The online racing simulator
W38 Stress Test - Please join
(36 posts, closed, started )
#26 - Osco
joined for some time, seemed to work fine here
#27 - J.B.
shift f4 is supposed to be cleaner/more stable.
always works for me, and i dont use alt, i just press the windows key
I had to disable the skin download option if I wanted to be able to connet or else when the skin download finished the server was already full, also when I did finally connect I was kicked out, but that was from my side, my brother was downloading torrents at full speed
#30 - ste_
lol at 32 cars on the grid, and 13 making a false start!
Damn right it was a stress test - I saw the worst side of LFS users tonight - and dont much car for it.

Not so sure it was me that should have been stressed tho -
Well, my wheezy graphics card and processor can handle a full grid, and I did not get any "JOOS" messages. I did get slight stutters when some people were leaving the pits, but otherwise, I had 60 fps on the grid. WOW!
Server 2 was great! Lots of action, very few issues.

I had the 'menu freeze' bug, but it only lasted a few seconds (I think it was while a player was connecting).

The only thing that's really irritating me is that you can't even click through or change your options while someone is connecting. That doesn't make any sense!
Great action on #2 server, I just decided I would call it a day after doing a front flip over the bonnet of a car after being hit quite hard up the rear bumper

On the plus side it made for some good screenshots
Attached images
Qsilver flys1.jpg
test server 2.jpg
Thank you to all those who joined the stress testing hosts.

We found that it's still possible to break the host by all leaving and rejoining at once.

There's a possibilty that a queue system will cure this completely because the thing that kills the server is just a buffer overrun (running out of space for all the packets) and you see a message "OVERFLOW".

This doesn't happen in normal use because someone would time out long before there is a buffer overflow - so the buffers are big enough. The queue system could solve this by making sure people connect one by one, with a couple of seconds breathing space between each one.

Anyway I'll close this thread as it's misleading now as we aren't really running a stress test right now. It's possible that Patch X release will move to Saturday because we might need to heavily test the fixes tomorrow evening.

Thanks again and good night!
This thread is closed

W38 Stress Test - Please join
(36 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG