The online racing simulator
Setup for Formula XR (FOX)
(7 posts, started )
Hello there,

I really like this car. I manage the car with default setup, I also found several setups that make the car gain more speed, about 230 km/h when the normal setup you can go maximum at 205 km/h. The thing is that on many tracks, for example Aston Club, the real difference is made by the speed on the straight lanes, so I really need to gain that speed. My record is 1:05x, but I have seen some people making 1:01x.

The problem on the setups I found is that in the curves the car is very hard to control, If I accelerate while I'm still on the curve, I lose control of the car, and the thing is that I really need to accelerate on the curves.

So, let's build a perfect setup...
You need more practice too. Never use excessive throttle while you have any significant degree of steering lock. Always try to drive the corner so you can unwind the steering lock as soon as possible. Then you can get back on the throttle.
Quote from Gentlefoot :You need more practice too. Never use excessive throttle while you have any significant degree of steering lock. Always try to drive the corner so you can unwind the steering lock as soon as possible. Then you can get back on the throttle.

Yes I know. The thing is that the setup's I tryed weare very instable at curves. If I pushed to hard on the wheel my back was "gone", same if I tried to accelerate while I was still on the curve, even inf the degree of the steering was not so high.

Quote from Milanche :No need to make one. Try this one.

I gave it a try and I like it.
Quote from Pixiez :
I gave it a try and I like it.

Thanks. As I see your PB is 1.05.XX there is a lot of space for improvement, practice more, try to find perfect line and watch other faster people how they drive and u might learn something.

Good luck!

Milanche
Quote from Milanche :Thanks. As I see your PB is 1.05.XX there is a lot of space for improvement, practice more, try to find perfect line and watch other faster people how they drive and u might learn something.

Good luck!

Milanche

My personal best is still 1.05.xx

I can't kill that 5 seconds. Now I have been searching again for some setup that is not so instable in curves since I need good steering in the "Club" (map)
Quote from Pixiez :My personal best is still 1.05.xx

I can't kill that 5 seconds. Now I have been searching again for some setup that is not so instable in curves since I need good steering in the "Club" (map)

More stable = slower but easier to be consistent
less stable = faster but less consistent

This is the general rule within reasonable limits. Ofcourse if you have much too much oversteer you will be slower. But the WR and other fast sets tend to be well balanced with an emphasis on oversteer.

Lats time I raced this track I decided to take 1 click of rear wing off and I instantly broke my PB. Sure it was a bit oversteery but was faster nevertheless.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG