The online racing simulator
#1 - MGBoy
Logitech DFP - Completely dead.
Hey,

I just wondered if anyone had had similar DFP problems. Recently I went to plug mine in and set it up (after a reformat) and there were no signs of life from the wheel (lights flashing, motors twitching or anything) or PC (no pop-ups saying "Oooh! USB thingy!" etc.). I tried it in my PS2 as well, and nothing. It seems as if something pretty fundamental has given up the ghost. Does anyone know what might be the problem here, and if it's fixable? I don't think I've got any warranty or anything (bought new off eBay) so I don't know how much good it would do to try and contact Logitech. I really want to get this wheel back in order again, because I've just recently decided I wanna get simracing again, and I can't afford to replace it with anything decent, unless Poundland supply G25s...

Thanks for any help,
Adam.

EDIT: Just for the sake of any Forum Historians out there, yes, I did post a thread about DFP problems on here hundreds of years ago, but they were eventually rectified, if I remember rightly (I sound like an old bloke =/ ).
Quote from MGBoy :I don't think I've got any warranty or anything (bought new off eBay) so I don't know how much good it would do to try and contact Logitech.

Doesn't matter - if it's bought new from a UK retailer then you have a 12 month warranty. Just beause that retailer sold it to you via ebay doesn't dissolve them of their responsibilities. Afaik.

It'd be different if you bought it from a private seller advertising it as new/unused, because the 12 month warranty would have started when they bought it.
#3 - MGBoy
Quote from STROBE :Doesn't matter - if it's bought new from a UK retailer then you have a 12 month warranty. Just beause that retailer sold it to you via ebay doesn't dissolve them of their responsibilities. Afaik.

It'd be different if you bought it from a private seller advertising it as new/unused, because the 12 month warranty would have started when they bought it.

Really? Hmm that's useful to know.. but I would expect them to want proof it was bought from a retailer, and anyway I suspect it may be more than 12 months since purchase anyway

Cheers for the info anyway

Adam.
#4 - Dru
Quote from MGBoy :Really? Hmm that's useful to know.. but I would expect them to want proof it was bought from a retailer, and anyway I suspect it may be more than 12 months since purchase anyway

Cheers for the info anyway

Adam.

yes they need proof of purchase recepit for it to persue anything under warranty im afraid...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG