The online racing simulator
Jumping around
(4 posts, started )
Jumping around
I tried rfactor and first thing I noticed is that car was jumping all around and loosing grip because there was a lot of bumps on track. It somehow increases sense of speed. I personaly like the effect altough Im not sure if it's like in real world with racing suspension, but I guess it should be. There is one bigger bump in SO after the double chicane, but everything else is somehow to flat, even when you hit on track side bank, it's again somehow too smooth at least comparing to rfactor. What's your opinion on this... I don't say that in rfactor is more realistic, could be that it's compleatly unrealistic... It scared me and my hart started pumping when the car jumped and lost control for split second didn't expect something like that
There's quite a few tracks with crests and dips and KY GP Long has some savage bumps at the final turn. Seems quite realistic to me. All race circuits I've driven on in real life are far smoother than your average UK A road.
Try going into Options > View and play with the "Acceleration Shifts Viewpoint" sliders (sorry - I don't know what they translate to in your version of LFS). The higher you set the sliders, the more bumpy ride you get. It's very noticable in the BMW Sauber!
Rallycross circuits really need more bumps and jumps

Jumping around
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG