The online racing simulator
#1 - ste_
Someone explain to me about the new skins dirs
I'm a reasonably intelligent fella (don't say anything zeug ) but I'm having a real hard time understanding the new /skins/ dirs in the W test patches.

So can someone explain it to me like I'm 6 years old please?

I've got 4 skin-related dirs... ../skins/ ../skins_dds/ ../skins_x/ ../skins_y/

As I understand it, pre W test patches, I had two dirs. Now I have 4. Why now 4? What goes in the other two.

Also whilst running the W test patch, it does a load of converting (to .dds). Are there now jpg files I can delete because they have been converted to dds files, and so are no longer used?

Also also, if someone posts their hi-res skins so I can download them, which dir do they go in for my LFS to pick them up and use them?

And what dir do my personal skins go in so I can choose them in my car setup screen? (After, of course, uploading them to LFSWorld).

Thanks for any help! Free potatoes to anyone who makes sense
#2 - joen
read the first post in the test patch thread(s)
#3 - ste_
Right, ok, so evidently I'm not as reasonably intelligent as i first thought.

Have a potato. (damnit, where's the smiley to indicate the giving of a root vegetable)
#4 - Davo
Quote from ste_ :I'm a reasonably intelligent fella (don't say anything zeug ) but I'm having a real hard time understanding the new /skins/ dirs in the W test patches.

So can someone explain it to me like I'm 6 years old please?

I've got 4 skin-related dirs... ../skins/ ../skins_dds/ ../skins_x/ ../skins_y/

As I understand it, pre W test patches, I had two dirs. Now I have 4. Why now 4? What goes in the other two.

skins_dds holds the converted dds skins from your skins folder. skins should contain jpg files whereras skins_dds contains dds files that fls has converted for use.

Quote : Also whilst running the W test patch, it does a load of converting (to .dds). Are there now jpg files I can delete because they have been converted to dds files, and so are no longer used?

Yes you can delete all of your jpg files after they're converted to dds.

Quote : Also also, if someone posts their hi-res skins so I can download them, which dir do they go in for my LFS to pick them up and use them?

They go into your 'skins' folder.

Quote : And what dir do my personal skins go in so I can choose them in my car setup screen? (After, of course, uploading them to LFSWorld).

These also go into your 'skins' folder.

Quote :Thanks for any help! Free potatoes to anyone who makes sense

Where are my potatoes :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG