (hopefully before S2 final because those would really make the game much more desirable for most)
Glad we agree there
That's exactly what I think. Once it's done it'll be the best of both worlds, but in the meantime I'll complain

Back to topic (sorry for changing subject), I'll agree that it would be nice to have variable speed dampers. I guess that would make quite a difference in how LFS feels.
well the real question is (for me) : is it that hard to get them implemented ? i mean programing those datas u know...i'd really like to have an opinion from a dev about this...

Quote :Back to topic (sorry for changing subject), I'll agree that it would be nice to have variable speed dampers. I guess that would make quite a difference in how LFS feels.

i thought for a min that my topic was kinda drawning or somethin...

Quote from spankmeyer :Any chance to make your avatar bigger while you're at it... for my pleasure?

do u want me to get shot by a mod ? illepall
Quote from M.Mos :I would even say we need more the 2 way per travel direction. LFS has so many different cars and tracks (rallyx) that you need different damper characterictics. Somekind of "damper equalizer" and a damper-graph showing the damper characterictics

i agree!!! more settings and more graphs and maybe an option for noobs/simplified settings page.

and just to tell i would like it to be scheduled (it is only my whish i don't want to tell devs what to do and when to do it) as follows:

1) tire phisics
2) collision engine
3) aero bugfix (only the "high nose" fix)
4) suspension improvement
5) better damage model
6) better aero phisics

PS graphs are very important when trying to counteract the bumps of a particular track...that is, frequencies of springs are very relevant, so a graph would be of big help IMO

PS bis i don't know how LFS code is implementing suspensions, but as a dev i believe that it should not be complicated, but it can affect PC performances a "bit" but only one guy can tell you for sure...
#19 - axus
Quote from Honey :i agree!!! more settings and more graphs and maybe an option for noobs/simplified settings page.

The settings for newbies are found on the slower cars which already have simplified setups. I would like to see some new adjustments on the GTR's tho - Fast and Slow damping, Wedge (for the oval)... once brake wear and engine temp are simulated, brake duct and radiator opening adjustments would be nice...
Quote from axus :The settings for newbies are found on the slower cars which already have simplified setups. I would like to see some new adjustments on the GTR's tho - Fast and Slow damping, Wedge (for the oval)... once brake wear and engine temp are simulated, brake duct and radiator opening adjustments would be nice...

Not only the GTRs... ALL the pro-race vehicles available. The FOX and FO8 should also have 4-way adjustable shocks. The stock-cars (except the RB4 and FXO) should prolly have only damper-speed adjustments (no seperate compression and rebound) just like the after-market koni adjustables for your street going car.

Funny thing, I was thinking about this last night on a server when I really wished I could adjust the slow compression setting to help me get the front into the hairpins at AS National.

Fast comp/rebound
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG