The online racing simulator
LAN join
(16 posts, started )
LAN join
How to join to LAN server via command line?
or via "/" commands in game?

Thanks.
#2 - shim
multiplayer/join specific game/local network/type IP adress in

i mean "Command Line" arguments. or ingame "/" commands
not by mouse-clicking-on-buttons.

anybody knows?
/join IPADDRESS works if I remember correctly
this does not work
Make sure you have the correct tcp/ip ports open (not being blocked by a firewall on either computer).

Also, I dont believe an S2 can connect to a demo version (if im wrong, someone please coreect me and let me know how). Ive tried racing with my son with no sucess in this manner.
everything is ok with my ports.

i have a local LAN server runned on some local comp (ip=X.X.X.X) with default port and no restrictions on the ports.

when i run following command at another computer:
"lfs.exe /join=X.X.X.X"
lfs runs fine but it do not join the LAN server.
instead it tryes to find server named "X.X.X.X" on the master server, and there is no such one.
anybody knows how to do it?
What are your IP adresses in your local network.
The on of the server and of the PC from you are trying to join.
game client: 192.168.0.1
LAN server: 192.168.0.2
client can not connect via /join=serverip in command line.
but when i select network game in lfs UI
and type LAN server ip address, it connects fine.

127.0.0.1 & 127.0.0.1 does not work too.
these adress looks strange to me.These are usually assigned by XP to your network card when there is no network connection.Usually when you have router in the network it give the PC IP adress like 10.0.0.xxx.

How are the PC connected to the network?

EDITED:hmmm should have been reading better.So it basically works for you thru LFS UI but not via command line.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :these adress looks strange to me.These are usually assigned by XP to your network card when there is no network connection.Usually when you have router in the network it give the PC IP adress like 10.0.0.xxx.

No. No. No.
Have exactly the same problem. Keeps going to the internet rather than the local Network. Works fine when doing it manually through LFS. Hope some one can help.
#14 - AW06
go into lfs> multiplayer> start new game> and then click at top, local, then the usual when ur finished find the hosts ip and then on the 2nd pc, go to join specific game > local network > then type the ip of host pc. then host port (as set on start game on host pc)

sorry for my bad spelling etc, im tired

btw hope this helps
#15 - AW06
iirc you could do that on the pc that is connecting to the host, but not make a server, is that what you mean??

LAN join
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG