The online racing simulator
Trying to host a server, Please help!
Hi, im currently hosting a server but nobody seems to be able to join

When they try to join, it stops at Connecting To Host, and then it says "Client Connect:Connection Failed"

Please help thanks
I am not trying for a dedi host, but just one where people can connect and race but it is only temporary, I have my ports forwarded. I followed your
Quote :Port Forwarding / Home Routers
There are quite a lot of home routers out there, so giving a guide for them all would be quite difficult. Heres one for DD-WRT (I run a linksys WRT54G).
Open a browser window, and goto your router's IP address. In most situations you'll find this is your default gateway. You can find this by going to Start > Run, typing "cmd", clicking ok, and then typing "ipconfig" and pressing enter.
Click "Applications & Gaming"
Click "Port Forwarding"
Click Add
The following settings should be enough: Application = LFS, Port From = 63392, Protocol = Both, IP Address = Your Local IP Address (can be found from ipconfig, as above), Port to = 63392, and tick Enable.
Click "Save Settings"
Check out portforward.com for a guide for your router.

and i just went to "Multiplayer -> Start new game (set everything up and pressed ok)

Should it not work
#4 - Jakg
It will work, but without port forwarding no-one will be able to connect
but i have forwarded my port, i put in the ip address and logged in to that yolky and followed his instructions about it
Quote from niall09 :but i have forwarded my port, i put in the ip address and logged in to that yolky and followed his instructions about it

My commentry is only relevant for DD-WRT, if you're running something else on a router it may be different.

Any other firewalls or anything?
DD-WRT is like Lynksis, right? i have a lynksis router and i would have thought that they would be similar?
#8 - Jakg
DD-WRT is a model made by Linksys, not Lynksis - if you are SURE Thats the name of the router you've got a Chinese nock-off
this is what it says on the box:

Linksys wireless-G broadband router. model no. WRT54G v2.2

Quote from Jakg :DD-WRT is a model made by Linksys

No.

DD-WRT is a third party replacement firmware, for a number of routers, including various Linksys boxes.

niall09, I honestly can't remember what the default firmware looks like any more

If you're confident that you've forwarded the ports to the correct IP, then I'd start looking at any firewall software, such as the Windows Firewall, etc.
#11 - Jakg
Oops, ok then the WRT is a model name for something from Linksys, sorry!
Quote from Jakg :Oops, ok then the WRT is a model name for something from Linksys, sorry!

Heheh, bash bash bash
well, what should i do?
If you're confident that you've forwarded the ports to the correct IP (check against portforward.com if necessary), then I'd start looking at any firewall software, such as the Windows Firewall, etc. which may be blocking connectivity also. Have you got anything like that?
when i started the server i got a prompt for firewall, and i pressed "unblock"
Temporarily disable the Windows firewall and see if you can get people to connect, to rule it out. If it works then the Windows Firewall is playing silly buggers. If it doesn't it's possible something else is blocking the connectivity.
ok, i have it working, my brother fixed it, i dont know what it was though

Thank you for your help anyway
hi, i followed this, but it didnt work on vista
Port Forwarding / Home Routers
There are quite a lot of home routers out there, so giving a guide for them all would be quite difficult. Heres one for DD-WRT (I run a linksys WRT54G).
Open a browser window, and goto your router's IP address. In most situations you'll find this is your default gateway. You can find this by going to Start > Run, typing "cmd", clicking ok, and then typing "ipconfig" and pressing enter.
Click "Applications & Gaming"
Click "Port Forwarding"
Click Add
The following settings should be enough: Application = LFS, Port From = 63392, Protocol = Both, IP Address = Your Local IP Address (can be found from ipconfig, as above), Port to = 63392, and tick Enable.
Click "Save Settings"
Check out portforward.com for a guide for your router.

Anyone willing to set one of these up for vista?
Quote from harjun :Anyone willing to set one of these up for vista?

Port forwarding isn't something specific to XP/Vista/<insert your own desktop or server OS>, it's specific to home router or firewall..
#20 - Jakg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG