The online racing simulator
Am I At My Limit.....
(32 posts, started )
Am I At My Limit.....
hiya everybody well i have a favor to ask.Ive been racing in lfs for about 2weeks now and i do belive im at my limit of racing now.im confused is this cause im using a keyboard,or maybe my setup,maybe me not knowing enough.i have added a reply of me driving 5 laps of blackwood please look and see f you can help me....
Buy a wheel.

--------------------------
End thread here
You won't peak in two weeks. I'm still getting faster and I've been here two years.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Buy a wheel.

--------------------------
End thread here

did you even watch the video ?!?!?!?!?!

and yea im realy going to listen you :noob:
Quote from mcgas001 ::noob:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHdsalöfjasdlkf

E: Just looked at your replay, you didn't even manage one lap without a serious error like completely overshooting a corner or drifting halfway through it. Granted, it's probably not that bad for two weeks on the keyboard, but your limit? How about a you actually try for a start?
Quote from AndroidXP :AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHdsalöfjasdlkf

E: Just looked at your replay, you didn't even manage one lap without a serious error like completely overshooting a corner or drifting halfway through it. Granted, it's probably not that bad for two weeks on the keyboard, but your limit? How about a you actually try for a start?

so any suggestions then ???
Get a wheel. Or start using the mouse, at least. Watch world record replays. Compare your laps to the WR laps with AFS. And the most obvious, practise more!
1. you are understeering in a RWD, congrats
2. as long as you are less then 10seconds behind the WR, it's ok for the first attempt, go online and have fun
3. try the mouse
#9 - kaynd
You should try the mouse…

If you can not do that and for your own reasons you prefer the keyboard, try using the stabilize option and/or reduce the steer and return rate till you get a close to normal wheel movement…
Really, you won't get far with the keyboard. At least use the mouse as kaynd said... least then you'll have analogue steering, and you'll get smoother n faster. Alot of the fastest drivers use mouse.. don't know of one that uses keyboard.

V
#11 - SamH
Quote from mcgas001 :hiya everybody well i have a favor to ask.Ive been racing in lfs for about 2weeks now and i do belive im at my limit of racing now.im confused is this cause im using a keyboard,or maybe my setup,maybe me not knowing enough.i have added a reply of me driving 5 laps of blackwood please look and see f you can help me....

I've been playing for about 18 months and still have not reached my limit. I had a PB that I set about 6 months ago which I thought I'd struggle to get to again. I beat it by over a second on my return and it was easy.
IMO if after two weeks we had reached our limit, then after X amount of years of racing we would all either be very frustrated or world champs.

practice, practice,practice..........digest what you learn, then be prepared to learn some more.

racecraft isnt something that comes overnight.

hope i dont sound too Yoda-ish!!!

"No, there is another........."
This exactly reminds me of my post before about an year or so...

Anyways try getting a wheel if you can or try the mouse because they are way faster and give you more control indeed.

But if you are not in for a wheel at the moment : and the mouse makes no sense to you(like it never did to me)then use the KS option and try playing around with three options i.e steer rate, return rate & button control rate till you think they work the best for you.

There are times when you think you can do no better and the solution is to just stop driving and go around doing some research. Firstly, go download some KS & KN hotlaps from LFS world to watch the way the top 3 or 4 guys drive. Note their lines, their braking zones, their speeds through corners just note each and every detail. Download Replay Analyzer its a very very good tool.Read all threads on this forum that may help you drop your times.Go read the LFS Manual. Read about trail braking. Read about setups. Poke your nose just don't sit htere wondering how its going to happen...

After you've done all the research, start experimenting. Its not necessary that the WR set or the fastest KS racer's set may work for you. You have to spend hours trying new things with control settings and setups till you end up doing a lap that you never thought you could do...your new PB.

After that you'll start doing you pb in every other lap that you race online and you hit the roadblock yet again...back to the drawing board )))

Its a process where you need "EVOLVE" with time. Just stick around and keep trying...your times will drop soon.
And do all the lessons.
They lets you know the cars "limits"!
Most importantly... YOU HAVE NO LIMIT except those you put on yourself... its a game for gods sake lol... in life we have limits in cars cause of fear... but fear isn't a factor here lol.... So your limit=cars limit so u need to find out what the cars limits are... believe me... in 2 weeks... your absolutely no where near it. lol

V
Quote from mcgas001 :hiya everybody well i have a favor to ask.Ive been racing in lfs for about 2weeks now and i do belive im at my limit of racing now.im confused is this cause im using a keyboard,or maybe my setup,maybe me not knowing enough.i have added a reply of me driving 5 laps of blackwood please look and see f you can help me....

Just 2 weeks? That seems kind of a kiddish statement. If you can't have it in two weeks. I've been racing months and each time I'm learning a different way to shift, a line to take, throttle control. Can't jump in and be a instant Schumacher.

Racing is like anything, Practice, Practice, Practice. I practice so much my hands cramp up, and the tip of my right pointer finger is numb.

Also relax when driving, don't spend so much time thinking about breaking records. Just relax and drive. Some of the fastest times I ever did oddly enough I wasn't even thinking about what I was doing. I just did it, yet if I start thinking about it, I mess up.
Quote from AndroidXP :Get a wheel. Or start using the mouse, at least. Watch world record replays. Compare your laps to the WR laps with AFS. And the most obvious, practise more!

I disagree. I use keyboard, and I been on LFS for about a year. I can run 1:28's...or 29's or something....and I usually get 1:33s or so..

Oh, and 2 weeks just isn't gonna do it for "your peak". You gotta work on it some more..
yeh. ive been playing LFS on keyboard for around a year or so now. and im still getting faster. since im a drifter i generally work on lines and style more than lap times.
Quote from SamH :You joined the scientologists!?

::flees::

Hail Xenu! :ufo:
Quote from neglouseight :Also relax when driving, don't spend so much time thinking about breaking records. Just relax and drive. Some of the fastest times I ever did oddly enough I wasn't even thinking about what I was doing. I just did it, yet if I start thinking about it, I mess up.

i agree, just relax,
or even fall a sleep. when u wake up,

new pb
My best lap ever I think was done while having some very comical things happening in TS with the UKCT guys, and the laptime just flowed. Thinking makes you slower, you must be one with the car.
1) try using the mouse - I just cracked 1:24.46 yesterday and I use the mouse
2) watch world record replays, and analyse how they drive
3) practice in singleplayer - multiplayer replays are horrible
4) either use the RACE_S setup or download one from here http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/ don't go dicking around with the setup unless you really know what you are doing, or else you will just make yourself slower.

@Cr!t!calDrift sorry to admit it but 1:28 is poor. After watching world record replays I quickly got 1:27s and then with not much more practive I cracked 1:26s, to get 1:25 took a lot more practice. You should be at least able to do consistant 1:26s.
Where do i start... im no LFS drivig god myself but i know what is wrong with your laps.

1. you brake late causing you to dib-dab the power through the corner like ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF, try braking earlier and putting the power down through the corner, remember slow IN fast OUT, oh and braking earlier will make you ge a better line through some of the corners as on some of them you running to wide coming out of the corner.

PS: i could only watch half a lap my dad is racing again got to go come to brandshatch and watc if you live close by his series is supporting the DTM championship.
lmfao two weeks and your at your peak? damn you must be SH!T ive been on lfs for roughly a year now, and im still improving and learning my way round tracks with different cars i used to race with the keyboard and the mouse but really didnt start improving much untill i bought a wheel, it isnt the greatest wheel or the most expensive but it does the job. as everyone on this thread has stated your not at your limit! and even the longest members are still improving. the way i learnt was by spectating watch the fast racers for a few races take note of where they break turn in and acellerate, and then put it into practice when your comfortable with the race line and are confident enough to push the the boundries of the racing line then move on to trying different set ups, theres 2 things to look for in a setup the most obvious is how it helps your lap times but you also need to be comfortable with it take note that not all set ups will suit your style!

Am I At My Limit.....
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG