The online racing simulator
force feedback same strengh for all cars option
Everytime I change cars I have to go change ffb on options since there are cars that have stronger ffb... since I like the same ffb it would be nice if there was a general ffb for all cars option.
It is a general option already, its just that different cars have stronger FFB. What would be best is to have each car save its own FFB settings (along with other controls) so that you don't have to change it from car to car; in other words, set a car up the way you want it and then everytime you get in the car its setup that way.
there are two ways to do this
1) use a scrip for every car to set the ffb to your preferences
2) use the < and > key (on an american keyboard no idea where they are on a portuguese one but theyre probably "," and ".") to quickly adjust the ffb in increments of 5
#4 - Woz
Quote from raizde2 :Everytime I change cars I have to go change ffb on options since there are cars that have stronger ffb... since I like the same ffb it would be nice if there was a general ffb for all cars option.

The strength changes as the geometry of the front wheels and suspension and steering rack change how force is transmitted to the wheel as it is in real life
1) Go on a track with the car of your choice
2) Find your optimal FF value with the '<' and '>' keys (as described above)
3) Note it down
4) Do that for all other cars you regularly drive

5) Go to <LFS>/data/script
6) Open the corresponding CAR.lfs (like FO8.lfs, FZR.lfs, etc.) with a text editor
7) Write a line "/ff 45" (replace 45 with whatever FF strength was best for the car)
8) Save

Now every time you chose that car the FF will be automatically set to that value.
#6 - Woz
Or just accept that the LFS cars like cars in real life all feel different.

I have found that it doesn't matter how much you tweak, script or play with the FF settings the next time you use a new/different setup for the car the FF will feel wrong again.

I have long since given up changing it

Because actually it doesn't make much sense to artificially change the FF strength per car - it should and does actually depend on suspension geometry and other stuff. Though Scawen was generous enough to implement a script system so we can do all these stupid custom changes ourselves, instead of forcing Scawen to waste time by implementing minor suggestions all the time.
#8 - bbman
Quote from Mike85 :Now thats also one of the things thats wrong with LFS. Why would I make a script? It can all be made into the menus.

But no, go make a script and do all these things then it will work. See, the feature is here, you just have to do the right procedure.

LOL

But thanks for the info on how to do it. For those who need it.

Scripts are there for one reason: to customize LfS exactly to your need! You just have to get your lazy a** up and do a bit of research... I'm quite happy with feeling the differences of the cars in the FF of the wheel also, and I don't want the menus clogged up with silly adjustments nobody ever uses when it is so much easier to write 3 lines of "code" into a scriptfile and I'm off...
Adjusting the FFB to be the same strength in all cars will just remove more of the ras individuality. Also you'll never get it perfect since different setups can give different FFB strengths.

Some people just don't appreciate variety.
or maybe they just need it to counter hardware problems
if i go from the xrt to the rac without changing anything on the ffb setting i either lose all info from not having enough force in the rac or driving the xrt the dfps motor coupled with its built in slowness stops me from countersteering quickly
I have more problems with my neighbours when I forget to turn the speakers down then I get from lactic acid buildup in my arms from ffb.

But its prolly fixable with a similar kind of script as the one Shotglass mentions.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG