The online racing simulator
Testing W43 now! New voting system etc...
Hello Racers, I just wanted to post this here as we are so close to Patch X now.

We're online testing Patch W43 now.
A new voting system makes it much easier to get a race restart - the votes are not cancelled every time someone joins or leaves.
Also you can get into game from the entry screen, even if someone joins or leaves, because the "ready" buttons don't keep getting reset.

There are also other fixes and improvements.
So now would be a good time to give it a go if you feel like some racing tonight!
And you'll be helping to make sure Patch X (which is planned for this week) is bug free!

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25446
Give me a few minutes and i'll be there, nothing on tv today anyway
Nice with the fix.

Will be alot more enjoyable in LFS now
So far so good and its so fun with a full grid.
#5 - FL!P
Quote from Scawen :A new voting system makes it much easier to get a race restart

Perfect! Thanks, Scawen!
Scawen we have one other problem,

we can't kick or ban ppl... and there was bunch of noobs who were destroying every race on bug test server, so we tried to kick or ban, but every time someone disconnect or connect votes are canceled, so we simply can't get rid of them.

I would like to ask you if you could make W44 with new system for this like one for restart. That votes aren't canceled, so we all can have a good and clean races.

Thank you
Quote from N I K I :Scawen we have one other problem,

we can't kick or ban ppl... and there was bunch of noobs who were destroying every race on bug test server, so we tried to kick or ban, but every time someone disconnect or connect votes are canceled, so we simply can't get rid of them.

I would like to ask you if you could make W44 with new system for this like one for restart. That votes aren't canceled, so we all can have a good and clean races.

Thank you

I thought u could do that in this patch?
No it's just for restarting now, and restart works great, but this kick / ban is still old. I think it should be done just like Restart
Quote from N I K I :Scawen we have one other problem,

Thank you

+1
+1000000000000

hard to get rid of people who drive rubbish.Also the vote no nned to be 100percent 3/4 of people would enough.Some people just dont care so they dont vote.
its good practice this happens every time around the time a new patch is released. tons of newbs in servers with crappy racecraft show up. eventually they get better,banned, or stop playing lfs. It was a refresher course for me because I havent driven against such a multitude of bad drivers. You cant use the same tactics against lesser skilled racers and expect to finish a race with your car intact.

you cant intimidate lesser experienced drivers as easily because they are oblivious to the dangers.
Quote from Gabkicks :you cant intimidate lesser experienced drivers as easily because they are oblivious to the dangers.

On the other hand, you, as an experienced driver can anticipate a potential danger and therefore avoid it. It's actually rather funny sometimes.

Now if I just could find that particular replay ...
Quote from DEVIL 007 :+1000000000000

hard to get rid of people who drive rubbish.Also the vote no nned to be 100percent 3/4 of people would enough.Some people just dont care so they dont vote.

I would like to add:
Some people just dont care, so they press 1 anyway. Voting after some false accusation. But if votes eventually expire after a given time, it should be ok.
---------------
Great to see the race-restart-vote isn't cancelled at last.
---------------
Looking forward to see how this works...
Quote from Scawen :..Also you can get into game from the entry screen, even if someone joins or leaves, because the "ready" buttons don't keep getting reset...

What is entry screen? (the list of game servers OR pit screen?) Can some-one elaborate? Is the "A Player is Connecting" when trying to connect avoided now? I cant use LFS right now to try it :hides from boss: but it sounds awfully good.

EDIT: Ah,.. I read the changelog for W42, I can tell ENTRY SCREEN is the change race options screen, (end race screen) when in multiplayer. And yes, "player is connecting" is fixed with a queue system. Sorry about that noob spam.
If you want to prepare for avoiding bad drivers, do what I did lastnight:
100 laps on a full grid of AI at FE1. It's surprisingly hard to get through a grid of drivers who brake earlier than expected, don't give you any room to overtake, and have a habit of spinning off infront of you From there, you have plenty of practice by lapping them as well. (sorry for OT)
No, N I K I is a ban whore (banning people because he (N I K I) didn't understand the blue flag rule for instance.

Don't make it too easy to ban people, because the only that stops it being abused is the timing out/cancelling of the votes!
Quote from JasonJ :EDIT: Ah,.. I read the changelog for W42, I can tell ENTRY SCREEN is the change race options screen, (end race screen) when in multiplayer. And yes, "player is connecting" is fixed with a queue system. Sorry about that noob spam.

Yes, it was misleading to say Entry Screen - because Entry Screen really means the front end screen.

What I meant to say was the "Game Setup Screen".
It's time to stop talking about the kicking and banning. I don't need it hammered into my brain as if it's a tent peg being bashed into a piece of wood. My head is not made of wood.

It's my job to note that there is an issue (only one vote at a time, the vote expiring when the target leaves) and deal with it. I'm dealing with it. Others, please, stop spamming the test patch threads with arguments about the kicking and banning. Just let me do my job.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG